What did you do?

fmingo36

Last night I got in a 2.5 mile walk with Nola. I tried running with her but she is just horrible on the leash and kept zig-zagging in front of me so it ending up being a fast walk instead of a run. This morning up early to the gym for an 1 hr of weights.
I will try for a run tonight..gotta burn some calories to make way for the Whoopie Pie Festival tomorrow. :hungry:

Kristia

Last night I got in a 2.5 mile walk with Nola. I tried running with her but she is just horrible on the leash and kept zig-zagging in front of me so it ending up being a fast walk instead of a run. This morning up early to the gym for an 1 hr of weights.
I will try for a run tonight..gotta burn some calories to make way for the Whoopie Pie Festival tomorrow. :hungry:

And that is why I don't run with my dogs! I know they would get better if I did it with them more but it is so frustrating. They also want to stop to sniff everything and/or run way faster than me and end up pulling me along. Hell of an upper body workout trying to stop them!

Texas84

Golf at Nellis AFB yesterday with my brother-in-law. Nice little course with great views of the flight line, mountains, and Vegas. Saw F-22s and British Tornados with A-10s, F-15s and F-16s. Back home Saturday then start training all over again for an October half in Atlanta.

bethram

5.8 miles this morning at 9:08. Nice morning for a run but I really wish it would go ahead and cool off some. We have had an unusually cool and wet summer but I much prefer running when its cooler. Today is actually the first Code Orange smog alert I've heard about all summer.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Last day before Tough Mudder today....taking in all the bananas and carbs I can handle. I know what is involved now, so it's a matter of preparing properly.

Kristia

Just did a 3 mile run. First run in nearly 2 weeks. Had a very small amount of shin pain, but not nearly as bad as it had been so hopefully I am on the mend. I tried to take it easy but was still able to keep the pace under 11 min/mile so not too bad.

LindsayLoves

12 easy miles in 1:55. Around mile three I realized that I should have taken this run more seriously and my decision to have 5 beers after work and mac and cheese for dinner last night were probably not the best way to fuel/prepare for this run. It was slow but I got the miles in which is what really counted.

@Ariel484 - Shannon have a fantastic time of the cruise!

@fmingo36 - Coryna I would love to run with my dog but she would probably pull my arm out of the socket, she is definitely more of a sprinter than a long haul runner.

@Kristia - glad to hear you are (fingers crossed) on the mend!

Kristia

Ran to catch the bus to the Magic Kingdom from Coronado, then ran to Be Our Guest for lunch. :D Sperry Topsiders are terrible running shoes. :(

(Sorry, had to rub it in a little bit. I'm planning on one run and one strength workout on the Dream in addition to the CC5K this week.)
Have an awesome time on the cruise! So jealous...wish I could go. Hopefully this won't be the one and only group cruise and I will be able to make it next time!

@LindsayLoves - Thanks! Yep...fingers crossed!

fmingo36

Just did a 3 mile run. First run in nearly 2 weeks. Had a very small amount of shin pain, but not nearly as bad as it had been so hopefully I am on the mend. I tried to take it easy but was still able to keep the pace under 11 min/mile so not too bad.

Looks like no PRs will be made at Hershey for either of us but we'll still have a good time!!!

fmingo36

@fmingo36 - I am not too worried about Hershey yet. I have a half this coming weekend. :eek: With the hills at Hershey I don't think I will ever have PR there! :D

I made my PR at last year's Hershey event but I don't think I'll be anywhere close to that pace this year.

What are you running next weekend?

Kristia

I made my PR at last year's Hershey event but I don't think I'll be anywhere close to that pace this year.

What are you running next weekend?
Rock and Roll Half in Philly. I got a PR there last year but I don't think that will happen this year to either. That's ok, they are both fun races!

Sumrdog

Montana Dragon Boat Festival this weekend...So much fun! After a pretty exciting practice Friday in which whitecaps swamped our boat and we had to swim it in against the wind for quite a distance, we went on to win both our heats yesterday!! I have no idea our rank overall we were in the top third of 91 teams after round one. It was so much fun! I can't wait until next year. If you have never seen dragon boating you should google it. It is a really fun team sport and good whole body work out.

fmingo36

Rock and Roll Half in Philly. I got a PR there last year but I don't think that will happen this year to either. That's ok, they are both fun races!

I still want to sign up for R&R event. Maybe next year because it'll be between the Disneyland 1/2 and the Wine & Dine 1/2.

fmingo36

1 1/2 hr of yoga this morning. Now going to sit on my butt and watch the Patriots game and then the Women final tennis match (Go Serena!) at the US open. Of course can't forget Breaking Bad tonight. Yeh-I'm going to be a couch potato today.:D

a2grafix

Passed my annual Air Force physical fitness test Sunday morning about an hour after sunrise. It was mid 70s and moderate humidity when I did my sit-ups, push-ups and required 1.5 mile run. I ran a half marathon last weekend so the run came easy, but it was for time and points on a 100-point scale. Finished it in 12:40, tried to go faster but the heat was not nice. Just had to go out on a fast steady pace.

Coolest part was the 1.5 mile loop. It was around five C-17s on the flightline. How about that? I run a half marathon through Disneyland last weekend and follow it up with a run around big military cargo aircraft.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Completed my 2nd Tough Mudder today. The course was much flatter than last year, but to make up for it, TM added designated stations to do pushups, lunges, bear crawl, etc. Made a boring flat course a little bit more fun.

I'm not nearly as banged up as I was last year, either. A couple scrapes and bruises. I had a major calf cramp about mile 9, while I was trying to scale a wall. It bugged me the rest of the race, but I completed every obstacle successfully.

imagination30

well .. lets start off with I retired my first pair of asic running shoes today as I bought my second Pair .. this time lime green , but they are now gt 2000 , since they discounted the 21000 series.. , but after I got home went for a test run with mom to a local park did 2.67 with a pace of 13.27 and mile pace of 4:45..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom