What did you do?

GoofyRacer11

This morning I ran 10 miles outside in the metroparks by my house. This was the first time in 5 months since I've ran outside around here. Hopefully the weather starts to stay this way. I don't think I'll have a problem with running outside rather then doing it on the treadmill. My first official race for the season will be the Cleveland half in May. This will be my cousin's first half so I'll be sticking with her the entire race. After that I'm looking at the halfs in Akron, Towpath, Columbus and the Dopey next year!

LindsayLoves

This morning 5 rounds of Yasso 800s at the track. The north side of the track was not only still fully shaded by the Triboro bridge but it also had a nasty headwind the entire time I was there.

OMG... I didnt read the last sentence (lesson learned). I "liked" you mileage and time. Then got distracted. Dang I hate that. Did the driver stop?I bet... but I want to take it slightly slower, and cant overshadow the Tri's in the summer.

I did the exact same thing.

Texas84

4 easy miles this morning then some yard work. Mowed and fertilized the lawn and planted some azaleas. I think winter is finally over down here.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles tonight. Started raining on me around mile 3. With wet shorts, body glide would have been optimal to reverse the effects of that.

Damn.

bethram

7.2 miles on the bike in my neighborhood this morning. I think something is wrong with my foot and I'm trying to take it easy before my race on Sunday. I've got two races a week apart, my body isn't allowed to start falling apart now.

Kristia

7 miles yesterday. Was pretty slow since I was weighed down a bit by a large Easter dinner on Saturday but we got it done. We have the Broad Street 10 miler in a month and I really want to best my time from last year.

JillC LI

8 miles Sunday morning. Felt like I was dragging for most of it but was surprised that I'd kept a 10:06 pace.

5 miles tonight. Started raining on me around mile 3. With wet shorts, body glide would have been optimal to reverse the effects of that.

Damn.

Ugh. I ran out of it on Thursday and thought I had another tube in the cabinet, but when I checked, I did not, and I freaked out! I had to make a special trip to the sporting goods store on Friday to pick some up before my weekend run. Ain't no way I'm ever gonan run again without it! Hurts too much in the shower afterwards.

joel_maxwell

8 miles Sunday morning. Felt like I was dragging for most of it but was surprised that I'd kept a 10:06 pace.

Ugh. I ran out of it on Thursday and thought I had another tube in the cabinet, but when I checked, I did not, and I freaked out! I had to make a special trip to the sporting goods store on Friday to pick some up before my weekend run. Ain't no way I'm ever gonan run again without it! Hurts too much in the shower afterwards.
Yep. I always have about 2 weeks in the spring when Im not condition to automatically put it on. I need to put this in the "What to Wear" chart. Anything above 55, wear Body Glide.

Nice miles.

Phonedave

Saturday I found every hill in this town, and also defied the laws of physics by running uphill the entire time on a closed loop. Or at least it felt that way.

I moved here a little over a year ago. I still don't know all the side streets and nothing here is on a grid - all twisty, windy, dead ends, etc. I go out and run with an idea of a route in mind and wherever it goes, that's the adventure. 6 miles, some on sidewalks, some on busy streets with no shoulders and a guardrail, some on a State Highway (yeah, that was a smart turn to make). Two dead birds and a dead cat later I was back home. It feels good to be back out there after a hiatius.

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
23 miles.

Speedwork on asphalt. I do not belong on asphalt. I need mud and trails.

Busted ANOTHER water bladder. I typicallyuse bottles converted with an insulated hose but this bladder was military grade bust proof...but it wasn't Storm Trooper proof.

joel_maxwell

23 miles.

Speedwork on asphalt. I do not belong on asphalt. I need mud and trails.

Busted ANOTHER water bladder. I typicallyuse bottles converted with an insulated hose but this bladder was military grade bust proof...but it wasn't Storm Trooper proof.
Saw the conversion on FB... and the pressurized bladders. The Source tactical dont have to be pressurized do they?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Saw the conversion on FB... and the pressurized bladders. The Source tactical dont have to be pressurized do they?
No no. The Source tactical are normal. The 'other one' we were discussing is pressurized via a bulb, so the water sprayed s you don't have to suck on a bite valve. I don't care for it when Ive used it. But other ultra folks like it at mile 82 when their brains no longer work. I think it's just another thing to fail.

Speaking of brains not working: i remember at mile 75 ish or maybe low 80s I had put a label on something for me to take, some pill or amino acid or something, and I looked at it and I just didn't know what to do with it. The label read, "Swallow me with water a-----e, now" and it still didn't register. Ah, mile 82...

joel_maxwell

No no. The Source tactical are normal. The 'other one' we were discussing is pressurized via a bulb, so the water sprayed s you don't have to suck on a bite valve. I don't care for it when Ive used it. But other ultra folks like it at mile 82 when their brains no longer work. I think it's just another thing to fail.

Speaking of brains not working: i remember at mile 75 ish or maybe low 80s I had put a label on something for me to take, some pill or amino acid or something, and I looked at it and I just didn't know what to do with it. The label read, "Swallow me with water a-----e, now" and it still didn't register. Ah, mile 82...
That is when you wish you had a GoPro or a film crew... doing a documentary.

fmingo36

That sounds like one insane race! Good job on keeping most of your body intact! :) That second pic is beautiful. Hard to believe there are spots like that in Jersey since all I ever see is flat. I keep thinking that Dan and I need to take a trip up that way sometime. Good job!
Yes--yes you do. :D

dreamfinder

Hope everyone had a nice Easter weekend. Ended up doing a decent 6m on the TM Sat. Sun was supposed to be a 12miler, but ended up running up an old ski hill with the dog. We went thinking it would be clear (our town was) but who knew that 12 minutes away they would still have 6+ inches of snow on the trails. Oh well, seemed like a good idea at the time.

joel_maxwell

3 miles last night and burned it up. Very fast run. I was frustrated, irritated and just plan not happy.

Worked it out. Kids up all night with nightmares and cutting teeth. Missed the gym this morning. (See the tail end of the sentence above... it applies to this morning again)

EDIT: My routine is so off today, I walked out without my phone. No music, no text, no music.... did I mention no music today. Errr.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Started Insanity today after wrapping up my last round of P90X2. Lot of leg work in this, so will be interesting to see if it helps my runs.

Texas84

Moved up to Power 90 3-4 last night and I'm feeling the extra circuit squats and push-ups. Feels good. Doing the 3-4 cardio tonight. I'm a little skeered.

Signed up for another 10K Saturday.

If you're flying to the Double Dumbo, Southwest has some decent fares right now. Just booked my flight back from Vegas to ATL, $190.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom