What did you do?

bethram

3.7 easy miles this morning at 8:41 pace. It was hard to get out of bed again today, but it's the last time I have to get up at 3:45am for a week and a half. I love Spring Break!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Lite cycled this morning and weights. The leg strengthening has begun with weight training. 360 days out. LOL

Swimming in the am. The pool is 82 degrees right now in exposed 32 degree weather. There was NO swimmers there this morning. Wonder if Ill be the only one there tomorrow. Talked t the guard on duty and she was sitting in the locker room until someone came. Should have kept that bubble on a few more weeks.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 something miles yesterday.

23 miles today.

Weather has been great, and the trails have been nice and muddy.

Getting my Crew Notes together for my pacers for the 500, and slowly stocking up supplies and gear.

56 days until hell...

joel_maxwell

Im excited that I am branching out in my hydration supply. I have always been a belt guy, but I have sparked an interest in a vest. After talking to the vest expert, @Donald Duck , I am going to test drive his old Solomon vest.

Just really nice of him to let me do this. Much appreciated and I thought it deserved props.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Im excited that I am branching out in my hydration supply. I have always been a belt guy, but I have sparked an interest in a vest. After talking to the vest expert, @Donald Duck , I am going to test drive his old Solomon vest.

Just really nice of him to let me do this. Much appreciated and I thought it deserved props.
No problem dude. After all our conversations, i know you got the ultra-bug. Welcome to the dark side...

joel_maxwell

No problem dude. After all our conversations, i know you got the ultra-bug. Welcome to the dark side...
Glad to be here. Now I just have to put in the year long work to get my legs ready for it. They better be able to handle it. 11 months and counting.

Work started yesterday!

joel_maxwell

33 laps - 1 Mile today in the pool this am. Bubble is gone, it was 37 degrees out and there was only 1 other dedicated person out there in the pool. Usually all but 1 lane is open in the morning. Suck it people!

photo.JPG

imagination30

okay beautiful 45 degrees this morning , little breezey too , but none the less manged a 11. 28 run ..at a 9 :00 pace.. and on mile 10 hit a Gosh awful head wind ... that it felt like i was trying to run againest air.. lol , and I saw this Truck just plow a dog and kill it... , I slowed up bc i saw it was fixing to run into the road ... and it hit so hard it Made a thud , againest the grill of the truck

Blueliner

Not much regular training as of late, but I'm hoping to get back in the groove. The last race I did was the the last leg of the Mercedes Marathon Relay here in Birmingham (about 8.1 miles) in February. The day before, I had rolled my ankle coaching an indoor soccer practice, but it was a beautiful day for a race (and just the right temperature for my leg of the relay). The ankle hurt, but it was not as much of an issue as I thought.

Since then, it has been as much Insanity as my schedule has allowed (usually at night after the youngest kids go to bed). However, I am inspired by Joel's dedication to swimming, and I plan to work in some swimming and cycling starting on Monday.

I think I need the variety right now. The foot and ankle issues are recurring due to multiple prior injuries, and it makes running less fun for me than it used to be.

I will note, however, that we covered large distances on foot hustling around Sea World San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, Old town San Diego, Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios Hollywood, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, and San Francisco (Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown). It was a crazy fun family trip to California for spring break, thanks to saved up DVC points and Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points. I am thinking that I may need to do my first ever trip report for this one!

joel_maxwell

Not much regular training as of late, but I'm hoping to get back in the groove. The last race I did was the the last leg of the Mercedes Marathon Relay here in Birmingham (about 8.1 miles) in February. The day before, I had rolled my ankle coaching an indoor soccer practice, but it was a beautiful day for a race (and just the right temperature for my leg of the relay). The ankle hurt, but it was not as much of an issue as I thought.

Since then, it has been as much Insanity as my schedule has allowed (usually at night after the youngest kids go to bed). However, I am inspired by Joel's dedication to swimming, and I plan to work in some swimming and cycling starting on Monday.

I think I need the variety right now. The foot and ankle issues are recurring due to multiple prior injuries, and it makes running less fun for me than it used to be.

I will note, however, that we covered large distances on foot hustling around Sea World San Diego, the San Diego Zoo, Old town San Diego, Disneyland Park, Disney California Adventure, Universal Studios Hollywood, Henry Cowell Redwoods State Park, and San Francisco (Golden Gate Park, Fisherman's Wharf, Chinatown). It was a crazy fun family trip to California for spring break, thanks to saved up DVC points and Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards points. I am thinking that I may need to do my first ever trip report for this one!
Christopher! Glad to see you back in the forum.

I know you are aware of the benefits, but I cant tell you how much better a runner I am because of the swimming. I plan on continuing this at least once a week. After my Tri's, Im dropping the cycling (I hate it) and adding my leg strengthening.

I never thought Id enjoy swimming, but I truly do. Welcome back, and drop in more frequently. The Mercedes day was a nice weather day. Couldn't complain one bit.

JillC LI

okay beautiful 45 degrees this morning , little breezey too , but none the less manged a 11. 28 run ..at a 9 :00 pace.. and on mile 10 hit a Gosh awful head wind ... that it felt like i was trying to run againest air.. lol , and I saw this Truck just plow a dog and kill it... , I slowed up bc i saw it was fixing to run into the road ... and it hit so hard it Made a thud , againest the grill of the truck

Looking for an Unlike button. So sad. :(

joel_maxwell

OMG... I didnt read the last sentence (lesson learned). I "liked" you mileage and time. Then got distracted. Dang I hate that. Did the driver stop?
Get it brother! But I can get you there in 3-6 months if you want :D
I bet... but I want to take it slightly slower, and cant overshadow the Tri's in the summer.

Dont worry. I already have a "what have you done today to make yourself accomplish Russell Farms next year?" mode. ;)
"The Stick" and a vest are coming. Step 1. Change in my weight training. Step 2. Check.. and the book you suggested, ordering soon, Step 3. Then the hard work on the running path.

imagination30

OMG... I didnt read the last sentence (lesson learned). I "liked" you mileage and time. Then got distracted. Dang I hate that. Did the driver stop?I bet... but I want to take it slightly slower, and cant overshadow the Tri's in the summer.

Dont worry. I already have a "what have you done today to make yourself accomplish Russell Farms next year?" mode. ;)
"The Stick" and a vest are coming. Step 1. Change in my weight training. Step 2. Check.. and the book you suggested, ordering soon, Step 3. Then the hard work on the running path.

joel - i did see him pull in to the church parkinlot... and call i think he had to report it for his business... , but then i saw him pull away!~

bethram

Looking for an Unlike button. So sad. :(

What Jill said!

bethram

11 miles this morning, 48 degrees, very nice, but major foot pain. I hope it just needs to be adjusted and nothing more, I've got two races in the next couple weeks. I did manage to keep a 9:09 pace which really surprised me. Can't wait to go to the chiropractor this morning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom