What did you do?

JillC LI

4.4 miles last night. Started out with my iPod, and after a half a mile it suddenly and unexpectedly started to rain hard. Didn't want to destroy my iPod so I circled back home, slipped the iPod into my mail slot, and continued running, only for the sun to come out for the rest of the run. Ah well. Kept a 9:49 pace.

bethram

Power 90 Sculpt 3-4 this morning with some yard work. I finished planting bulbs and laying down mulch.

We ended up taking the kids and the bikes to a multipurpose park last night. DH and I took turns, I stayed with DS 5 riding on the sidewalks and DH went with DD 9 on the trails then we switched. Even with biking twice yesterday I'm not sore today.

bethram

7.45 miles on the bike this morning. I'm going to try running again on Friday at my parent's house and hope my foot doesn't bother me too much.

Texas84

Power 90 Sculpt 3-4 this morning with some yard work. I finished planting bulbs and laying down mulch.

We ended up taking the kids and the bikes to a multipurpose park last night. DH and I took turns, I stayed with DS 5 riding on the sidewalks and DH went with DD 9 on the trails then we switched. Even with biking twice yesterday I'm not sore today.

My Power 90 buddy. :D Yeah, did the 3-4 cardio for the first time yesterday. I was OK with the extra cardio but doubling the crunches was no fun. Couldn't do them all.

But I'm done for the week. Went to the dermotologist today and afterwards they said no exercise for 3 days. Nothing serious, just some precaution resulting in stitches. But they said I can do the 10K Saturday. You runners all need to visit your dermotologist at least once a year.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this morning. It was 49ish and I savored the last of the semi cool morning. Soon enough, Ill be running in the 5am hour with it already 70 degrees. Welcome to Alabama.

*Last week and this week I have been struggling with focus, drive and energy. Im not sick, I think my body just needs a break after months and months of high miles (by my standards), 1 marathon in February, 30 mile trail run 2 weeks ago and now Im staring at my Tri's coming up. 700 miles on my Hoka's as of 3 weeks ago since September'ish. Better put on my big boy pants and suck it up. Just had to get that out of my system.

Cycling tomorrow and weights.

Kristia

6.22 miles at an 8:56/mile pace, wind gusts in my face about 80% of the time which was made for an poor overall experience.
I hear you! This wind has been brutal here the past couple days! I only did 3 miles last night just under 11 min pace. Seemed like I was running into the wind the whole time. It was 17 degrees when I got up this morning. Where the H E double hockey sticks is spring already?! :mad: Hopefully today will be a bit better.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
5 miles this morning. It was 49ish and I savored the last of the semi cool morning. Soon enough, Ill be running in the 5am hour with it already 70 degrees. Welcome to Alabama.

*Last week and this week I have been struggling with focus, drive and energy. Im not sick, I think my body just needs a break after months and months of high miles (by my standards), 1 marathon in February, 30 mile trail run 2 weeks ago and now Im staring at my Tri's coming up. 700 miles on my Hoka's as of 3 weeks ago since September'ish. Better put on my big boy pants and suck it up. Just had to get that out of my system.

Cycling tomorrow and weights.
I'm going through the same thing as we had discussed. 20-30 miles, 5-6 days a week, since last October. I'm fried. I will be running with my friend and TAC teammate in a couple of weeks down in DC to change things up; speed. He's on the US 24 hour ultra championship team for 2013, which is in the Netherlands on May 11th. The elite 24 hour runners. He logged 139 miles at a 24 hour that I crewed him at, and killed the Umstead 100 in 14 hours. Dude is FAST.

LindsayLoves

I hear you! This wind has been brutal here the past couple days! I only did 3 miles last night just under 11 min pace. Seemed like I was running into the wind the whole time. It was 17 degrees when I got up this morning. Where the H E double hockey sticks is spring already?! :mad: Hopefully today will be a bit better.

I see 60 degrees on the 10 day extended forecast for next week - fingers crossed.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21 miles yesterday.

20+ something on Tuesday?

I haven't even been checking my watch, just hitting 'save.' I think during the 500 miler it just won't even matter. I'll just be checking the board to see what loop/mile I'm on every time I pass through, refill water, headlamp batteries, food and shuffle back up the mountain. If I make it to mile 450, then I can start 'racing...'

Crap, it's already next month...

joel_maxwell

I'm going through the same thing as we had discussed. 20-30 miles, 5-6 days a week, since last October. I'm fried. I will be running with my friend and TAC teammate in a couple of weeks down in DC to change things up; speed. He's on the US 24 hour ultra championship team for 2013, which is in the Netherlands on May 11th. The elite 24 hour runners. He logged 139 miles at a 24 hour that I crewed him at, and killed the Umstead 100 in 14 hours. Dude is FAST.
Im going to change things up this Saturday. Long run on the trails. No cement, with a new killer Salomon vest.
21 miles yesterday.

20+ something on Tuesday?

I haven't even been checking my watch, just hitting 'save.' I think during the 500 miler it just won't even matter. I'll just be checking the board to see what loop/mile I'm on every time I pass through, refill water, headlamp batteries, food and shuffle back up the mountain. If I make it to mile 450, then I can start 'racing...'

Crap, it's already next month...
One thing I learned during Lake Martin run 2 weeks ago, most of the 50 milers didnt start their watches till the first loop was complete. I was getting low battery warnings at 5:30:00 hours. I know my watch is 2 years old (Garmin 305), but Im not surprised the battery is starting to go. I think originally, it had a 10 hour battery life "active" tracking me. Maybe it was 10 hours just "on" and less than that for "active". Regardless, I learned that I never looked at my watch once during that event because I wasnt concerned about pace, I didnt care about distance and I didnt care what time it was. Might just leave it at home next time.

joel_maxwell

5 miles on the bike. I wanted more, but time in the weight room won. Weights next. Focused a lot on my Gluts and Quads.

Swimming tomorrow. Wish I could have swam this morning. It is raining outside and that is always fun.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Im going to change things up this Saturday. Long run on the trails. No cement, with a new killer Salomon vest.
One thing I learned during Lake Martin run 2 weeks ago, most of the 50 milers didnt start their watches till the first loop was complete. I was getting low battery warnings at 5:30:00 hours. I know my watch is 2 years old (Garmin 305), but Im not surprised the battery is starting to go. I think originally, it had a 10 hour battery life "active" tracking me. Maybe it was 10 hours just "on" and less than that for "active". Regardless, I learned that I never looked at my watch once during that event because I wasnt concerned about pace, I didnt care about distance and I didnt care what time it was. Might just leave it at home next time.
I like to keep it just to see the info afterwards. I never look at it anymore. At mile 70 I just don't care anymore. Mile 82 im preoccupied with trying to figure out how to kill myself to end the pain. I came very close to ripping it off and throwing it into the Earie canal at bob100 but my fogged brain couldnt figure out how to take it off lol

joel_maxwell

I like to keep it just to see the info afterwards. I never look at it anymore. At mile 70 I just don't care anymore. Mile 82 im preoccupied with trying to figure out how to kill myself to end the pain. I came very close to ripping it off and throwing it into the Earie canal at bob100 but my fogged brain couldnt figure out how to take it off lol
Only reason I do like in on trials is because it reminds me to eat on the 30, drink 4 oz's of water and on the 15/45 minute it cues me to drink sports drink.

Other than that, I know I killed a workout, so I dont need the stats, but I record them anyway. LOL

Kristia

3.22 miles at work today. Ran on dirt roads around our cranberry bogs. Everything is still underwater until 4/15 so the wind coming off the bogs was pretty strong. The roads were also very soft wet sand which made it extra tough. I think I need to do that more often. Much safer than running on the road alone as the farm is gated plus lots of cool wildlife to be seen. Good but tough run! Made for a very interesting Garmin map too! I am easily amused neat designs I have made while I run. :D

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/293274961

joel_maxwell

3.22 miles at work today. Ran on dirt roads around our cranberry bogs. Everything is still underwater until 4/15 so the wind coming off the bogs was pretty strong. The roads were also very soft wet sand which made it extra tough. I think I need to do that more often. Much safer than running on the road alone as the farm is gated plus lots of cool wildlife to be seen. Good but tough run! Made for a very interesting Garmin map too! I am easily amused neat designs I have made while I run. :D

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/293274961
Interesting farm. It looks like swimming laps in a pool going under the rope each lap.

joel_maxwell

Swimming this am. Lost count around or at 25+ laps I was such in a relaxed zone. Regardless, it was about a 45 minute workout. Laps dont matter sometimes.

Trails tomorrow. Probably about a 10 miler. Stalking USPS today with a package coming in from Donald Duck. Im starting to get butterflies liek I do when i know my package is "Out for Delivery"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom