What did you do?

AUPr8Hd

Wow, I've missed a lot of good runs from you folks. After Goofy, I decided to take off from running for a bit. I upped my CrossFit workouts to 5 days a week, including an Olympic lifting class.

Running started back this week. Low mileage. I'll begin incorporating speed work next week. Sights are set on a 10.5k early May, Peachtree 10k on July 4th, Wine & Dine in November and ending with Dopey next January.

bethram

5 miles this morning at 8:33 pace, first run since last Saturday. I taped my foot with KT Tape and didn't have any pain :) I was hoping it would be a little warmer than the 55 it was, but it's still better than the 30-40 I'm used to running in.

Phonedave

4 Miles last night. I FOUND SOME TRAILS!

I really have to start planning my runs. As it is right now, I know how many miles I want to do. I head out the door and go wherever the spirt moves me. If I am heading back and my milage is short I will run loops in a parking lot to make up the distance. But last night I ran up to this one park and while running the parking lot I noticed a trailhead marker. Oh, thats neat. So I bounced around in the woods for a while, and came out of the woods near where I entered but had to clamber over a 10 foot high pile of topsoil the township stores there in order to get back to the parking lot. Eh, it keeps me out of trouble.

-dave

Kristia

Interesting farm. It looks like swimming laps in a pool going under the rope each lap.
Its an ag research farm run by Rutgers University with a USDA contingent there. Each section is a seperate 1 acre cranberry bed. The bigger sections are either more cranberries or blueberries. It is a pretty interesting place to work.

Kristia

5 miles this morning at 8:33 pace, first run since last Saturday. I taped my foot with KT Tape and didn't have any pain :) I was hoping it would be a little warmer than the 55 it was, but it's still better than the 30-40 I'm used to running in.
Glad it worked for you!

fmingo36

Haven't put in any miles in a long time. My sneakers have cobwebs on them. :(
But I started doing some daily core work and yesterday got in an hour of pilates and yoga. Today got to celebrate Kristia's Goofy Challenge accomplishment by having lunch with her and her hubby Dan in Philly. Looking forward to running with her next month for the Color Me Rad 5K!

Phonedave

8 miles today. Found a new route where 90% of it does not involve almost being hit by cars. Also passes by a Quick Check (albeit at mile 3) where I can hydrate (I HATE runnning with water - if I am running 6 miles or less, I don't drink)

-dave

Kristia

Haven't put in any miles in a long time. My sneakers have cobwebs on them. :(
But I started doing some daily core work and yesterday got in an hour of pilates and yoga. Today got to celebrate Kristia's Goofy Challenge accomplishment by having lunch with her and her hubby Dan in Philly. Looking forward to running with her next month for the Color Me Rad 5K!
We had a great time! Your girls are so much fun and adorable too! We have to make it a point to get together more often. :)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10.10 miles on the Greenway trail today. The water was really flowing in the creek! I busted my ___ twice and the second time it was like a sniper hit me. Clipped my big toe on a root and it felt like my toenail shattered. Half my toenails has pooled blood under it and it swollen.

Oh well, Im drinking a Hoegaarden and things seem to be looking up.

Tested and approved the new pack Nick sent me on loan. I was having fun with my camera (no, this wasnt when I busted). Posting 2 pics in Scene from the Road (trail edition) in that thread.

imagination30

5 miles this afternoon , 2 weeks out till the country music half have to get a few more runs in before then.. hee..:), wasnt really feeling anything long today .. bc my legs have been kinda sore this week and it flt good to kinda work the soreness out..

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
5 miles this afternoon , 2 weeks out till the country music half have to get a few more runs in before then.. hee..:), wasnt really feeling anything long today .. bc my legs have been kinda sore this week and it flt good to kinda work the soreness out..
If I ever did CM Marathon again, I might only do the half. The rest of the full is 2 different out and backs and just not fun. Been there, done that. The first 13.1 was really fun and had some nice climbs.

Good luck in the event.

bethram

Gulf Coast Half Marathon at Pensacola Beach 1:58:49, 8:56 pace. It was my first race that I didn't have anyone at the start with me, it was kind of weird. It was a flat course but tough to me because it was roughly 25 degrees warmer than I'm used to for my morning runs. Luckily my mom and kids met me at the finish line :D

I'll post pictures of my medal later when I have a chance to upload them, right now it's time for a shower and then brunch!

Oh, and no foot pain! Yay for KT tape!

bethram

This was not the starting line, but it was the beginning and the end of the half:
IMG_0106.jpg

My kids and I after the race. DS is holding my mom's coffee so she could take the picture, it was not his :p
IMG_0107.jpg

The loot! I did not take a picture of the back of the medal, but there was more to it.
IMG_0115.jpg

I was 19th in my division and 339 overall, there were about 1600 racers. My time today beat the only other half marathon time by about 11 minutes. I finished the 2011 Princess Half in 2:10 and change.

fmingo36

This was not the starting line, but it was the beginning and the end of the half:
IMG_0106.jpg

My kids and I after the race. DS is holding my mom's coffee so she could take the picture, it was not his :p
IMG_0107.jpg

The loot! I did not take a picture of the back of the medal, but there was more to it.
IMG_0115.jpg

I was 19th in my division and 339 overall, there were about 1600 racers. My time today beat the only other half marathon time by about 11 minutes. I finished the 2011 Princess Half in 2:10 and change.

CONGRATS! Is the medal a bottle opener???

Kristia

8 miles today @11:22 pace. Kind of slow, but we weren't too worried about pace today. Just trying to build some miles before our 10 mile race in May.

a2grafix

Have been kind of quiet on the road since the last time I ran was Feb. 16. Needed a to take a break, and after my last road race, a 10K in 29-31F with a northerly headwind of 10-15 mph, was feeling pretty crappy afterward. Then I sprained my left ankle on some stairs while helping movers with my new bed, slipped on the bottom stair and felt some white hot tingling in my ankle. Recovered from the injury (bruised on both sides of my foot for the better part of a week) but still feel some discomfort just below the ankle bone. Might have strained a ligament, not too sure. On top of that I have been doing a mixture of TurboJam and P90X.

Anyway, fast forward to this week.

I got eight hours sleep in past two days while working 24.5 hours at the base and TV station. So what do I do? I enter myself in a 5K - after not running since Feb. 16 - and ran Race Judicata 5K in Downtown Memphis in a leisurely 32:11. Just wanted to see where I was, to see if I would stop, etc. Nope. It was a nice Saturday jog with 200 or so fellow runners. In fact I finished third in my age group and fifth overall in 40-49. Yeah, seems about right. Right? Did not know what my official time for about a half hour after the run and just before the awards ceremony.

902344_10151512499167708_1437906626_o.jpg

Will likely run some more just to start running on a regular basis and start training for the 2013 Disneyland Half, which is Labor Day weekend. So, you will see me posting more frequently. Training for Disneyland Half starts end of April.

Funniest or coolest thing was seeing a younger runner in a business suit and a headband finish the 5K in about 22 minutes. Lawyered.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom