What did you do?

fmingo36

You are all the best! I wish we could have done dinner after, but next time. And you're dad's great!

Dinner would have been great but like we said..another time. Thanks again for letting us drop in on you guys (all 5 of us!)

After I showed you the McN500 elevation profile and Alison saw your jaw drop, later that night she says, "let me see that, should I be EXTRA worried??" Her eyes almost popped out. She just covered her face and shook her head, wondering if she'll have a husband left after that run :D

Sorry to make Alison worry any more than she already is. :(

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Dinner would have been great but like we said..another time. Thanks again for letting us drop in on you guys (all 5 of us!)

Sorry to make Alison worry any more than she already is. :(

Haha! No it's all good. She knows what a freak body I have, and it thrives on pain and torture. During one of my high mileage months, and just destroying myself, I got anual bloodwork and physical done at my doc's...he says I'm Superman and can't believe my body can take the punishment I put it through. When I don't run, I start feeling sick and run down. #freak

GoofyRacer11

Ran 16 miles on the Treadmill this morning. Even though my legs were still sore, I pushed myself anyways cause I needed to get this run in. I'm kind of like Donald Duck in that I don't feel as well when I can't run on a regular basis. I wish I could have done my run outside, but unfortunately my Raynaud's syndrome has started to kick in already and I don't have the adequate gear to combat it. Looks like I need to go shopping.

imagination30

just got in from a beautiful run of 6.22 @ a 10.09 pace.. -- mile 4 , my knee started acting funky.. so now i have ice on... , but i have a 5k next monday!... so that should be fun!

a2grafix

Nice after sunset / early evening run at around 50 degrees. Let me feet and eyes direct me. Ended up going someplace I never ran through before. Kept going and ended up running just about 5.5 miles along deserted dark industrial roads with my reflective gear on (reflective Air Force physical fitness jacket) for about 55 minutes. First time out since Thursday's 4 miler Turkey Trot.

Nice night for a run.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Ran 16 miles on the Treadmill this morning. Even though my legs were still sore, I pushed myself anyways cause I needed to get this run in. I'm kind of like Donald Duck in that I don't feel as well when I can't run on a regular basis. I wish I could have done my run outside, but unfortunately my Raynaud's syndrome has started to kick in already and I don't have the adequate gear to combat it. Looks like I need to go shopping.
!) Holy cow. How is this even possible. 16 miles in one spot. I admire your desire to get that run in regardless.

2) I googled this since I didnt know what it was. Wow, that is very interesting. With the discoloration, is there any physical pain?

JillC LI

Ran 16 miles on the Treadmill this morning.

Argh! More power to ya!

Nick, so sorry to hear about the state of the Boardwalk by you.

M&M, that Big Dog Trail Run sounded really tough - good job pulling out 10 miles. Hope the ankle feels better.

Joel, glad to hear the breathing during swimming has clicked.

As for me, 3 miles on Saturday - out and back course. Thought I was flying going out, and then I discovered why on the back - wicked wind! Doing 4 more later today.

joel_maxwell

Argh! More power to ya!

Nick, so sorry to hear about the state of the Boardwalk by you.

M&M, that Big Dog Trail Run sounded really tough - good job pulling out 10 miles. Hope the ankle feels better.

Joel, glad to hear the breathing during swimming has clicked.

As for me, 3 miles on Saturday - out and back course. Thought I was flying going out, and then I discovered why on the back - wicked wind! Doing 4 more later today.
Is the whole boardwalk destroyed? I have only seent he initial pictures from the media sources.

Thanks Jill. Now I just have to continue to get my arms and shoulders in incredible shape to be able to last. Towards the end of my workout, I start looking like a drowning runner because they are so fatigued. The I use the Nick approach. That is when i strap on the training paddles to my hands and do a little more since they are like having a dinner plate strapped on. Very weird and tough. Makes you work on form and strength.

Mickey&Minnie

Ankle is feeling good and ready to go for tonights run. I have decided to really push thru decembers training with some much higher miles but not over doing it.
The official times for the trail run were posted. I finished in 2:34:03. I was so proud of my friend who pushed thru the 20 miles and completed it in 5:50:24. She said that she finished her first 10 miles in 2:21 so her second half must have really taken it out of her. Glad she didn't give up. Second person I am super proud of after looking at the results is a stranger to me. He is a 77 year old man from IL you stuck it out and completed the 50K in 10:04:51. When I grow up I want to be just like him.

Hope everyone has a great run today!!!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ miles this morning.

It feels like I have had a never-ending to-do list for the past 4 weeks. So frustrating, I can't even focus on my runs.

30+ miles on the trails tomorrow. Maybe even a river dive afterwards :D

Run hard.

Mr mom

full workout and 15.8 miles today.. Noticed all the comments on trail running, i used to hike when I was younger but never ran trails, I would think the injury risk is much higher

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
full workout and 15.8 miles today.. Noticed all the comments on trail running, i used to hike when I was younger but never ran trails, I would think the injury risk is much higher

Injury risk higher: YUP! and sign me up!
McN500 mile: possible- death, coyote and black bear attacks, snapped ankles, concussions, drowning, broken bones, trench-foot, hypothermia, ticks, poison ivy, snakes, sleep deprivation, vomiting, bushwhacking, picker bushes AND, I have to run for 500 miles with 1200 ft of climb in just the first mile alone :D

LindsayLoves

Happy Birthday to all the members (Nick and Jill) who recently had a birthday! I did not run anywhere near my age on my birthday on Saturday and here's why...

I've been dealing with this pesky left ITB issue. It was off after a 17 mile run two weekends back so I eased off to rest/roll and had a GREAT run last week, the last three miles of which was super painful but I was on a such a high I didn't care I just kept going at a quick pace. The next day I couldn't make it to the subway to go to work my knee was so screwed up. :mad:

Just gave it a go today and no dice. Is it weird if I bring a foam roller to work? :rolleyes: I think that might be the plan because I run either before or after work and getting some therapy in during the day could be helpful. Stretching is great but nothing bets the roller.

Ran 16 miles on the Treadmill this morning.
Holy smokes!

joel_maxwell

20+ miles this morning.

It feels like I have had a never-ending to-do list for the past 4 weeks. So frustrating, I can't even focus on my runs.

30+ miles on the trails tomorrow. Maybe even a river dive afterwards :D

Run hard.
I want a text with a pic of what you are about to dive in. Respectably. Not to ensure you did it, I just want to look at how "cold" it looks from the pic and what it actually it. Besides, a lot of our creeks etc are very snakey down here. Gotta be careful.
Nice mileage.

Yes, someone ripped their ACL up pretty good at Ruffner this year. All it takes is a second of lack of focus. Ask Nick, it is more mentally draining than physical (at times).
Injury risk higher: YUP! and sign me up!
McN500 mile: possible- death, coyote and black bear attacks, snapped ankles, concussions, drowning, broken bones, trench-foot, hypothermia, ticks, poison ivy, snakes, sleep deprivation, vomiting, bushwhacking, picker bushes AND, I have to run for 500 miles with 1200 ft of climb in just the first mile alone :D
The bolded are the scariest and most exciting to experience.... from what Ive heard. ;)
Happy Birthday to all the members (Nick and Jill) who recently had a birthday! I did not run anywhere near my age on my birthday on Saturday and here's why...

I've been dealing with this pesky left ITB issue. It was off after a 17 mile run two weekends back so I eased off to rest/roll and had a GREAT run last week, the last three miles of which was super painful but I was on a such a high I didn't care I just kept going at a quick pace. The next day I couldn't make it to the subway to go to work my knee was so screwed up. :mad:

Just gave it a go today and no dice. Is it weird if I bring a foam roller to work? :rolleyes: I think that might be the plan because I run either before or after work and getting some therapy in during the day could be helpful. Stretching is great but nothing bets the roller.

Holy smokes!
Dedication. Love it. Foam roller to work.

After a long week of my workouts, on Sunday my IT band area that I injured last February still gets a little sore. It isnt the IT band, I think it is the cartilage around it. It feels like a sprain or twisted knee. Stretching helps, and a cup of suck it up juice.

GoofyRacer11

!) Holy cow. How is this even possible. 16 miles in one spot. I admire your desire to get that run in regardless.

2) I googled this since I didnt know what it was. Wow, that is very interesting. With the discoloration, is there any physical pain?

Thanks! Last year I did 18 miles on the treadmill a couple weeks before the marathon. I'm in training and I'm not going to let the weather stop me. I've never had any physical pain, but my feet and hands get really discolored and feel numb. I have tried many types of gloves to try and combat this so I can run outside and my current pair work decent, but with how cold it has been the past couple days, I didn't want to risk it. This makes it kind of difficult to gauge hypothermia.

joel_maxwell

Thanks! Last year I did 18 miles on the treadmill a couple weeks before the marathon. I'm in training and I'm not going to let the weather stop me. I've never had any physical pain, but my feet and hands get really discolored and feel numb. I have tried many types of gloves to try and combat this so I can run outside and my current pair work decent, but with how cold it has been the past couple days, I didn't want to risk it. This makes it kind of difficult to gauge hypothermia.
And drink fluids. Numb hands = trouble trying to squeeze a bottle. That happened to me once on a run that was about 20 degrees out. It was 5:20ish am so the sun wasnt up to help warm me up. I couldnt grab my water pod. I was off my fluids schedule that day for sure, at least until the sun rose.

Hey, maybe Santa will bring you some really nice gloves.

Mickey&Minnie

6.5 miles today on the treadmill followed by zumba. Think I am about to give up my rumba until after the marathon because I need to focus on my training and the jumping up and down was killing my calves tonight after my run. I can only imagine how it will feel after I increase my mileage on the same night.

CP_alum08

Quick 5 mile run to start to break in some new shoes today.

Short tangent - I committed to the Wine and Dine half a few months ago and that was the first time I've ever really been a "runner". in these short few months I've really grown to love it but today was my first time running since the half (I "lost" my shoes, work, thanksgiving, and various other things have kept me from running). it was my first time running without a goal, no specific distance or pace I was trying to meet, and it was awesome! I'm really excited to keep running just for the sake of running and see how far I can push myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom