What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
2 miles on the TM with some integrated speed work. Tummy wasn't feeling all that great today so afterwards I hopped on the bike and got lost in a tv show (Intervention, lol) and the next thing I knew I had biked my way through 19 miles.
Dang. Nice job. I might need to start paying attention to the TV's at the gym. However, I hate reading CC.

Mickey&Minnie

Dang. Nice job. I might need to start paying attention to the TV's at the gym. However, I hate reading CC.

I used to hate reading CC too but funny thing is now I can hardly stand to hear the voices on House Hunters now when I am at home so prefer watching it with CC. Maybe you will get used to it too or you could listen with headphones.

Witchy Chick

Rough two weeks after Sandy.

Back to full ultra training next week

325 miles, 6 days...

Best of luck to you!!

Hang in there Nick.

As for me, 4 miles this morning. 9:49 pace. Felt relatively easy. Still jumping over some downed trees on my runs.

"Leaping downed trees in a single bound.........It's Running Jill!!!" :D

15 miles today. This was the first time I exceeded 31.1 miles and every week untill the WDW marathon will be a new distance record for me. My feet are feeling great in my new shoes too.

Very nice!!!

I had planned on running 13 this morning. Stayed up too late, had a glass of wine (a big one) after a rough day, and Rivers (1.5 years old) was up twice in the night. So, I woke up and got mad at myself for the wine thing and ran 14.5 instead. I added 2 big hills and pulled around 1,000 vertical feet elevation and 1,000 descent. Last 2 miles I kicked it down to around a 8 minute pace and then to a 7 minute pace the last mile. Great morning.

I know how that is......wine + kids waking in the middle of the night. My sleep schedule is so messed up, I am waking (on my own) at 4:30am. UGH.

This was a lake I get to run around when entering this neighborhood. It is about 1 mile around the edge of the lake. This is what I texted Nick with a good morning. This was mile 6 or 7 of 14.5View attachment 28289

That is beeeee-you-tiful!!!

I haven't done anything since W&D. I caught a bug going around the office and I'll probably miss my first weekend long run in 3 years. Not happy.

I've had a cold for a week or so now. Kids are sick now, so life s*cks in our household right now.

Finished the 15k in 1:04:30, which is a 7:00/mile pace. My first mile was 6:30, which isn't my fastest mile ever, but it's pretty good. My legs weren't in the best possible shape. They were still sore from CrossFit on Friday. Being able to still finish that fast makes me wonder how fast I could have done it if they felt good. With my warmup and cool down, I ended up running 14 miles today.

Very nice!!

20 miles for me this morning! Felt pretty good till the last two miles. They were tough! I looked back to our 20 mile split for the 2011 marathon. In 2011, we ran 20 miles in 4:51. Today we ran it in 4:13. Totally stoked about that!

Impressive!!!

Our Dazzle Dash on Saturday was fun. Prior to the start, there were tents/canopies set up for food vendors. We got some Qdoba chips/cheese, and some yummy chili from Wegman's. (It's all about the food with me. ;)) There was also a tent distributing bottled water, and another with glow necklaces. I got necklaces for me and Rob and thought "what the heck?" and grabbed two more to take home to the kids. The Dash itself was a little disorganized. We had to park at the mall parking lot and walk (about a half-mile) to the start of the run. The run was cool -- I stopped a lot to get some pictures. LOL At the "end" of the run, there was a sign for "lap 2." We're not sure if we did the full 1.4 miles that was advertised or only half that. It was kind of confusing.

JillC LI

"Leaping downed trees in a single bound.........It's Running Jill!!!" :D

Our Dazzle Dash on Saturday was fun. Prior to the start, there were tents/canopies set up for food vendors. We got some Qdoba chips/cheese, and some yummy chili from Wegman's. (It's all about the food with me. ;)) There was also a tent distributing bottled water, and another with glow necklaces. I got necklaces for me and Rob and thought "what the heck?" and grabbed two more to take home to the kids. The Dash itself was a little disorganized. We had to park at the mall parking lot and walk (about a half-mile) to the start of the run. The run was cool -- I stopped a lot to get some pictures. LOL At the "end" of the run, there was a sign for "lap 2." We're not sure if we did the full 1.4 miles that was advertised or only half that. It was kind of confusing.

LOL. Next tme I'll wear a cape!

The DD sounds fun albeit a bit disorganized. However far you ran, it sounds like you had fun.

joel_maxwell

@Witchy Chick Yep, my internal alarm is about 5... and I look at the alarm and say, "Hot damn, 30 more minutes"

Ill try and take another great shot this weekend. Should be clear for a great sunrise. There is incredible fall foliage right now.

Mr mom

Wow, everyone is doing great, 20 miles Kristia is awesome and I know Nick will have his pace up again soon, Joel seems to be continuing to plug away at it which is good... I know i missed a few folks, good job to one and all.
As for myself I took last week off to rest my body as I had been going at it hard and my job is quite physical too, I could feel the strain on my body from all the weights and running, so to avoid a nasty injury I rested myself and it killed me to do it. Back on track this week though but due to being busy with a series of meetings some of my runs this week are bound to be less than i want. Yesterday was 13.2 and today was 6.4. Tomorrow will most likely be another 6.4 because I have an early meeting that will likely last 12 to 14 hours or more, ugh.

dreamfinder

Today was speed work. Warm up, 2 x1600@6:31, 2x800@3:08, all with 60 sec RI then cool down. Felt good to be getting back into the stride of things.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, or at least kicks butt in their local turkey trot!

joel_maxwell

Wow, everyone is doing great, 20 miles Kristia is awesome and I know Nick will have his pace up again soon, Joel seems to be continuing to plug away at it which is good... I know i missed a few folks, good job to one and all.
As for myself I took last week off to rest my body as I had been going at it hard and my job is quite physical too, I could feel the strain on my body from all the weights and running, so to avoid a nasty injury I rested myself and it killed me to do it. Back on track this week though but due to being busy with a series of meetings some of my runs this week are bound to be less than i want. Yesterday was 13.2 and today was 6.4. Tomorrow will most likely be another 6.4 because I have an early meeting that will likely last 12 to 14 hours or more, ugh.
Way to listen to your body and be smart. Very nice.
Tonight I got in 8.5 miles on the bike (knee & hip don't seem to bother me as much on the bike) and 1 hr. of yoga/pilate.
That is great. That is funny though, the bike hurts my knee and makes it sore. It was sore last night after really cranking down on a 7 mile ride on the trainer.

You always bring that 1 hr of yoga though. Nice work!
Today was speed work. Warm up, 2 x1600@6:31, 2x800@3:08, all with 60 sec RI then cool down. Felt good to be getting back into the stride of things.

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving, or at least kicks butt in their local turkey trot!
Nice speed work.

I wish we had a local turkey trot. I wish we had a local half or full turkey trot.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ everday. Such low mileage!

32 miles for my birthday run tomorrow: 1 mile for every year :D

Time to run before I start cooking...Happy Gobble Day ...says the vegetarian.

Gobble.

Mr mom

Hope you guys have a good thanksgiving south of the border, ours was last month. 9 miles and abs yesterday and 6.4 miles today and a full workout.. I also spent 2 hours with christmas lights as I started that again, I'd rather be running,lol

a2grafix

Not too bad. 39:43 in the Shelby Farms Park 4-miler Turkey Trot in Memphis. Very nice morning for the run, mid-50s, but had to weave through a lot of walkers and strollers. Reminded me of the Tower of Tower 10-miler with me weaving in and out from left to right to avoid walkers. No stagger start. I was about 4 minutes behind in the last of the runners / walkers so my fault and had to pay for the weaving.

Good turnout of a shade over 2,500 on Turkey Day. About a 9:56 split. If I would have started closer to the starting line, could have shaved a minute off my time. Still satisfied since I only ran 2 previous times (Nov. 10-11) after the Tower 10 miler.

Side note, I'm still a northern runner. Funny to see a lot of Memphians running in mid-50s with gloves, winter caps, track suits, and I was in my Tower 10 miler shirt and shorts. The sun was beating down and within a half mile I started to break a sweat. Still, not complaining, just an observation. In 2011 the Turkey Trot 5K in Toledo it was cloudy, foggy, with a head wind and 37 degrees. Not complaining.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Mad Stitch

Ran the Cleveland Turkey Trot 5 miler today in 47:52. Lots of walkers, inexperienced runners, strollers and dogs; but it’s expected in this kind of race. Happy Thanksgiving fellow runners.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom