What did you do?

JillC LI

Kind of bummed--One of the only things I had on my list for Christmas this year was the registration fee for the Princess 1/2 Marathon. My hubby went to register me this weekend and it was SOLD OUT. No Princess Bling for me. :(

Bummer. That's how I felt when I got shut out of the Hershey Half. I do hope some spots open up like others have said is possible.

I notice you used "k's" you a canuck too

That's funny. I always use miles when tracking my training in my running journal. But every single time I have a 3 mile run on the calendar, I ALWAYS tag on an extra tenth of a mile so I can write down that I ran 5K instead of a "mere" 3 miles. LOL. Weird, huh.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!

So, can I be your kid for a week? Man, I would love it if someone surprised me with a Disney trip!!! You are going to get the "Parent's of the Year" award!

And my vote is yes-4 miles twice this week can equal 44. As long as next March I can run 4 & 3 miles in a week to match my age.;)

Definitely!

WOW... Happy Birthday Jill. I cant wait till my kids are a bit older to pull a surprise like that. I could right now, but Im typically so excited about 12 months out, I start talking about it then. LOL. Have a great trip.

You have no idea how brutally hard it has been to keep this secret considering I booked the trip a year and a half ago! Our kids are sharp enough to pick up on any slip of the tongue, and they are nosy enough to be eavesdropping on conversations between me and the hubby when we don't know it, so we have barely discussed it at home at all. We have told no family and friends except my mom because we don't want anyone to slip. I didn't even tell my boss I needed the time off from work until recently, and I hesitated to tell him why in case I had to bring a sick kid to work one day! The kids think we are not returning to FL until a cousin's Bar Mitzvah in March 2014, and they have resigned themselves to the thought of no WDW until then. In fact, just the other day, DS was showing my hubby the Disney queue wait app on his smartphone and said "But I can't use this app too often because it makes me too sad that I have to wait so long to return." I could barely look at my hubby at that moment! They are going to FREAK OUT next Saturday night when they open what they think will be one measly joint Hanukah present and find a certificate inside saying "Pack your bags....in 4 days we are leaving for....Disney World!" I simply can't wait!!!!!!

Oh, and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :) I had a fun evening of celebrating with the family.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You have no idea how brutally hard it has been to keep this secret considering I booked the trip a year and a half ago! Our kids are sharp enough to pick up on any slip of the tongue, and they are nosy enough to be eavesdropping on conversations between me and the hubby when we don't know it, so we have barely discussed it at home at all. We have told no family and friends except my mom because we don't want anyone to slip. I didn't even tell my boss I needed the time off from work until recently, and I hesitated to tell him why in case I had to bring a sick kid to work one day! The kids think we are not returning to FL until a cousin's Bar Mitzvah in March 2014, and they have resigned themselves to the thought of no WDW until then. In fact, just the other day, DS was showing my hubby the Disney queue wait app on his smartphone and said "But I can't use this app too often because it makes me too sad that I have to wait so long to return." I could barely look at my hubby at that moment! They are going to FREAK OUT next Saturday night when they open what they think will be one measly joint Hanukah present and find a certificate inside saying "Pack your bags....in 4 days we are leaving for....Disney World!" I simply can't wait!!!!!!

Oh, and thanks everyone for the birthday wishes. :) I had a fun evening of celebrating with the family.
I applaud your will to not tell them. My note would say, "Pack your bags, we are going to Disney World in 323 days! Woot Woot"

Hope you had a great Birthday. Im not too far behind you. 37 is right around the corner and I feel great. I have loved my 30's.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just under 25mi this morning on the trails. Tough mental run, but still got it done.

I might be running a 12 hour mountain ultra in March. Log as many miles as I can on a treacherous 13.1 mile course over rocky technical terrain, bushwhacking, and super steep hills.

Required gear: hydration pack/vest, water-proof headlamp, glow-sticks, and a full-body wetsuit with head cap...yeah, that's right, the course goes through a river, in March, and there is at least one part where we have to go through some underwater cavern/tunnel. Hell yes, drowning is a possibility!!

Also might do a 100 mile snow-shoe ultra in January after Goofy.

If the run is safe and short, then I'll pass :D

joel_maxwell

Just under 25mi this morning on the trails. Tough mental run, but still got it done.

I might be running a 12 hour mountain ultra in March. Log as many miles as I can on a treacherous 13.1 mile course over rocky technical terrain, bushwhacking, and super steep hills.

Required gear: hydration pack/vest, water-proof headlamp, glow-sticks, and a full-body wetsuit with head cap...yeah, that's right, the course goes through a river, in March, and there is at least one part where we have to go through some underwater cavern/tunnel. Hell yes, drowning is a possibility!!

Also might do a 100 mile snow-shoe ultra in January after Goofy.

If the run is safe and short, then I'll pass :D
Spelunking. Love it. I have done that in old mine shafts. Very dangerous and stupid.

Nick in snow shoes.... hmmmm, better get some spray paint, I dont think they make them in black. :D

So, one can assume that a road race of any distance under a 21K is forbidden. Sounds good to me too.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
For those I'm not connected to on FB: This was a 4 1/2 hour trail run last week, climbing a steep-a__ hill filled with picker bushes :D
IMG_1454.JPG

dreamfinder

Tues was cross training on the bike, today was speed work. 3x(2x1200 in 4:47 w/2min RI) w/4min RI. Ended up essentially taking 2 mins off my 10k PR (don't do that distance often) even though 1/3 of the run was just a jog. Damn that last rep was tough.

joel_maxwell

I found them in black. Oh, yes I did.
Notice I didnt challenge you in finding them. That would be like throwing my money away. Very nice.

I also like your wedding band stays on... or is that tape conveniently on your ring finger. I have to take mine off when I run, swim, sleep and work on my shop.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Notice I didnt challenge you in finding them. That would be like throwing my money away. Very nice.

I also like your wedding band stays on... or is that tape conveniently on your ring finger. I have to take mine off when I run, swim, sleep and work on my shop.

The wedding band ALWAYS stays on. I actually made it myself...being the artist and OCD guy that I am. I carved it from a medium-hard scultpture wax. I had my friend and artist whom I studied under for years, finish the wax work and add the venting sprews. Took it to a foundry in NYC and had it cast in palladium. It's engraved on the inside, 11 millimeters wide, exactly, and weighs a ton!

joel_maxwell

The wedding band ALWAYS stays on. I actually made it myself...being the artist and OCD guy that I am. I carved it from a medium-hard scultpture wax. I had my friend and artist whom I studied under for years, finish the wax work and add the venting sprews. Took it to a foundry in NYC and had it cast in palladium. It's engraved on the inside, 11 millimeters wide, exactly, and weighs a ton!
Very cool. If I had made mine, I wouldnt take it off either.

Mine is 8 wide and why my finger falls asleep at night. Creeps me out waking up with one dead finger.

Kristia

Yesterday did a short 3 miler. Haven't been able to touch my sub 10 min/mile on my last two runs. Ended up with a 10:25 pace on this run.

joel_maxwell

5.44 normal Thursday run. It was 32 and fabulous after the 1/2 mile mark. Love the cold (at least that is what i preach to myself and it really works mentally). I actually started liking it a year ago.

Swimming in the morning.

I DVR'd the Kona Ironman on TV a few nights ago. I watched half of it last night. It amazes me these athletes and their machine bodies. So much respect.

Witchy Chick

I hope you start feeling better. It stinks being sick while you are smack dab in the middle of training.
I am about to call in a minute to book the Dessert Party too. I tried to do it online but my login on the website keeps kicking me some dumb message. Oh well I guess I am about to talk to some nice Disney travel agent. :)

Thanks!! I'm feeling back-to-normal today -- getting some TM action in tonight. Did you book the Dessert Party?

Welcome back! Glad you could run outdoors - it's so much better than the TM (a necessary evil).

Our Disney trip is 16 days away! In five days we get the share the surprise with the kids for Hanukah - I'm busting at the seams about it!!!

So, does it count if I do two 4 mile runs this week and put them side by side ("44") to indicate that I've run the age I turned today? ;)

I haven't done too much outdoor running. It's A LOT different than TM running. I get winded a lot more quickly. I need more outdoor practice before the 5K in January!!

And happy belated!! I've been busy at work the past couple days and haven't been checking in.

Yum! I have to try that dessert party some day. We are 44 days out too!

Happy Birthday! 16 days...that's awesome! Like Witchy Chick, we are 44 days away! Can't wait!

Too cool that we're on the same countdown schedule. I am sooooo excited for this trip!!

Kind of bummed--One of the only things I had on my list for Christmas this year was the registration fee for the Princess 1/2 Marathon. My hubby went to register me this weekend and it was SOLD OUT. No Princess Bling for me. :(

Oh no!!!! Hopefully some spots open up closer to the race. Keep checking!!

You have no idea how brutally hard it has been to keep this secret considering I booked the trip a year and a half ago!

I'm having a hard time keeping the Dessert Party a surprise (from only my DH and only for 40-some days). I can't imagine keeping a whole trip a surprise for this long. Kudos!! I can't wait to hear the "reveal" story and how excited your kids are once they find out. :)

JillC LI

Required gear: hydration pack/vest, water-proof headlamp, glow-sticks, and a full-body wetsuit with head cap...yeah, that's right, the course goes through a river, in March, and there is at least one part where we have to go through some underwater cavern/tunnel. Hell yes, drowning is a possibility!! :D

I think you enjoy scaring the begeesus out of your poor wife!

I applaud your will to not tell them. My note would say, "Pack your bags, we are going to Disney World in 323 days! Woot Woot"

Hope you had a great Birthday. Im not too far behind you. 37 is right around the corner and I feel great. I have loved my 30's.

LOL very funny. Yep, 30s were great and 40s are as well! I just keep getting stronger and more fit!

I'm impressed how you guys sleep and/or workout with your wedding bands on. I take my rings off both at night (unless I'm sleeping in a hotel room) and to work out.

As for me, 4 miles this morning on the TM. Increasing pace for decreasing distances.

Mr mom

Welcome back! Glad you could run outdoors - it's so much better than the TM (a necessary evil).

Our Disney trip is 16 days away! In five days we get the share the surprise with the kids for Hanukah - I'm busting at the seams about it!!!

So, does it count if I do two 4 mile runs this week and put them side by side ("44") to indicate that I've run the age I turned today? ;)

Works for me, I'll soon be 45, can't see me running that many miles, maybe I'll get Nick to do it for me. It took me a while to do outdoor running after the treadmill but it was very rewarding to be able to switch and the TM is so boring. Happy early Hanukah, I'm sure your kids will explode at the news. I have been told it is a great time of the year to be at the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom