What did you do?

Mr mom

And drink fluids. Numb hands = trouble trying to squeeze a bottle. That happened to me once on a run that was about 20 degrees out. It was 5:20ish am so the sun wasnt up to help warm me up. I couldnt grab my water pod. I was off my fluids schedule that day for sure, at least until the sun rose.

Hey, maybe Santa will bring you some really nice gloves.

Gloves and if you can find them where you are, heat packs, they activate in the air and last for a few hours, I use them during the feb weather. 21.2 today, starting to get nippy

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
6.5 miles today on the treadmill followed by zumba. Think I am about to give up my rumba until after the marathon because I need to focus on my training and the jumping up and down was killing my calves tonight after my run. I can only imagine how it will feel after I increase my mileage on the same night.
I dont know if I would do that. I thought that adding a cycling day, 2 weight lifting days (1 day for upper body, 1 day for legs) and a day of swimming while maintaining a full schedule was going to kill me and my running. It has been completely opposite. My full schedule actually calls for a medium to low distance right now, but I have been doing much more.

If you stick with it, and get through that 2 weeks of "this is killing me and I dont have energy" you will build that threshold and it will benefit you in the end. It sure has benefited me to cross train. I have done 2 fulls in the last 18 months and this is the best I have ever felt. 6 out of 7 days I bring it.

Just food for thought.

Mickey&Minnie

I dont know if I would do that. I thought that adding a cycling day, 2 weight lifting days (1 day for upper body, 1 day for legs) and a day of swimming while maintaining a full schedule was going to kill me and my running. It has been completely opposite. My full schedule actually calls for a medium to low distance right now, but I have been doing much more.

If you stick with it, and get through that 2 weeks of "this is killing me and I dont have energy" you will build that threshold and it will benefit you in the end. It sure has benefited me to cross train. I have done 2 fulls in the last 18 months and this is the best I have ever felt. 6 out of 7 days I bring it.

Just food for thought.

Ok I'll try it out. Thanks for the advice. I guess mostly I am worried about injury, but I am pretty good at listening to my body.

Witchy Chick

Hi all!!! I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving!!

We were away for the weekend, but I did manage to get a run in – outside!! The weather was gorgeous (for late-November in the mid-Atlantic) so I did a 2 mile outside run on Friday morning. I haven’t been feeling great the past couple days, but hope to get some TM running in tomorrow night.

And in other "Disney" news, it’s 44 days until our trip!! And, this morning, I booked the Tomorrowland Dessert Party for our final night in Disney for DH’s 40th birthday surprise. :D :cool:

Mickey&Minnie

We were away for the weekend, but I did manage to get a run in – outside!! The weather was gorgeous (for late-November in the mid-Atlantic) so I did a 2 mile outside run on Friday morning. I haven’t been feeling great the past couple days, but hope to get some TM running in tomorrow night.

And in other "Disney" news, it’s 44 days until our trip!! And, this morning, I booked the Tomorrowland Dessert Party for our final night in Disney for DH’s 40th birthday surprise. :D :cool:

I hope you start feeling better. It stinks being sick while you are smack dab in the middle of training.
I am about to call in a minute to book the Dessert Party too. I tried to do it online but my login on the website keeps kicking me some dumb message. Oh well I guess I am about to talk to some nice Disney travel agent. :)

JillC LI

Welcome back! Glad you could run outdoors - it's so much better than the TM (a necessary evil).

Our Disney trip is 16 days away! In five days we get the share the surprise with the kids for Hanukah - I'm busting at the seams about it!!!

So, does it count if I do two 4 mile runs this week and put them side by side ("44") to indicate that I've run the age I turned today? ;)

Kristia

Yum! I have to try that dessert party some day. We are 44 days out too!

Welcome back! Glad you could run outdoors - it's so much better than the TM (a necessary evil).

Our Disney trip is 16 days away! In five days we get the share the surprise with the kids for Hanukah - I'm busting at the seams about it!!!

So, does it count if I do two 4 mile runs this week and put them side by side ("44") to indicate that I've run the age I turned today? ;)
Happy Birthday! 16 days...that's awesome! Like Witchy Chick, we are 44 days away! Can't wait!

fmingo36

4.5 miles on the bike followed by an 1hr of yoga/pilates tonight.

Kind of bummed--One of the only things I had on my list for Christmas this year was the registration fee for the Princess 1/2 Marathon. My hubby went to register me this weekend and it was SOLD OUT. No Princess Bling for me. :(

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Kind of bummed--One of the only things I had on my list for Christmas this year was the registration fee for the Princess 1/2 Marathon. My hubby went to register me this weekend and it was SOLD OUT. No Princess Bling for me. :(

#unlike

Well, you could always just run some trails with moi...:D

Kristia

That stinks. :( Keep an eye open. Maybe they will open more spots. I think they opened more before the Wine and Dine.

Ariel484

That stinks. :( Keep an eye open. Maybe they will open more spots. I think they opened more before the Wine and Dine.
They just opened slots for the Tinkerbell Half, which was sold out. You never know! :)

Mr mom

15.2 miles today plus abs, mid week is always a killer for me, I had to push hard to get this one in, gonna make the next one that much harder but no pain no gain.

fmingo36

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JILL!!!

So, can I be your kid for a week? Man, I would love it if someone surprised me with a Disney trip!!! You are going to get the "Parent's of the Year" award!

And my vote is yes-4 miles twice this week can equal 44. As long as next March I can run 4 & 3 miles in a week to match my age.;)

joel_maxwell

WOW... Happy Birthday Jill. I cant wait till my kids are a bit older to pull a surprise like that. I could right now, but Im typically so excited about 12 months out, I start talking about it then. LOL. Have a great trip.

#unlike! Man that sucks. Id get on that waiting list. Hopefully there will be some.

joel_maxwell

4.25 miles this morning. Funny thing, I looked back at my Wednesday runs which are always the exact route (4.25 or 4.24 miles). Looking at my finishing times for the last 4 weeks is 37:10, 37:01, 37:07 and 37:04. How about that for consistency.

Now, my Thursday 5.5 miles runs range and vary by 2 minutes. Weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom