What did you do?

Kristia

Very important. The husband horse at the barn we are at is 16.5 hands tall. I wont ride a whimpy horse. They have a female Clydesdale too. She looks like Merida's (Brave) horse.... at least that is what Isabeau (my 4 year old daughter) thinks. :)
Hahaha! That made me laugh! That's why we have a freaking Clydesdale. My husband is tall and says he looks stupid on smaller horses. Mine is 16.2 hands which is not small! Dan's clydesdale just hit 17 hands and he is worried he is done growing. The horse's father was 18 hands. I have heard they grow up till they are 4 years and out till they are 6. Our Clyde is 4 years now.

Kristia

I didn't know you guys rode. I'm jealous! I rode in college and competed as an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate level rider on the collegiate circuit. Such fun! I really miss it. No horse of my own and no where to ride regularly. :(
I have ridden ever since I was a little kid. My parents had a couple horses when I was growing up. No formal lessons, just hop on and ride. I did 4H and competed in the gaming stuff like barrel racing and polebending. I started taking dressage lessons a couple years ago. Hopefully I will compete again at some point. I would have loved to compete in college but my college did not have equestrian teams! It is tough to find somewhere to ride if you don't have a horse. Insurance is too expensive these days! If you are ever in Jersey let me know! ;)

GoofyRacer11

Yesterday was my last day of Insanity and it was a amazing feeling knowing that I completed the entire program. Now I'm looking towards the Asylum workouts. Today I am doing an hour of lifting weights and the Core Cardio and Balance DVD to help my body get ready for its next challenge. Hope everyone is doing well!

Later Days!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I didn't know you guys rode. I'm jealous! I rode in college and competed as an Advanced Beginner/Intermediate level rider on the collegiate circuit. Such fun! I really miss it. No horse of my own and no where to ride regularly. :(
Easy Tiger... Sam rides, Im just along for the ride (pun intended). :p Maybe one day ill really get into it. As for now, I like going up to the barn, loving on the horses, feeding them.... not lucky enough to ride regularly like Sam.

WOW. I didnt know you competed. That is really neat.
Hahaha! That made me laugh! That's why we have a freaking Clydesdale. My husband is tall and says he looks stupid on smaller horses. Mine is 16.2 hands which is not small! Dan's clydesdale just hit 17 hands and he is worried he is done growing. The horse's father was 18 hands. I have heard they grow up till they are 4 years and out till they are 6. Our Clyde is 4 years now.
18 hands... wow.
Yesterday was my last day of Insanity and it was a amazing feeling knowing that I completed the entire program. Now I'm looking towards the Asylum workouts. Today I am doing an hour of lifting weights and the Core Cardio and Balance DVD to help my body get ready for its next challenge. Hope everyone is doing well!

Later Days!
Nice job finishing. I know that feeling.

Kristia

Easy Tiger... Sam rides, Im just along for the ride (pun intended). :p Maybe one day ill really get into it. As for now, I like going up to the barn, loving on the horses, feeding them.... not lucky enough to ride regularly like Sam.
Haha...Ask my husband, that's how it starts.

dreamfinder

5k this am, but at my marathon pace, not 5k pace. Felt ok, but still not 100%.

All this horse talk is a bit of a bummer. The horse my DW had been taking learning to ride on died over the weekend. : ( She has been taking it rough.

Ariel484

Yesterday - strength training and yoga (instructor decided to focus on the shoulders/chest...and I have what feels like zero flexibility in my shoulders...so I'm feeling it today).

Weird run this morning. I just wasn't feeling it, so I thought a change of scenery would help and tried the outdoor track here at work (it's on top of the parking garage). 8 laps = 1 mile...BOOOOORING. I made it 1.5 miles before I decided I couldn't take it anymore. Did a lap around the rec center building, which was okay, just so humid! That brought me to 2.2 miles, and then I found myself back on the treadmill to finally complete my 3 miles. I think my total time was 29:30ish. Just a super short attention span today. :confused: Bleh.

Kristia

5k this am, but at my marathon pace, not 5k pace. Felt ok, but still not 100%.

All this horse talk is a bit of a bummer. The horse my DW had been taking learning to ride on died over the weekend. : ( She has been taking it rough.
Awwww....tell her I am so sorry. That is really rough and unfortunately I know all to well what she is going through :(

Witchy Chick

Well, Sunday was my scheduled night to run -- but I ate wayyyyyy too much dinner at my Mom's house and felt bloated and awful. :( So, I bumped Sunday's run to last night. 2.1 miles on the TM in 32 mins. 14:49 pace. 3 mins of that was cool-down walk at the end.

Knee is still wonky -- but not when I run. Odd. Well that's for the doc to figure out/fix when I have my physical on Thurs.

Oh -- and my DH decided to test his leg over the weekend with a "short" run. He had planned on a mile or so, and ran 2.5 instead. Hopefully he doesn't re-injure his leg pushing too hard too quickly. :eek:

Witchy

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
30 miler got cut short to 21 miles due to a horrible pain in my right hip. I turned around at mile 10.5 and the pain started making me queasy around mile 14.

Icing now. Rolling and stretching after work.

Coryna- thanks for crewing! Any time you can put in on the mountain will be nothing short of awsome. Now, if we can just get Joel's a$$ to crew / pace!

fmingo36

30 miler got cut short to 21 miles due to a horrible pain in my right hip. I turned around at mile 10.5 and the pain started making me queasy around mile 14.

Icing now. Rolling and stretching after work.

Coryna- thanks for crewing! Any time you can put in on the mountain will be nothing short of awsome. Now, if we can just get Joel's a$$ to crew / pace!

Don't "like" that you were in pain. I "liked" that I'll be able to crew and hopefull get Joel to join us.

JillC LI

WOW. I didnt know you competed. That is really neat.

Yeah, but like I said, just at the Advanced Beginner/Intermediate level. But the ribbons they gave out at the Horse Shows were gorgeous - gigantic and beautiful. The hardest thing for me was finding riding boots that fit over my apparently hugely muscular calves! LOL. My calves loook pretty look normal to me, but I had to shop around like crazy to find a pair that fit.

Just under 25 miles this morning.

OFFICIALLY registered for McNaughton 500 mile!

S#@t, this is gonna hurt...ALOT.

Run hard folks, run hard.

500 miles over how many days?
Hope that hip feels better.

So sorry to hear that. I hope she is able to continue her lessons.

As for me and running, 4 miles this morning outdoors at 10:11 min pace on very little sleep. Didn't want to get up for it. Didn't enjoy it one bit. But glad I got it done. Now I can get the mashed potatoes at Boston market with my kids tonight before my son's LAX clinic. lol

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
500 miles over how many days?
Hope that hip feels better.

The 500 is NOT a staged race, which means, we run it straight through with no specific checkpoints that we are required to stop at...which means this is freakin' HARD.
We have to pace ourselves and plan on our own when we stop to sleep for a couple of hours or eat. Being an ultra though, we will def help each other out mentally. So far, the four from this year are returning, me and 2 new folks.
I will attempt to do this 7-8 days, running 100k or more a day. The official cut off is 10 days, running 50 miles a day. And this is in the mountains. And the course is designed to break you. Many areas are not even trail, just bush-whacking. There is a river crossing, technical terrain, steep inclines, switchbacks, etc...basically, this ain't gonna be a turkey-trot!

JillC LI

The 500 is NOT a staged race, which means, we run it straight through with no specific checkpoints that we are required to stop at...which means this is freakin' HARD.
We have to pace ourselves and plan on our own when we stop to sleep for a couple of hours or eat. Being an ultra though, we will def help each other out mentally. So far, the four from this year are returning, me and 2 new folks.
I will attempt to do this 7-8 days, running 100k or more a day. The official cut off is 10 days, running 50 miles a day. And this is in the mountains. And the course is designed to break you. Many areas are not even trail, just bush-whacking. There is a river crossing, technical terrain, steep inclines, switchbacks, etc...basically, this ain't gonna be a turkey-trot!

Holy c**p!
Looking forward to following it all on your thread.

Kristia

Sounds beyond intense! Can't wait to follow along!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom