What did you do?

fmingo36

Knowing that darn bunny is making his way this weekend with a basket full of chocolate and that I'm making a 5 hr car ride to NH tomorrow, I made sure that I got a workout in this morning.
3 miles on the treadmill, 1 hour with weights, and 1 hour of pilates/yoga.
Take that marshmallow Peeps! :slurp:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Sounding good! I think I have that 'cloud' feeling in my right knee. Doesn't hurt. Just something there. I'm fine when I run. I'm going to ask my doc about it next month.

Mater is awesome!
I wonder if it is scare tissue?

Thanks. I get nervous driving him sometimes. He is so old, a bit if rust and Id hate to be that guy stalled out at the stop light. :lookaroun

Here's something you won't catch me posting on facebook:

My wife talked me into getting a pedicure today. She told me how much they help her feet when she is adding mileage. I told her to add me the next time she added an appointment - today was that day.

It was awesome.

The lady that did it spent extra time working the pressure points on my arches and ankles, which alleviated all the tension out of them. When we told her that we were going to start training for the full in January, she told us that she would help keep any eye on any problems we may have.

Basically, it was a 45-minute foot massage that had the added component of having my toenails trimmed properly.
That sounds nice. Not bad and I applaud you for admitting that. :lol:

Not a bad run this morning, around an 8:50 pace but I was chased by two neighborhood dogs. One them crashed into me, thankfully he didn't bite! He nearly knocked me over though, I don't think I weigh much more than he did. I saw my life flash before my eyes. :lol:
Wow. That happens to me at times. Scares the ____ out of me too. I had a pack of feral dogs follow me for about a mile. I think they decided I wasnt enough meat to bother with.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21.01 miles out on technical trails this morning. Lots of dirt, rocks, tree roots, steep inclines and declines, ankle-twister turns, etc...

Felt damn good being off of pavement and back where I belong; like an animal in the woods :D

IBU 50 miler and Dirty German 50 miler approaching soon.

Back on for Beast of Burden 100 miler in August. Schedule won't allow for Virgil Crest 100 mile.

Have a great weekend folks, and cheers!

Texas84

I wonder if it is scare tissue?

Probably. I'm sure I'll have to get it scoped sometime in the future. But it doesn't bother me when I run. Right now it's just a morning thing and it's there if I sit too long.

30-minute tempo run today. I really, REALLY did not want to run, but I'm glad I got my butt out the door. :D

Yep, sometimes the hardest part is getting out the door. But I don't have to tell anyone here that. :D

10.5K today. I decided right before the race I was only going to take a walk break at the two water stops. Weather was PERFECT, 47F at start. The 1.75K on the golf course cart path was a nice touch. Was sub-10 minute pace for 3 miles then hit some hills coming back and ended up 1:04 with my Garmin reading 6.27 miles. New PR! Got to beat that hour mark! :D

joel_maxwell

What did I do? This week, we sold our house and bought a new one. If inspection goes through, a new adventure begins. ALL NEW neighborhoods to explore while running. I just cant wait. It is going to be so fun.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
What did I do? This week, we sold our house and bought a new one. If inspection goes through, a new adventure begins. ALL NEW neighborhoods to explore while running. I just cant wait. It is going to be so fun.

Nice! Congrats! I remember buying our current house, which is on the very edge of town and thinking how close I was to so many great running routes.

fmingo36

CONGRATS! :sohappy:
I've had my house on the market for two and a half years! It's so frustrating.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Also, I got my wife and I Fitbits for Easter. For those of you who don't know what they are, they are basically a pedometer with a ton of technology inside. They track miles walked, steps taken, floors climbed. You can use the mobile/online site to put in what you've eaten, earn badges for accomplishments done, track your weight.

You can also compete with you friends on an online leaderboard to see who can do the most steps/miles/floors.

It'll also track your sleep patterns, telling you how long it took you to fall asleep, how many times you woke up, and for how long, and total amount of time actually asleep overnight.

Check out this site for more...I'd love to see more people using this:

http://www.fitbit.com/product

joel_maxwell

Nice! Congrats! I remember buying our current house, which is on the very edge of town and thinking how close I was to so many great running routes.
There is a lot of trails out there too. Im excited.

Oh.. and Hills! :sohappy:

CONGRATS! :sohappy:
I've had my house on the market for two and a half years! It's so frustrating.
This is our 3rd attempt. Im so nervous for inspection. It is this Wednesday. :eek:

joel_maxwell

3 miles Sunday. walk/run/walk continues with less walking.

It is amazing how quick you lose your cardio, stamina and all those stabilizer muscles. Im so sore right now in those secondary muscles. BUT, Ill take it!

Blueliner

We visited the grandparents at their house on the Alabama River this weekend. Saturday, I paddled around in the kayak for a while, had a rousing game of pickle on the front lawn with the my kids, and then did a 4 mile run (where the ratio of cars to armadillos was 1:1).

Sunday was more kayaking, more pickle, and eating food I shouldn't.

JillC LI

I rearranged my running swag display space today. It went from a tiny little corner to a whole wall.

It looks beautiful.

Here's something you won't catch me posting on facebook:

My wife talked me into getting a pedicure today. She told me how much they help her feet when she is adding mileage. I told her to add me the next time she added an appointment - today was that day.

It was awesome.

It takes a true man to admit that. :D

30-minute tempo run today. I really, REALLY did not want to run, but I'm glad I got my butt out the door. :D

Those are the ones you are most proud of yourself for finishing afterwards!

So glad your knee is feeling better to hopefully take advantage of those new trails.

As for me, 7 miles Sunday morning - needed to work off lots of macaroons. Got home just in time to receive a call from my son telling me to rush over to the paddle ball courts where he was with my husband and daughter because "Daddy fell while running for a shot and he's bleeding all over the place!" We wound up spending the afternoon in Emergency Care getting gravel scraped out of wounds all over him. I'm still now quite sure how he got injured in as many places as he did (the kids said he flew through the air, skidded and rolled), but thankfully, nothing is broken. I told him that the moral of the story is, "Next time let your son win the shot!"

GoofyRacer11

I did 5 miles if HIIT training yesterday and
am going to do an hour of weights tonight
after I get home from school. My first race of the
season is about 1 1/2 weeks away and I'm ready
to start racing again. Hope everyone had a nice Easter
and is doing well with their training.

Later Days!

joel_maxwell

3 miles this am. Ran about 2.5 of it. Just walked the very steep hill that I cross twice (up and then down).

Very encouraging.

Happy Tuesday

Ariel484

Yep, sometimes the hardest part is getting out the door. But I don't have to tell anyone here that. :D

Yes, you're preaching to the choir. :dazzle:

Congrats! Good luck with the inspection...I was a nervous wreck when ours was going on.

Those are the ones you are most proud of yourself for finishing afterwards!

As for me, 7 miles Sunday morning - needed to work off lots of macaroons. Got home just in time to receive a call from my son telling me to rush over to the paddle ball courts where he was with my husband and daughter because "Daddy fell while running for a shot and he's bleeding all over the place!" We wound up spending the afternoon in Emergency Care getting gravel scraped out of wounds all over him. I'm still now quite sure how he got injured in as many places as he did (the kids said he flew through the air, skidded and rolled), but thankfully, nothing is broken. I told him that the moral of the story is, "Next time let your son win the shot!"

Yes, it was quite rewarding!

YIKES about your husband...:eek: How's he holding up?!

3 miles this am. Ran about 2.5 of it. Just walked the very steep hill that I cross twice (up and then down).

Very encouraging.

Happy Tuesday

Awesome!! :sohappy: You're getting there!

Sunday - 10k run, and I did a horrible job pacing myself. My first few miles ranged from 9:40 - 10:00 pace (the ones under 10 min/mile were much faster than I meant to go), and then I completely ran out of gas on the last mile (10:51...ouch). :dazzle: Overall pace was 10:07 though, which is pretty good for me!

This morning - speedwork. Woot.

joel_maxwell

Awesome!! :sohappy: You're getting there!

Sunday - 10k run, and I did a horrible job pacing myself. My first few miles ranged from 9:40 - 10:00 pace (the ones under 10 min/mile were much faster than I meant to go), and then I completely ran out of gas on the last mile (10:51...ouch). :dazzle: Overall pace was 10:07 though, which is pretty good for me!

This morning - speedwork. Woot.
It is a little bitter sweet that if we do move, Ill most likely never run these old routes anymore with i loved dearly. Im up for the new adventure and exploring, but, there is something about being able to shut down mentally into a daze because you know the route so well and just meditate.

Thats ok. It happens to all of us. It took me 2 years to finally pace myself properly and trust my instincts. I ran too fast in the first half for the longest time. With experience, you'll master it, unless you already have and just had a bad day.

Ariel484

It is a little bitter sweet that if we do move, Ill most likely never run these old routes anymore with i loved dearly. Im up for the new adventure and exploring, but, there is something about being able to shut down mentally into a daze because you know the route so well and just meditate.

Thats ok. It happens to all of us. It took me 2 years to finally pace myself properly and trust my instincts. I ran too fast in the first half for the longest time. With experience, you'll master it, unless you already have and just had a bad day.

You'll find new routes that you love. :)

Thanks...I think it's going to take awhile. I've lost about 25 pounds since Christmas and my pace has dropped as a result of that and, I think, training for the WDW marathon last fall. I used to run about 11-12 minute miles, and lately it's been more like 10-10:30. I was hoping to do that 10k at about a 10:30 pace and, like I said, it ended up at 10:07. :shrug: Really good problem to have though...I'm thrilled that I've gotten a bit faster. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom