What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
2 miles this morning of my walk/run/walk. I did a lot of work on my '64 C-10 Sunday morning. A lot of squatting. So, I could tell my knee was a little tight this morning and decided that Id cut it from 3 to 2.

Everything still feels good. Tuesday is my last day of the heavy anti-inflammatory so Im holding my breath.

JillC LI

So, 3 miles this morning. Incredible to be a little back to normal. Pace = snails. :D

Also known as a fmingo36 pace :lol:

I was just about to write something along the same lines. :ROFLOL:

The yoga stalker thing is really weird. Think about a normal stalker situation, kind of obsessive and scary ...well my stalker is all about my aura and finding my inner balance. He comes up to me after every class to discuss this with me.

He always sets his mat up next to mine and if he gets to class before me, he'll move his mat when I get there.
I started getting to the class last minute so there is no space near me to move to.

I started carrying mace in my gym bag. :lol:

That really is creepy. Has he tried to speak to you?

As for me, the weather was so lovely on Sunday, and the kids were both at religious school, so I invited my hubby to pump up the tires in his bike and join me on my 8 mile run. When he joins me, I can do the very hilly route through the woods which is great but boy was I out of shape for all those hills! Interestingly, most of the hills are down first, then right back up (think valleys, not mountains) so I always try to race down them in the hopes that momentum will keep me moving all the way back up, but it always peters out before I get to the top. LOL

fmingo36

That really is creepy. Has he tried to speak to you?

All the time. If I'm just working out in the gym, he'll come up and start talking to me. And one time I was taking Power (free weights class) and he was in the class and in the middle of one of the songs, he came over and tried to adjust my hand position. I was very direct and told him he needed to get away from me.
And Jill, EVERY conversation I have with him, I mention "My husband....blah, blah, blah"

joel_maxwell

That is awesome!! I hope that the knee continues to cooperate. :)

8 miles for me this afternoon...I was hoping for an overall pace of 10:30, but it was more like 10:35. I'm good with that! :D
Sorry, I didnt see this till now, but thanks. My fingers are crossed.

All the time. If I'm just working out in the gym, he'll come up and start talking to me. And one time I was taking Power (free weights class) and he was in the class and in the middle of one of the songs, he came over and tried to adjust my hand position. I was very direct and told him he needed to get away from me.
And Jill, EVERY conversation I have with him, I mention "My husband....blah, blah, blah"
I think from now on, and with no disrespect to your husband, I think you should mention in all your conversations with him, "Have I mentioned Im gonna kick your ______ if you dont leave me alone!, Now, if you will excuse me, Im going home charge my taser gun."

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Wow. I think Chris needs to kick his a__ big time. If anyone even thought about laying a finger on Alison, they'd have one less finger.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Another 20+ miles this morning. I'm sore but s__________g it up and keeping up with my recovery drinks and water.

Dirty German 50 miler in May. Goal: 8 hours.

Cheers folks!

fmingo36

Wow. I think Chris needs to kick his a__ big time. If anyone even thought about laying a finger on Alison, they'd have one less finger.

It wouldn't take much to kick his a$$. He is very feminine which makes it even more creepy.
Honestly I think it started out because most of the people in my yoga class are older and limited to what they can do. Not bragging but I can get into more advance yoga positions and he had someone to talk to about yoga.
It's more needy than anything.

fmingo36

Sorry, I didnt see this till now, but thanks. My fingers are crossed.

I think from now on, and with no disrespect to your husband, I think you should mention in all your conversations with him, "Have I mentioned Im gonna kick your ______ if you dont leave me alone!, Now, if you will excuse me, Im going home charge my taser gun."

LOVE IT! I"ll try that next time!

Blueliner

2.5 miles this morning with a couple nasty hills thrown in for fun. Clear, relatively comfortable running weather at 6:30 a.m (mid 60's). Very nice.

joel_maxwell

I've been wondering that for the longest time. Every once in a while he'll post on FB, but not often. Maybe he's just lurking.
I can live with that, just wondering if he is ok.

2.5 miles this morning with a couple nasty hills thrown in for fun. Clear, relatively comfortable running weather at 6:30 a.m (mid 60's). Very nice.
Since you are a Bham resident, I think you might know of the nasty hill I love to run over in Crestwood. It is 58th street up over the mtn from Crestwood Blvd. Technically, from where my mile marker chimes and a new one starts below it, it is a mile long. Very steep. Love it.

So high you can see both runways on the airport. When Im running in the dark mornings, Ill look over and see a flight taking off. Very cool.

fmingo36

BTW, random... but where is PhoneDave?

He announced recently on FB that he got engaged. May he's busy with wedding planning.
I am guessing that he hasn't been lurking on this board lately because I am sure he would have contributed to Nick's 100 Mile ultra thread if he was aware of it.

JillC LI

Ugh. I'm sure you're like me and you don't like to be rude, but maybe you could say something direct such as, "I really like to focus on my workouts at the gym, so I would appreciate it if you didn't speak with me. I don't come here to make friends. Sorry."

As for me, easy 4.25 mile run last night.

joel_maxwell

He announced recently on FB that he got engaged. May he's busy with wedding planning.
I am guessing that he hasn't been lurking on this board lately because I am sure he would have contributed to Nick's 100 Mile ultra thread if he was aware of it.
Ah, good for Dave. No FB for me right now during lent, so i might have missed that. :D

joel_maxwell

3 miles this morning. I am still on my walk/run/walk but the ratio is getting more towards 50/50. Just letting my leg ease into it. No need to rush into preparation for a September event.

It was a perfect morning too. I got up, watched the ISS fly over as I stretched. The went and exercised. :D

Blueliner

Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit this morning. As is usual after these Insanity workouts, I left about 24 ounces of sweat on the exercise mat and cannot lift my legs (which I consider to be a good thing :ROFLOL:).

I had a bad case of the Insanity sweats this morning, where I still was sweating 30 minutes after finishing the workout and after taking a shower, getting dressed for work, etc.

Texas84

3 miles this AM. OK training pace but I just don't feel it. I'm struggling. Taking two days off before the 10K Saturday.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ this morning.
20+ yesterday.
20+ Monday.

20+ means between 21 and 23 miles. I'm backed up on my running log since a week before the ultra, so I'm not sure of the exact number. I do know that i just about hit 6,000 miles from March2011-March 2012. Pretty good.

Registering for the Virgil Crest 100 mile in September instead of Beast of Burden 100. VC100 is harder, more technical terrain, out and back, and a UTMB qualifier-my dream race!

Cheers folks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom