What did you do?

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I mowed my lawn today.....but I have a big lawn, and it took me over 3 hours to cut it by hand.

I feel like I ran about 8 miles after that.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I have been crazy busy since the weekend and haven't been keeping up with things as much as I would like to. Today I did my longest walk/run since I started this whole thing a few weeks ago. My pace ended up being crappy (18:04) since I barely did any running. I tried a few times but I ended up in a lot of pain so I had to go back to walking. I have a lot of issues with my toes from being a dancer for 20 years. I've broken every single toe at least once and most never got a chance to heal correctly. As a result I sometimes get a lot of pain. Today was one of those days. My left big toe felt like it wasn't where it belonged and really hurt whenever I ran. :shrug: I also did a little time on the elliptical (I HATE that thing) and did a lot of core strength training. I hurt from one end to the other tonight but it is a good pain.

Ariel484

I have been crazy busy since the weekend and haven't been keeping up with things as much as I would like to. Today I did my longest walk/run since I started this whole thing a few weeks ago. My pace ended up being crappy (18:04) since I barely did any running. I tried a few times but I ended up in a lot of pain so I had to go back to walking. I have a lot of issues with my toes from being a dancer for 20 years. I've broken every single toe at least once and most never got a chance to heal correctly. As a result I sometimes get a lot of pain. Today was one of those days. My left big toe felt like it wasn't where it belonged and really hurt whenever I ran. :shrug: I also did a little time on the elliptical (I HATE that thing) and did a lot of core strength training. I hurt from one end to the other tonight but it is a good pain.

OUCH!! I wonder if a podiatrist visit would be helpful, or a visit with some kind of doctor that could recommend types of shoes to look for that would help with this?

Speedwork for me this morning that totaled up to about 3 miles. Great start to my day! :D

And for the record, I mowed our lawn on Tuesday. :lol:

Blueliner

This morning was 2.0 miles (with kind of dead legs from the plyometric stuff yesterday morning), followed by Insanity Cardio Abs.

Add me to the list of do it yourself yard workers. In fact, I even was a Lawn Ranger for one "season", having marched with Dave Barry at the 1995 Broom Corn Festival in Arcola, IL. (my best man's dad was the co-founder of the Lawn Rangers).

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawn_Rangers

fmingo36

Both of my girls in school this morning so I hit the pavement and got 5 miles in today at a 10:38 pace.
It was not an easy run. This is the first time I've done anything over 3 outside and my ankles and knees felt it almost immediately. I see a sneaker & in-soles shopping trip in the near future!
The worst part though was at about 2.5 miles my seasonal allergies kicked in and my eyes started to itch and tear up and I had a sneezing fit like never before. The sneezing fit took so much out of me. I had a hard time getting my heart rate down and my chest felt tight the rest of the run. Dang!
I finally get a run outside and I was completely miserable. :(

Took some Zyrtek and I'm off to the gym now--Core class!

JillC LI

I mowed my lawn today.....but I have a big lawn, and it took me over 3 hours to cut it by hand.

That must've been some pair of scissors! :lol:

Both of my girls in school this morning so I hit the pavement anf got 5 miles in today at a 10:38 pace.
It was not an easy run. This is the first time I've done anything over 3 outside and my ankles and knees felt it almost immediately. I see a sneaker & insole shopping trip in the near future!
The worst part though was at about 2.5 miles my seasonal allergies kicked in and my eyes started to itch and tear up and I had a sneezing fit like never before. The sneezing fit took so much out of me. I had a hard time getting my heart rate down and my chest felt tight the rest of the run. Dang!
I finally get a run outside and I was completely miserable. :(

Took some Zyrtek and I'm off to the gym now--Core class!

Seasonal allergies stink, especially when you want to be outdoors enjoying the Spring weather and beautiful flowers. My daughter gets it bad this time of year and often looks like a boxer who has gone several rounds and is swollen all around her eyes. Zyrtec and Zaditor drops twice a day give some relief.

As for me, 3.75 miles on the treadmill early this morning - middle two miles at 8:55 pace it it felt rather easy, surprisingly.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I love yard work! Nice job.

100% agree. and I think everyone should do their own laundry and clean their own homes. But that is just me.

Same here. Just about all of my neighbors have landscapers, dry-cleaning delivery, house cleaners...that's BS. You're home, your work.

20+ miles and then mowed and trimmed the lawn today.

Said screw it to the gass prices, and took my geared up cargo bike to work and errands all day.

Cheers folks!

Texas84

Reading the lawn comments: Maybe that's why I feel like C--- this week. After my Sunday 9-miler I cut the grass (not by hand), then pulled weeds for a few hours. Probably some mild heat fatique.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
That must've been some pair of scissors! :lol:

Ha! I just meant I don't have a riding mower, which most of my (Fat) neighbors do.

As far as doing yard/home stuff ourselves, I can't afford the luxury of having somebody else do it for me. I have my good suit drycleaned the 1 time of year I wear it, and that's about it.

I rearranged my running swag display space today. It went from a tiny little corner to a whole wall.

6903098932_c335b7fe3d_c.jpg

fmingo36

Ha! I just meant I don't have a riding mower, which most of my (Fat) neighbors do.

As far as doing yard/home stuff ourselves, I can't afford the luxury of having somebody else do it for me. I have my good suit drycleaned the 1 time of year I wear it, and that's about it.

I rearranged my running swag display space today. It went from a tiny little corner to a whole wall.

6903098932_c335b7fe3d_c.jpg

That looks great!
I have my medals hanging on my dresser mirror. I love getting up and seeing them. It gives me inspiration and pride every morning.
I love the way you framed your bibs and finishers certificate! May have to steal that idea. ;)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Same here. Just about all of my neighbors have landscapers, dry-cleaning delivery, house cleaners...that's BS. You're home, your work.

20+ miles and then mowed and trimmed the lawn today.

Said screw it to the gass prices, and took my geared up cargo bike to work and errands all day.

Cheers folks!
That is Awesome. My bike is getting tuned up right now. It is a '94 Rockhopper Ultra. At the time, in its day, it was a very nice bike. Still rolls, so im getting it tuned up.

With that said, my 4runner is sick. Bad ball joint on the driver side. Not safe to drive. So, it was a "Mater" day. My 1964 C10. :D You saved gas, and I ate it all up.

photo_small.jpg

Nice Job! Im getting mine out of the shoe box and doing something with them. Thanks for the inspiration.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
3 miles this am. Ran more again today with some walking up some of the real step inclines. So far so good. I have a little "cloudiness" feeling in the knee still. No pain. Just cloudy. Cant describe it. All smiles here.

I was running down the street and came on this hill that drop about 30-40 feet and 150 feet long. I walked it. At the top of the hill, I stopped and stretched, then started walking down it. The second I came up on the hill, before I walked, this woman who I had never met before was getting her paper, she smiled and said, "Good for you." :lookaroun I have no idea... I think she meant 'good for you ' that you are out running (generic), but I took it like she was saying 'good for you' that you were patient, rehabbed it and stubborn enough to get back on that horse and have goals. :lol:

Happy running everyone.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Here's something you won't catch me posting on facebook:

My wife talked me into getting a pedicure today. She told me how much they help her feet when she is adding mileage. I told her to add me the next time she added an appointment - today was that day.

It was awesome.

The lady that did it spent extra time working the pressure points on my arches and ankles, which alleviated all the tension out of them. When we told her that we were going to start training for the full in January, she told us that she would help keep any eye on any problems we may have.

Basically, it was a 45-minute foot massage that had the added component of having my toenails trimmed properly.

Texas84

3 miles this am. Ran more again today with some walking up some of the real step inclines. So far so good. I have a little "cloudiness" feeling in the knee still. No pain. Just cloudy. Cant describe it. All smiles here.

Sounding good! I think I have that 'cloud' feeling in my right knee. Doesn't hurt. Just something there. I'm fine when I run. I'm going to ask my doc about it next month.

Mater is awesome!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Not a bad run this morning, around an 8:50 pace but I was chased by two neighborhood dogs. One them crashed into me, thankfully he didn't bite! He nearly knocked me over though, I don't think I weigh much more than he did. I saw my life flash before my eyes. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom