What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.51 miles on technical trails this morning.

20.39 miles in 45mph winds yesterday.

Registering for Goofy Challenge once again, and adding the 5k because my wife wants to run as well...3 races back to back! I wish WDW would put on a WDW 100 miler :D

Cheers folks!

enchanted_belle

I'm so far behind... oops!

Last week, I started a new training program that will have me ready for a half marathon by the beginning of August... takes a beginning runner through the 5k, 10k, and then the half. So, to end off week one, me and a girlfriend did 2.65 miles run/walk at the park in 36 minutes. 1.1 of them running straight through.

Meaning I've officially (finally) ran my first full mile without stopping. I wasn't even allowed to stop for my inhaler, just had to take it while running. :lol:

Yesterday was a 35 minute cross training on the bike, and then tonight it's back to the park to do some interval work.

JillC LI

YIKES about your husband...:eek: How's he holding up?!

OK thanks. His worst abrasion was on his left elbow, and since he's a leftie, it's been painful to work on his dental patients, but he's hanging in there.

Registering for Goofy Challenge once again, and adding the 5k because my wife wants to run as well...3 races back to back! I wish WDW would put on a WDW 100 miler :D

Yes, but that 5K will feel like the walk from your bed to the bathroom for you! Good luck with that WDW 100 Miler petition!

Last week, I started a new training program that will have me ready for a half marathon by the beginning of August... takes a beginning runner through the 5k, 10k, and then the half. So, to end off week one, me and a girlfriend did 2.65 miles run/walk at the park in 36 minutes. 1.1 of them running straight through.

Meaning I've officially (finally) ran my first full mile without stopping. I wasn't even allowed to stop for my inhaler, just had to take it while running. :lol:

Congrats on that first official non-stop mile! That's, pardon the pun, a major milestone! :lol:

As for me, interval training this morning of increasing distances at decreasing speed. 4 miles total. Next week I do the opposite - decreasing distances at increasing speeds. I find that one harder usually.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
OK thanks. His worst abrasion was on his left elbow, and since he's a leftie, it's been painful to work on his dental patients, but he's hanging in there.

Yes, but that 5K will feel like the walk from your bed to the bathroom for you! Good luck with that WDW 100

As for me, interval training this morning of increasing distances at decreasing speed. 4 miles total. Next week I do the opposite - decreasing distances at increasing speeds. I find that one harder usually.

Yeah, I think I'll just run the full course 4 times :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It's done! Registered for Goofy Challenge and the 5k for both my wife and myself. I don't think I'll gear up full ultra style for the 5k.

"5k??? Oh, I thought it said 5days..."

Cheers folks!

fmingo36

It's done! Registered for Goofy Challenge and the 5k for both my wife and myself. I don't think I'll gear up full ultra style for the 5k.

"5k??? Oh, I thought it said 5days..."

Cheers folks!

Oh, I think you should totally gear up for the 5K. I think that would be hysterical. And don't forget to do the 3.1 pushups at the end.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Oh, I think you should totally gear up for the 5K. I think that would be hysterical. And don't forget to do the 3.1 pushups at the end.

:ROFLOL:

Now I totally am!...with my large pin on my vest which reads:

"In Training: 2013 McNaughton 500 mile ultra"

And Coryna, you'll never guess what I changed my license plates to...

Texas84

I feel so lame posting after Nick, but this morning I did my first 3-miler ever without a walk break. Ended up about a minute slower than my record time. :D

Ariel484

I'm so far behind... oops!

Yesterday was a 35 minute cross training on the bike, and then tonight it's back to the park to do some interval work.

Woohoo! :sohappy: That is great! Do you have a fall half in mind or are you using this as a way to train for the 10-miler?

I feel so lame posting after Nick, but this morning I did my first 3-miler ever without a walk break. Ended up about a minute slower than my record time. :D

Doesn't matter when you post or who you post after, that is still a great accomplishment. :D Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom