What did you do?

Blueliner

Last night was 3 pretty humid miles between the end of my 4th grader's baseball game and the end of my 7th grader's lacrosse practice. I felt pretty like I was keeping a pretty good cadence powering up the hills, which was encouraging. Lots of great spring smells from all the plants that are blooming right now. Honeysuckle is my favorite.

enchanted_belle

Woohoo! :sohappy: That is great! Do you have a fall half in mind or are you using this as a way to train for the 10-miler?

We're using it for the 10-miler... figured 10 miles, 13 miles, eh no big difference once you get to 10 right? haha.

Went 2.8 miles last night alternating every 10th of a mile between walking and running. Took about 45 minutes, but the pace was 15:26, so I wouldn't get swept if I was at Disney. That's what matters, right? :lol:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It's done! Registered for Goofy Challenge and the 5k for both my wife and myself. I don't think I'll gear up full ultra style for the 5k.

"5k??? Oh, I thought it said 5days..."

Cheers folks!

LOL :sohappy:

I'm sure you have posted this before, but I missed it. How did you get to the point of being able to do these distances? How long have you been running?

JillC LI

Last night was 3 pretty humid miles between the end of my 4th grader's baseball game and the end of my 7th grader's lacrosse practice. I felt pretty like I was keeping a pretty good cadence powering up the hills, which was encouraging. Lots of great spring smells from all the plants that are blooming right now. Honeysuckle is my favorite.

Mine too. I love running outdoors and smelling the scents of Spring.

Texas84

We're using it for the 10-miler... figured 10 miles, 13 miles, eh no big difference once you get to 10 right? haha.

Went 2.8 miles last night alternating every 10th of a mile between walking and running. Took about 45 minutes, but the pace was 15:26, so I wouldn't get swept if I was at Disney. That's what matters, right? :lol:

Exactly. At Disney, have fun and just finish!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Great Work everyone.

Im sad because im missing a local Earth Day run at Ruffner Mtn. Same place i did my 21K last fall. That is ok, Ill be back next October.

Colder temps and freeze warning here in Bham. Cant wait for that cold morning run.

enchanted_belle

3.03 miles of interval training with my brother, 46:45 minutes and 15:25 min/mile average.

I think I'm still dead somewhere, first time doing any training with hills involved.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
LOL :sohappy:

I'm sure you have posted this before, but I missed it. How did you get to the point of being able to do these distances? How long have you been running?

Yeah, I posted it a while back but no worries. I was never a runner. Hated it. I had a bad health scare a few years ago. It changes your perspctive. Anyway, I needed to get my heart strong and it started with a .25 mile run and passing out on the street. I got obsessed with beating the distance. Got to healthy point, and continued pushing myself. I never do the easy thing. My personality doesn't want to be ordinary or extraordinary, but I have to be unbelieveable. I just wanted to be better and greater than the norm after my heart got better. Life changing stuff. I heard about ultras, and I said I need to do that. I ran hard everyday, researched EVERYTHING and obsessed over it, ran through injuries, awful weather, missed out on family get togethers, sacrificed sleep, and just ran until the pain became numb and i was able to ignore it.
I can go and run 50 miles without thinking about it, and do 30 miles he nxt day. I usually never stretch or warm up, not even before a race and I still PR. Sorry if it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm damn proud of what i can do in what takes most people years. No excuses, EVER. That goes for running, my work (art), and marriage. All in or go home.
Cheers, and happy running bro.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Sorry if it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm damn proud of what i can do in what takes most people years. No excuses, EVER. That goes for running, my work (art), and marriage. All in or go home.

That's a fantastic philosophy! :lol: You should be very proud.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Yeah, I posted it a while back but no worries. I was never a runner. Hated it. I had a bad health scare a few years ago. It changes your perspctive. Anyway, I needed to get my heart strong and it started with a .25 mile run and passing out on the street. I got obsessed with beating the distance. Got to healthy point, and continued pushing myself. I never do the easy thing. My personality doesn't want to be ordinary or extraordinary, but I have to be unbelieveable. I just wanted to be better and greater than the norm after my heart got better. Life changing stuff. I heard about ultras, and I said I need to do that. I ran hard everyday, researched EVERYTHING and obsessed over it, ran through injuries, awful weather, missed out on family get togethers, sacrificed sleep, and just ran until the pain became numb and i was able to ignore it.
I can go and run 50 miles without thinking about it, and do 30 miles he nxt day. I usually never stretch or warm up, not even before a race and I still PR. Sorry if it sounds like I'm tooting my own horn, but I'm damn proud of what i can do in what takes most people years. No excuses, EVER. That goes for running, my work (art), and marriage. All in or go home.

Thanks for the backstory - it is quite amazing what you have achieved. It seems that the world is full of excuses, particularly when it comes to physical activity, and you are a shining example of what you can do with complete commitment.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Thanks for the backstory - it is quite amazing what you have achieved. It seems that the world is full of excuses, particularly when it comes to physical activity, and you are a shining example of what you can do with complete commitment.

Thanks. 5k, 100 miles, or just getting outside for a walk, no excuses.

If you're interested, there are pics and video from the ultra rhat I posted on FB. send a friend request.

Cheers.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm actually already starting to think of songs I want on my running playlist for my first full marathon....I want to be inspired to drive --to dig --to do something very few have....

joel_maxwell

3 miles today. Wore my pat-strap. It seemed to make my knee last longer.

Do you want to run a marathon and find out how? I have a great book I read 2 years ago that Id love to mail to someone. It is for anyone wanting to run one. Learn about nutrition, pacing and schedules. We are packing the house and I dont want to throw a book away. Just PM me.

No excuses.

fmingo36

3 miles today. Wore my pat-strap. It seemed to make my knee last longer.

Do you want to run a marathon and find out how? I have a great book I read 2 years ago that Id love to mail to someone. It is for anyone wanting to run one. Learn about nutrition, pacing and schedules. We are packing the house and I dont want to throw a book away. Just PM me.

No excuses.

Don't throw them out.. I'll take them!

joel_maxwell

Don't throw them out.. I'll take them!
SOLD... well, a freebie. The book is a little dated from a flashy cover stand point, but the information inside is very informative. Very informative on how your body uses energy etc. It is well worth the read. I would love to pass it along.

It talks about the mental aspect of it. i have experienced it twice now and I think it is accurate. The book it titled (or at least the motto is) ANYONE can run a marathon.

Since you have run one, maybe we can pass it around the forum signing the inside, then pass. :D

fmingo36

SOLD... well, a freebie. The book is a little dated from a flashy cover stand point, but the information inside is very informative. Very informative on how your body uses energy etc. It is well worth the read. I would love to pass it along.

It talks about the mental aspect of it. i have experienced it twice now and I think it is accurate. The book it titled (or at least the motto is) ANYONE can run a marathon.

Since you have run one, maybe we can pass it around the forum signing the inside, then pass. :D

Great idea!
Yes, I have run a marathon, but to be honest, I did it kind of blindly. Other than following a running training schedule. I never really got into the following the nutrional aspect of training and other aspects of true athleticism. I may never run another marathon but there are many 1/2 marathons in my future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom