What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
21+ miles on the trails (technical terrain).

Face planted a few times.

30 miles this morning.

Starting to stock up and pre-pack food. Labeling all calorie info and times to eat for my crew. This is such a pain in the a--.

Cheers folks!

Oh, and the forecast for my 100mi calls for rain...l o v i n g i t !

Ariel484

2.54 mile run/walk (more run than walk finally!) in 32 minutes, so it ended up being a 12:36 min/mile. :) I love watching those numbers increase!

Way to go!! :sohappy: How was the asthma?

30 minute tempo for me this morning...it was meh. I think I'm starting to develop some sort of ridiculous complex when it comes to tempo runs. :cry: :rolleyes:

enchanted_belle

Way to go!! :sohappy: How was the asthma?

Nowhere near as bothersome as last week. I actually went back to the c25k program (I've been ignoring it since Disney last month), but skipped up a week to week 5. I had one point right towards the end where I thought I might have a problem, but I ended up just increasing my pace and it went away? :shrug:

fmingo36

21+ miles on the trails (technical terrain).

30 miles this morning.

Starting to stock up and pre-pack food. Labeling all calorie info and times to eat for my crew. This is such a pain in the a--.

Cheers folks!

Oh, and the forecast for my 100mi calls for rain...l o v i n g i t !
This could change a thousand times by then. You know the NY/NJ forecaster, they can't predict the weather for the next day never mind next week.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I'm hoping it rains! I run so muxh better in downpours than in the nixe sunny days. The only issue: trying to figure out how to waterproof my 305 attached to the charging cradle and the battery backup pack when I hit 50mi. I think I'll just have to take the entire set up and stick it in a seal line dry sack for an hour while running and then replace it on my wrist when it's done charging. An hour without looking at the damn thing won't even matter.

I'll be starting a new thread "Donald Duck's 2nd 100 miler report" in a few days. My wife will be updating it everytime I pass through the checkpoints every 10+ miles. Now you can all read about my physical, mental and emotional decline in real-time!

JillC LI

Twleve days until extreme pain. Can't wait!

You nut! :)

I also did a short jog around the block after I did the walking. I didn't time myself or anything but I am happy to report I didn't die, no bones got broken, and I didn't throw up. :lol: All in all, I think it was a success.

That's wonderful! Good job. Keep it up.

Ive turned my energy and restlessness to my "new" inherited 1964 C10 chevy truck. Im mildly restoring it to working condition. I have been redoing the back bed since it was wood slats. I had to grind all the old bolts out. I was in a squatting position for about 2 hours.... not good idea with a sick IT band. *moron* Oy!

Hey, don't call my friend a moron! (even if it wasn't the smartest thing to do:D)

I might be able to do Nashville and just run the half at a very slow pace. :D

My two cents? Don't do it. There's no benefit to be derived from it. Rest up, work back up to the distance slowly, and don't risk further injury. What's the point of run/walking it for you?

Oy! So who else besides your devoted wife is in your crew?

I'll be starting a new thread "Donald Duck's 2nd 100 miler report" in a few days. My wife will be updating it everytime I pass through the checkpoints every 10+ miles. Now you can all read about my physical, mental and emotional decline in real-time!

Love it! Can't wait to follow along.

As for me, 3.5 miles this morning at 9:50 pace. Nice and easy. I wish I could have run outdoors in the gorgeous weather here the past two days but, alas, I was stuck indoors both days at a Continuing Legal Ed class. Sigh. Managed to do 12 miles on the starionary bike at night though.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey, don't call my friend a moron! (even if it wasn't the smartest thing to do:D)
:lol: For the most part, he is a smart dude... but there are times. There are times.

My two cents? Don't do it. There's no benefit to be derived from it. Rest up, work back up to the distance slowly, and don't risk further injury. What's the point of run/walking it for you?
A little of just getting out there, partly to just participate so it doesnt feel like a total lose and I stay with some family friends up in Nashville so it would be nice seeing them. The course is really nice (The first half).

Ill see how this month goes. Ill have to make the call around April 15th to fill out a absentee form to ensure at least I get my $95 tech shirt. :lol:

I like what my doctor said yesterday. One of them was, it needs to heal, but at some point, you have to get out there and start running on it. To what degree/distance, we arent sure yet what it can take. Ill know in the next 2 weeks.

MKCP 1985

I agree with Jill. Get healed and you have years of happy running ahead of you. Come back too soon and create a real injury and who knows what the future holds?

joel_maxwell

I agree with Jill. Get healed and you have years of happy running ahead of you. Come back too soon and create a real injury and who knows what the future holds?
I dont like voices of reason! :mad:

Kidding. I appreciate yall input. I probably should not go. I have nothing to prove by going up there and doing that.

I have some fun events coming up in fall Id like to set some PR's on. 1) The Ruffner Mtn again (Oct). 21K of trials and 3000 feet of vertical elevation change. 2) I could do Talladega again (Sept). It is a fast course and I could break my 1:42:15 I set there last year.

JillC LI

Ill see how this month goes. Ill have to make the call around April 15th to fill out a absentee form to ensure at least I get my $95 tech shirt. :lol:

I like what my doctor said yesterday. One of them was, it needs to heal, but at some point, you have to get out there and start running on it. To what degree/distance, we arent sure yet what it can take. Ill know in the next 2 weeks.

So while everyone else is concerned about completing their tax returns, you'll have other things on your mind! :lol:

Your doctor sounds like a runner himself.

Have a nice weekend everyone - happy running!

joel_maxwell

So while everyone else is concerned about completing their tax returns, you'll have other things on your mind! :lol:

Your doctor sounds like a runner himself.

Have a nice weekend everyone - happy running!
My taxes are always complete in the month of February. :lookaroun Yall dont hate. lol

She is awesome. Very understanding and an athlete herself. She is conservative, but isnt, "lets try 1 month of rehab first." With that said, she refused to give me a shot in the ligament since it would weaken and create scare tissue.

fmingo36

Visiting a friend in NYC for the weekend. Brought my running gear with me and managed to get 4.5 miles at a 10:35 pace along the Hudson River this morning. What a nice change of scenery.

DisneyRunner

I ran my 10K St.Patrick's Day race, in 56:34. The goal was a hour. It was a rolling hill course and I can rock on the downhill. Now, I have a current time I can submit for the TOT10Miler.:)

joel_maxwell

Just finished an 8 mile run!:sohappy:
*HIGH FIVE*

Visiting a friend in NYC for the weekend. Brought my running gear with me and managed to get 4.5 miles at a 10:35 pace along the Hudson River this morning. What a nice change of scenery.
I love getting a run in off the normal route. Man, isnt it awesome? When I was in ATL in October, I got 8.5 miles in around downtown about 6 am. Great change of scenery.

I ran my 10K St.Patrick's Day race, in 56:34. The goal was a hour. It was a rolling hill course and I can rock on the downhill. Now, I have a current time I can submit for the TOT10Miler.:)
Excellent job. and to think, WDW course of flat.

Texas84

Nice! One of my goals is to beat an hour. My best is about 1:10. I've got the Cherry Blossom 10K next Saturday in Macon, GA.

8-miler today. Just did not have any energy but I managed to keep under a 12-minute pace. I want to do the ToT in under 2 hours and get to that party!

GoofyRacer11

Ran 10 miles today in the Metro-Parks.
Kept my pace at an easy 9 minute/mile
(I didn't want to over exert myself on my
birthday). The weather was pleasant, and
I felt good! Hope everyone is doing well and
continues to be successful in their training!

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Ran 10 miles today in the Metro-Parks.
Kept my pace at an easy 9 minute/mile
(I didn't want to over exert myself on my
birthday). The weather was pleasant, and
I felt good! Hope everyone is doing well and
continues to be successful in their training!

Happy birthday! :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom