What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Got a text from Joel, and yeah, he's going bonkers not being able to run. Soon my friend...

As for me: just short of 30 miles this morning. Freezing when I stepped out, but it warmed up super quick.

150.??? miles last week.

Twleve days until extreme pain. Can't wait!

Cheers folks!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Got a text from Joel, and yeah, he's going bonkers not being able to run. Soon my friend...

As for me: just short of 30 miles this morning. Freezing when I stepped out, but it warmed up super quick.

150.??? miles last week.

Twleve days until extreme pain. Can't wait!

Cheers folks!
That's right Nick. I was sitting at a traffic light and some dude ran by with a water belt, a garmin and looked to be a long run. I got mad... so I texted you my unfiltered thoughts. *swear alert*

Still numb on the outside of my knee. That means still swelling. Im going to get stronger anti inflammatory meds.

joel_maxwell

No kidding, I plan on it! I made my tattoo appointment yesterday (this will be #3). I drew up a cockeyed skull with my backwards black ZombieRunner hat and a scroll banner underneath that reads "100 MILES." I'm leaving room below it on my leg for another banner: "500 MILES."

I really hope the weather is nice. I love the rain and slop, but for 100 miles, it might get annoying...
speaking of tattoos, check you email.

Love the idea, cant wait to see it inked on.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
Today I walked 2.6 miles at a 18:59 pace. It *felt* like I was hauling because my muscles were really tight but I know that is pathetically slow. This was also my longest walk since I started this whole adventure a week ago. I am hell bent on getting to the point where I can run again soon. I wanna go faster! :lol:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Today I walked 2.6 miles at a 18:59 pace. It *felt* like I was hauling because my muscles were really tight but I know that is pathetically slow. This was also my longest walk since I started this whole adventure a week ago. I am hell bent on getting to the point where I can run again soon. I wanna go faster! :lol:

You're just a stone's throw from me in Jersey :wave:

Good luck with the running. Go slow, and build up. Cheers.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Only 25mi this morning. Rain made for a great fun run through mud, puddles, and all sorts of damp crap!

Hitting some moderate/difficult trails tomorrow to log 30+ miles.

It's great to see some of the newbs fighting through those first runs and fighting through issues; asthma. That's fantastic. Push yourself BEYOND your limits and pain threshold, and it's crazy what you can do.

Cheers folks!

Texas84

Patience! :D That's a pretty good start.

2.3 miles in 30 minutes, mixed walking and running.
No asthma bothering me this time :sohappy:

Awesome! I wonder if this will help with the asthma?

I was sitting at a traffic light and some dude ran by with a water belt, a garmin and looked to be a long run. I got mad...

I did some yard work Sunday and now I can barely walk. So I hear ya neighbor! Hang in there.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This afternoon I walked 2.0 miles around the neighborhood. I was a bit faster today with a pace of 18:09. I wasn't in nearly as much pain as I was yesterday. I think all the extra stretching I did helped. I listened to different music today and I found myself moving a lot faster and really hauling during certain songs. Lesson learned...fast songs only from now on.

I also did a short jog around the block after I did the walking. I didn't time myself or anything but I am happy to report I didn't die, no bones got broken, and I didn't throw up. :lol: All in all, I think it was a success.

enchanted_belle

Awesome! I wonder if this will help with the asthma?

I'm hoping so! It's athletic induced, so the doc said that the better shape I get into, the less I will have to worry about it... just gotta take it a step at a time. :)

No run for me today, but I walked a mile (well two) for an iced coffee. That counts, right? :lol:

Ariel484

2.3 miles in 30 minutes, mixed walking and running.
No asthma bothering me this time :sohappy:

Awesome!! Glad you felt better :)

This afternoon I walked 2.0 miles around the neighborhood. I was a bit faster today with a pace of 18:09. I wasn't in nearly as much pain as I was yesterday. I think all the extra stretching I did helped. I listened to different music today and I found myself moving a lot faster and really hauling during certain songs. Lesson learned...fast songs only from now on.

I also did a short jog around the block after I did the walking. I didn't time myself or anything but I am happy to report I didn't die, no bones got broken, and I didn't throw up. :lol: All in all, I think it was a success.

Hooray for not dying! :sohappy: Sounds like you are off to a great start!

I'm hoping so! It's athletic induced, so the doc said that the better shape I get into, the less I will have to worry about it... just gotta take it a step at a time. :)

No run for me today, but I walked a mile (well two) for an iced coffee. That counts, right? :lol:

:ROFLOL: I hope so, because that's pretty much what I am about to do!

Okay, so after trying my new strength training plan on Monday I was SORE. Just sort of drives home the point that I have some areas to work on. :eek: So I took yesterday off and did a little bit of hills today (~2 miles total with the running and walking breaks). It actually helped the soreness a lot, and I feel much better now. :)

joel_maxwell

I did some yard work Sunday and now I can barely walk. So I hear ya neighbor! Hang in there.
Ive turned my energy and restlessness to my "new" inherited 1964 C10 chevy truck. Im mildly restoring it to working condition. I have been redoing the back bed since it was wood slats. I had to grind all the old bolts out. I was in a squatting position for about 2 hours.... not good idea with a sick IT band. *moron* Oy!

fmingo36

That's right Nick. I was sitting at a traffic light and some dude ran by with a water belt, a garmin and looked to be a long run. I got mad... so I texted you my unfiltered thoughts. *swear alert*

Still numb on the outside of my knee. That means still swelling. Im going to get stronger anti inflammatory meds.

Sorry to hear that the pain/swelling has not subsided. :(

It's funny because I saw someone running yesterday with all the gear as I was driving to work and I said to myself "What a lucky b@stard" I would love
to be going for a run right now!"

joel_maxwell

Sorry to hear that the pain/swelling has not subsided. :(

It's funny because I saw someone running yesterday with all the gear as I was driving to work and I said to myself "What a lucky b@stard" I would love
to be going for a run right now!"
Thanks Coryna.

I know... When I go to lunch with co-workers and there is a runner busting butt and looking like death, they say, "Look at that guy/girl. Man Id hate to be them".... and I reply, "I wish I could join them"

What did I do today? I went to the doctor and got strong steroids and more meds. It is almost healed I think. Numbness almost 100% gone, but I wanted to kick it in the butt with 2 more weeks of meds.

I might be able to do Nashville and just run the half at a very slow pace. :D

fmingo36

Thanks Coryna.

I know... When I go to lunch with co-workers and there is a runner busting butt and looking like death, they say, "Look at that guy/girl. Man Id hate to be them".... and I reply, "I wish I could join them"

What did I do today? I went to the doctor and got strong steroids and more meds. It is almost healed I think. Numbness almost 100% gone, but I wanted to kick it in the butt with 2 more weeks of meds.

I might be able to do Nashville and just run the half at a very slow pace. :D
What's the pace requirement? I'm sure you could do it even with a walk/run plan of action.
The issue might be more of you wanting to go full steam and doing more damage to the knee before it's completely healed.
Your mind is 100% even when your body isn't. :mad:

joel_maxwell

What's the pace requirement? I'm sure you could do it even with a walk/run plan of action.
The issue might be more of you wanting to go full steam and doing more damage to the knee before it's completely healed.
Your mind is 100% even when your body isn't. :mad:
I think 16:00 pace. I think I would make myself go slow seeing th bigger picture... Im more worried about the course. It is a very hilly course (e.g. the is a long rolling hill 3 miles long). Not hard if you are ready for it, but it is still 3 miles long.

Ok, I have an update. I would say the numbness is gone 90-95% right now. I just got 6 days of a heavy steroids and another 2 weeks of heavy Aleve after that. So, basically Ill start running again while on meds. Im not a fan of meds, but like Sam said, if there is something out there to help, use it.

4 miles at a 10:18 pace and 30 minutes of core.
Finally feeling like I've got my running-groove back. :D
Feels good doesnt it? Nice job!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom