What did you do?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Had to share with you all---

Went to the gym this afternoon for a run. The gym was packed. I found a treadmill that was working but the tv was broken and I realized that I forgot my headphone for my mp3 player at home..no problem..just want to get a good run in. Jumped on the treadmill, started running, feeling pretty good. About a mile in, the treadmill next to me opens up, some guy gets on the treadmill immediately. HE REEKS! I mean reeks like he took a bath with a dead skunk before coming to the gym. He starts running at like a crazy 8.5 pace. I am doing all I can to ignore the waffing odor that is coming from my left. Again no TV, no music. I hear Dory's voice in my head "Just Keep Running, Just Keep running" I continue running and another 1 mile or so in I feel something drip on me. I look over and the guy is sweating so profusing and running with his arms swaying side back and forth. I am totally disgusted but continue to run. I get to about 2.5 miles and now it's like I'm being rained on by sweat THAT'S NOT MINE. Honestly I don't even like my own sweat. :lol:
So needless to say I quickly finished up and got out of there. I managed to get in about 3.5 miles. Disapointed because I wanted to get in 5 tonight but I just couldn't do it. Came home and immediately took a LONG hot shower.
Hope everyone had more pleasants runs than me today. :D

Ugh that's crazy. That story just went from bad to worse!

GoofyRacer11

Hope everyone had a good weekend! I completed
my very first 20 mile long run this morning. I did not
keep track of my pave during the run, but I finished
in 2 hours and 50 minutes. I was am happy with that
since it was my first 20 miler and I got less than 6 hours
of sleep last night. My legs are a little sore, but nothing to
severe. The weather could have been a little better though.
The temperature wasn't bad, but the wind and freezing cold rain
made it colder, but it was better than doing it all on the treadmill.
Now, I think I'll relax the rest of the day.:D

Texas84

My marathon plan called for 14 miles today. But after 3 miles my knees were having none of it. So I stopped after 5 miles and strapped on the knee bands and was able to finish with a respectable time (for me). I rarely have knee problems so I hope it was just one of those days. But even with the knee struggles my stamina was excellent. Also, I weigh in about once a month and lost 4 more pounds. Total of 24 pounds lost now. Trying to get to 200 for marathon weekend in January.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Good work! Some pretty good altitude in there!

We did 10 miles at 10:04 pace this morning - was great to get back to a longish run!
Thanks Steve. It was challenging as always. I keep builing off the same route with those hills.

Here is a scary stat. When I went and did 7 miles out at my next event (Ruffner Mtn), I climbed almost twice the height and elevation ascended as I did in this 12 mile run. I have said it before in the last few weeks, but I think this (the Ruffner Mtn 21K) will be harder than my full. Hands down.

anc33

I did a North Face trail race today in Pine Mountain, GA. I am glad we passed up the half and just did the 10K. It was brutal (for me). Our trails in FL are not nearly as rocky and we definitely don't have the same kind of elevation changes. There were a few nasty climbs that involved a lot of gasping for air and four letter words on my part. I'd do it again but I have got to get in much better shape first.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Went to the gym this afternoon for a run. The gym was packed. I found a treadmill that was working but the tv was broken and I realized that I forgot my headphone for my mp3 player at home..no problem..just want to get a good run in. Jumped on the treadmill, started running, feeling pretty good. About a mile in, the treadmill next to me opens up, some guy gets on the treadmill immediately. HE REEKS! I mean reeks like he took a bath with a dead skunk before coming to the gym. He starts running at like a crazy 8.5 pace. I am doing all I can to ignore the waffing odor that is coming from my left. Again no TV, no music. I hear Dory's voice in my head "Just Keep Running, Just Keep running" I continue running and another 1 mile or so in I feel something drip on me. I look over and the guy is sweating so profusing and running with his arms swaying side back and forth. I am totally disgusted but continue to run. I get to about 2.5 miles and now it's like I'm being rained on by sweat THAT'S NOT MINE. Honestly I don't even like my own sweat. :lol:
So needless to say I quickly finished up and got out of there. I managed to get in about 3.5 miles. Disapointed because I wanted to get in 5 tonight but I just couldn't do it. Came home and immediately took a LONG hot shower.

:hurl::hurl::hurl:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
19.27 miles yesterday.
20.01 miles this morning.

Tomorrow will be 26 miles.

Thursday is another 26.

Friday is 20 and Saturday will be about 30 miles. Rest on Sunday.

The above was last week, except I switched Saturday and Sunday; Saturday being my rest day.

Friday was a fluke run: 20.75 miles @ 7:30 pace. I never go that fast in training and usually never a marathon. I'll never hit that number in my ultras, but I felt pretty good.

Same routine this week: 20+ every morning and 30 miles on Saturday. Going to try the 7:30 pace during the 30 miler, so I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers folks!

MKCP 1985

4 treadmill miles today. I just committed to a 40 minute run, distance was not the issue. At 40 minutes, I was at 3.86 miles, and with a 5 minute cool-down, hit 4.0 on the nose.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Thanks Steve. It was challenging as always. I keep builing off the same route with those hills.

Here is a scary stat. When I went and did 7 miles out at my next event (Ruffner Mtn), I climbed almost twice the height and elevation ascended as I did in this 12 mile run. I have said it before in the last few weeks, but I think this (the Ruffner Mtn 21K) will be harder than my full. Hands down.

Wow yeah that is a lot of height! Makes the little hills on our normal run look somewhat pitiful LOL

joel_maxwell

Wow yeah that is a lot of height! Makes the little hills on our normal run look somewhat pitiful LOL
It puts the ones on my normal routes in perspective. Most of my hills are bunny slopes compared to the few I run on my long runs. The way i describe a big ones around here are:

Super Hill: a hill that when you start a mile on it you are still running up the same hill (or still vertical) at the next mile marker

Big Ole Hill: Same concept, but this one is only about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile long.

:D

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It puts the ones on my normal routes in perspective. Most of my hills are bunny slopes compared to the few I run on my long runs. The way i describe a big ones around here are:

Super Hill: a hill that when you start a mile on it you are still running up the same hill (or still vertical) at the next mile marker

Big Ole Hill: Same concept, but this one is only about 1/2 to 3/4 of a mile long.

:D

I'm really not a hill fan. It really does a number on my heart rate, and I have a tough time getting it back down again. Even though I feel OK, looking at the forerunner and seeing 190 just doesn't sit well LOL

joel_maxwell

I'm really not a hill fan. It really does a number on my heart rate, and I have a tough time getting it back down again. Even though I feel OK, looking at the forerunner and seeing 190 just doesn't sit well LOL
I can understand. In Nashville, once I got to mile 14-15 and the temp was getting close to 70, my HR didnt come down from 175-180 the rest of the way no matter what the pace it seemed. I was hemorrhaging calories.

dreamfinder

Ewww. I'll admit, I do sweat profusely, but I always try to take a treadmill on the end of the row, or next to a broken one but ewwww. I always seem to have that smelly guy stand next to me at a start line. No matter what race or where I am, I can just smell them. Some are so bad you can almost taste it. I know its not me, my wife would kill me if I smelled like that.

Was at a 4,000 elevation bump last week, so my training was as much adapting as anything else. Did a 5k while I was there, ended up with a 20.52, which isn't bad for the altitude change. Looking forward to long runs this weekend, last one I did was to long ago due to travel. But it was a 13.1 mi run, with negative splits for the last 7 miles. So I was happy with that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
5k this morning, it was hot, rainy, humid, and windy. LOL. Not good conditions, so was just glad to finish.

joel_maxwell

5.20 miles this am. It was 49 with a wind chill of 43 which was awesome, and it had been raining all night so the streets were nasty.

JillC LI

ummmm, Hello? Any one here? :lookaroun

I'm baaaaack! From Vegas that is. Had a blast and didn't run at all but sure as h*ll did alot of walking! Our plane home landed at 2am Monday morning, and I managed to get 3 hours of sleep before getting up for work on Monday. :snore: Somehow I found the energy to do a speed workout before I collapsed into bed that night. 3 reps of 3/4 mile at 8:41 pace. It was hard as can be for me but I really didn't want to let another day go by without running, and I have to stay on my training plan for my race with my son! LOL. I may be deluding myself, but I've begun to think that if I have a really good day, and he goes out too fast for his own good, there is the slightest chance I could beat him. Naaaaaah, wishful thinking probably. :lol: I'll be happy as long as I come in under 28 minutes.

Tonight, stationary bike.

scorp111

I'm back too... not from anywhere as exciting as Vegas :)

Ran a 17 miler on Saturday, went well.
Took Sunday off due to a bit too much of a good time at my wife's 15th HS Reunion Saturday night.

5 Yesterday morning, 8 tonight. I actually dusted off the Treadmill tonight, 46 degrees, rainy, & windy were not sounding good to me. It might have been better than 8 on the TM, I really think I almost lost my mind!!!

Only another 5 tomorrow, and 8 on Saturday before our Disney Cruise leave Saturday afternoon. I am going to do 13 on Sunday on the ship, and then maybe one other run, and then the Castaway 5K on Castaway Cay. I built this off week into my full training plan, because I knew I wouldn't want to run much while on board.

6.5 week's until the full.

joel_maxwell

I'm baaaaack! From Vegas that is. Had a blast and didn't run at all but sure as h*ll did alot of walking! Our plane home landed at 2am Monday morning, and I managed to get 3 hours of sleep before getting up for work on Monday. :snore: Somehow I found the energy to do a speed workout before I collapsed into bed that night. 3 reps of 3/4 mile at 8:41 pace. It was hard as can be for me but I really didn't want to let another day go by without running, and I have to stay on my training plan for my race with my son! LOL. I may be deluding myself, but I've begun to think that if I have a really good day, and he goes out too fast for his own good, there is the slightest chance I could beat him. Naaaaaah, wishful thinking probably. :lol: I'll be happy as long as I come in under 28 minutes.

Tonight, stationary bike.
That a girl! I love the dedication. Just like Sam said one time, " I will never understand the obsession when you volunteer to go run in the cold rain."

I know yall get it, and I understand not being able to run for a few days and doing it no matter how tired you are. *high five*

I'm back too... not from anywhere as exciting as Vegas :)

Ran a 17 miler on Saturday, went well.
Took Sunday off due to a bit too much of a good time at my wife's 15th HS Reunion Saturday night.

5 Yesterday morning, 8 tonight. I actually dusted off the Treadmill tonight, 46 degrees, rainy, & windy were not sounding good to me. It might have been better than 8 on the TM, I really think I almost lost my mind!!!

Only another 5 tomorrow, and 8 on Saturday before our Disney Cruise leave Saturday afternoon. I am going to do 13 on Sunday on the ship, and then maybe one other run, and then the Castaway 5K on Castaway Cay. I built this off week into my full training plan, because I knew I wouldn't want to run much while on board.

6.5 week's until the full.
Man, you have a busy week. Enjoy the cruise. We are possibly going next October. Ill be burning up the track or the treadmill at least a few times while on board.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom