What did you do?

Was supposed to run 5 to 6 miles this weekend for my XC team but didn't want to go and possibly injury myself with the season ending for me in two weeks. So I went out this morning and did a nice two mile run instead!:)

JillC LI

YOU GO GIRL!!! :sohappy:

Great job!! Congrats!

Thanks guys. And Coryna, sorry to hear about your Pilates classmate. That's awful.

I only ran 16 miles this morning, cause I'm cutting back a little for my race in two weeks. The weather was great for running. I finished in 2 hours and 20 minutes, which is a little under a
9 minute mile pace.
It would have been faster, but before my
run I banged my knee into a metal handle on one of our floor
cabinets. Hope everyone is doing well with their training!

LOL, you finished your 16 miles in what was my goal 5K pace! Great job.

Was supposed to do 10 miles this am, but I did 12.20 instead. I wasnt feeling like even running this morning, but at 5:25, I got up anyway and got out there. Once out there and adjusted to the AWESOME 37 degrees, I stuck around and ran an additional just because I loved what we do.

Happy Saturday everyone.

Those kind of runs are just the best. Glad you could enjoy yourself.

As for me, I did 8 miles on my weekend run at 9:49 pace and another 11.5 miles on the stationary bike. Today is my speed workout: 4 reps of 1000 meters at 8:35 pace plus warmup and cooldown miles. I have to go buy a new pair of running shoes because I just passed 500 miles on these and I'm starting to get those odd foot and leg pains that come with worn out shoes.

Phonedave

I basicly took some time off from running since the W&D half. Partly because I was lazy and part because i have a lot going on in life right now (good stuff, no worries, just busy)

I even skipped a race last weekend because I decided I needed to sleep in (and maybe the all you can eat & drink beefsteak the night before had something to do with it)

So, now I have to make up some races before the end of 2011 to qualify for a gold Phidippidies.

My times were slow (about 3 minutes off normal, I really have to get back in gear)

Norwood Flat and Fast 5K on Saturday - I have run this before. Not my favorite course. A well run race, but something about that course kills me. I don't know why.

Reach 5K in Darlington park in Mahwah on Sunday - Sort of a seat of the pants race. No chip time - old school bib tag on a spindle type race. Odd assortment of sponsors. The get your free Mennen Speed Stick deodorant table was a first for me. Lots of walkers too. But, what a fun course. Two laps around Darlington Park. Pavement to grass, to sand, to hard packed dirt, to woods trails, to mud puddles (small ones) up and down hills, up a berm (3' rise in about 4' feet of distance) back to pavement all around a lake and in a closed park so no cars or traffic at all. And you get to do 2 laps! Crappy time, but a load of fun.

Next weekend is some 5K in Fairfield (I think)

-dave

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X Week 2 - Chest and Back.

I saw a nice improvement on all exercises from last week. I was pushing harder now that I remembered what the routine brought, so that probably helped too.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20.11 miles this morning.
Rest yesterday.
125 miles last week with an 8:45 pace average.
Just under 3,300 miles since April of this year and I will hopefully break that number by Saturday, a 30 miler.

Lots of pain, fatigue, and mental f-ups, but we keep pushing forward.
Again, sorry for my lack of posts. I have been reading and checking up on everyone's FB pages...I'm seeing some great numbers, incredible stories, etc...keep up the great work everyone!
Coryna, so sorry to hear about your yoga guy.

Cheers folks.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hello fellow runners. Good morning.

3 miles yesterday in a easy fun run pushing Isabeau in the Bob stroller.

Have a great Tuesday. :wave:

fmingo36

3 miles on the treadmill and an hour with weights last night.
I need to register for a race to get me motivated to run anything more that I that. Would love to do the 1/2 Marathon at Disney in January, but I don't think my piggy bank has enough in it to make it happen. Maybe the trip fairy will come and leave a plane ticket under my pillow. :lol:

AND THIS IS MY 1,000th post. :sohappy:

fractal

Hello all! Trying to get back into the grove of things. Ran 4.5 miles yesterday in some nice 55 degree weather. Trying to get back into shape and maybe enter a Disney race event next year.

PolynesianPrincess

Hello all! Trying to get back into the grove of things. Ran 4.5 miles yesterday in some nice 55 degree weather. Trying to get back into shape and maybe enter a Disney race event next year.

Hey, you should enter the Wine and Dine Half Marathon!! My siter, cousin and myself will be doing it! :)

JillC LI

12 miles on stationary bike today.

I'm peeved because the only store on Long Island that I know of which carried my running shoes (Nike Equalons) has stopped carrying them, and I need them ASAP. I had to order them online last night from East Bay and I paid for slightly faster shipping. Even though I know my size, I like being able to try them on before buying because every once in awhile they are cut a little differently and I'll prefer one pair that the store has over another. I hope the ones that come in the mail are good. I'm sure there are places in NYC that carry them, but that's a hassle for me because I don't work in the city.

Got my flu shot today. If I have my usual reaction, I will be under the weather for one day tomorrow :-(

Phonedave

Went to TKD last night and we sparred. One of the people I was sparring likes to block with elbows. I kicked elbows about 15 times - hard. I thought I would have brused feet, but this morning I damn near fell over when I got out of bed.

I'm not limping quite as much, so I am assuming nothing is broken. Running kills my flexibility for TKD and TKD injures me for running. Why can't sports I like play nice together?

-dave

Texas84

3 miles at 0530 this AM. 49F. Perfect running weather! My marathon plan calls for 15.5 this weekend. That will be a new distance record for me.

joel_maxwell

Went to TKD last night and we sparred. One of the people I was sparring likes to block with elbows. I kicked elbows about 15 times - hard. I thought I would have brused feet, but this morning I damn near fell over when I got out of bed.

I'm not limping quite as much, so I am assuming nothing is broken. Running kills my flexibility for TKD and TKD injures me for running. Why can't sports I like play nice together?

-dave
Dude, if he is blocking with his elbows, one good kick to the junk will keep that arm from getting up there too fast.

Oh wait, nevermind. Part of the sport. :D

Hope it isnt as bad as you think Dave.

Phonedave

Dude, if he is blocking with his elbows, one good kick to the junk will keep that arm from getting up there too fast.

Oh wait, nevermind. Part of the sport. :D

Hope it isnt as bad as you think Dave.

Ah, yeah. Junk shots don't score points. :D

However ribs do, thats where I encountered most of the elbows.

Feel much better today, so it looks like Ill be racing in the 40 degree F rain on Saturday morning.

-dave

joel_maxwell

Ah, yeah. Junk shots don't score points. :D

However ribs do, thats where I encountered most of the elbows.

Feel much better today, so it looks like Ill be racing in the 40 degree F rain on Saturday morning.

-dave
That is good news Dave. Glad nothing is broken

So, the "F" in this sentence is either for 1) Fahrenheit 2) F'ing 3)Falling 4) Frigid

Im going with #1... but Im laughing at #2 :D

JillC LI

3 miles at 0530 this AM. 49F. Perfect running weather! My marathon plan calls for 15.5 this weekend. That will be a new distance record for me.

Good luck! Any time you do a new distance for the first time it feels like such an achievement - and it is!

Rest day for me.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
P90X Plyometrics today....one of only a couple times I've gotten all the way through the entire program without stopping. Felt good :)

fmingo36

I got 3.5 miles on the treadmill and 1 hour of yoga/pilates in before heading out to work today. I say I'm having a good day so far. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom