What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ran 4 miles this morning. Still have an hour of yoga/pilates planned for this evening (ohmmmmm).

Om Mani Padme Hum...be at peace Coryna.

11.53 miles this morning. Muscles tired. Looking forward to a long run this weekend; 25+ miles.
3am run tomorrow morning, so early to bed.

Cheers everyone.

Coach81

5K this morning.. around my usual time 10 mins per... got an "over and under" 5K this weekend.. will be my first "official" run.. gonna run over and overpass and "under" into a tunnel.. wish me luck!!!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Hey All -

Just found this thread. Great idea. Hope I'm not crashing.

Day 9 of Insanity today - Pure Cardio.

I hurt.

Cheers,
Indy
Welcome. Yes, you are crashing it, but we like that. The more the merrier. :wave:

I might try Insanity one day. I did P90X 2 years ago and enjoyed it. It wasnt that hard.

5 miles last night at a slow recovery pace from Sundays half. Gearing up for 20 this weekend. Im a bit nervous about that since it is 2 miles longer than i have ever accomplished.

JillC LI

Gearing up for 20 this weekend. Im a bit nervous about that since it is 2 miles longer than i have ever accomplished.

There's something about crossing into the 20s for the first time that makes you feel like you've really made it. I remember my first 20-miler like it was yesterday. It had been stormy for a full week, and the water level of the canals along my running path had risen so high in some places that I had to run through ankle deep water. Plus there were fallen trees that both I and my dad with his bike had to climb over and under. But we slogged through and I remember that run with pride and affection (except for the soaking wet socks) to this day. Good luck! You'll do great.

joel_maxwell

There's something about crossing into the 20s for the first time that makes you feel like you've really made it. I remember my first 20-miler like it was yesterday. It had been stormy for a full week, and the water level of the canals along my running path had risen so high in some places that I had to run through ankle deep water. Plus there were fallen trees that both I and my dad with his bike had to climb over and under. But we slogged through and I remember that run with pride and affection (except for the soaking wet socks) to this day. Good luck! You'll do great.
WOW. That sounds like a memorable run.

Thanks Jill. I know I say this all the time, but Im seriously not worrying about pace/time. I just want to reach this pinnacle and then start tapering. I worried with pace/time on my 15, 16, 18 and the ones below that, but I just dont feel that it is necessary push that hard on this one. I guess in my mind, I knew that I could do the others very competitively, but this one is more about finishing that milestone that you are referring too.

I had to swap my 10 mile today and 5 tomorrow. I was way to sore from Sunday to bust out 10 miles this am. So, Ill do 5 today and 10 tomorrow.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Welcome. Yes, you are crashing it, but we like that. The more the merrier. :wave:

I might try Insanity one day. I did P90X 2 years ago and enjoyed it. It wasnt that hard.

5 miles last night at a slow recovery pace from Sundays half. Gearing up for 20 this weekend. Im a bit nervous about that since it is 2 miles longer than i have ever accomplished.

Hey brother, you 'll be fine...come join me up in the 30-40 milers, and I'll attempt your 5 min miles!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Deal. I think we could learn a lot from each other.

No doubt!

11.63 miles this morning. Knee is feeling better, and I hope to be back up to my 70-80 mile/week by the end of this week.

No plan for tomorrow (which is unlike me), but we'll see how far my body takes me...minimum of 13 miles though.

Long run planned for Saturday or Sunday; 30 miles.

I'll be cracking open a few Arrogant B_____ds in the days to come.

Cheers everyone!

Texas84

I think I've figured something out: All winter I had really bad left heel pain after running. The pain goes away while running. Didn't have it at all last summer. I thought it might be the cold but I now think it's my bike keeping my calves loose. Spring hit, I broke out the bike for 10 miles of riding on my off days and, voila, no heel pain! Guess I'll have to find a stationary bike for the winter.

Coach81

Hey All -

Just found this thread. Great idea. Hope I'm not crashing.

Day 9 of Insanity today - Pure Cardio.

I hurt.

Cheers,
Indy

Hi Indy.. I'm an Insanity veteran.. went through the program once.. now I do it every now and then to get some cardio in..

Welcome!

This morning I reached another milestone.. for the first time I was able to run back to back mornings!!! I ran another 5K this morning.. and ran it faster than yesterday.. felt really strong! Did 3.2 @ 9:15 pace..

Looking forward to my first "official" 5K Saturday... I'm wondering if I should just go ahead and run another one tomorrow morning.. what do you all think?

joel_maxwell

10 miles this am. It was tough. 3rd day straight running since my schedule is all messed up. About a 1:30 slower than my usual pace. This is a 40 mile week so Im just looking to finish.

20 Miles Saturday morning.

fmingo36

Got to the gym and realized I had left my bag at home. Of course the bag had my knee brace, my water bottle, my headphones, etc...needless to say I did not get a run in this morning. AUGH! :mad:

JillC LI

I think I've figured something out: All winter I had really bad left heel pain after running. The pain goes away while running. Didn't have it at all last summer. I thought it might be the cold but I now think it's my bike keeping my calves loose. Spring hit, I broke out the bike for 10 miles of riding on my off days and, voila, no heel pain! Guess I'll have to find a stationary bike for the winter.

That kind of heel pain sounds just like plantar fascitis. Not that riding a stationary bike in the winter is a bad idea, but you might want to look into other helpful ideas for that as well such as heel lifts and drops while standing with your toes on the edge of a step.

joel_maxwell

Post race Orange consumption. Next... came the beer. Ill get finish line pics in soon from family. They are taking their time getting them to me and Im dieing to see them.

Post_Race1.jpg

Hmmm, didnt notice the nice plug for the United port-o-potty behind with phone number. Nice.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
11.66 miles this morning...not the 13+ I was looking for, but work / errands / etc...gets in the way.

I feel like such a hack because I haven't been doing my normal daily 13 miles and my weekend 30 milers. Yes, I know it's all relative, but still frustrating.

Hopefully Saturday or Sunday I can pull out a 30+ miler and finally enjoy some IPAs.

Cheers everyone.

PS...Coryna, we have to run together sometime!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Post race Orange consumption. Next... came the beer. Ill get finish line pics in soon from family. They are taking their time getting them to me and Im dieing to see them.

View attachment 27009

Hmmm, didnt notice the nice plug for the United port-o-potty behind with phone number. Nice.

Look at you...with your 305 (with the stupid factory strap...CHANGE IT!), and looking like Bear Grylls!!! Nice job brother, and SWAG to flaunt! Have a few extra brews for me :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom