What did you do?

fyn

I just ran the same 3 mile route I ran on Tuesday, and dropped 2 minutes!

Todays splits (diffs from Tuesday):
11:09 (+6)
9:29 (-0:50)
9:25 (-1:17)

And I was sore today! :D

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
You chicks and your bathing suits...WE ARE ALL CERTAIN THAT YOU LOOK JUST FINE!!! Me on the other hand...the shirt dosen't come off :lookaroun
I have made a lifetime decision to ignore any bathing suit question from women. Period!

I just ran the same 3 mile route I ran on Tuesday, and dropped 2 minutes!

Todays splits (diffs from Tuesday):
11:09 (+6)
9:29 (-0:50)
9:25 (-1:17)

And I was sore today! :D
Very Nice. Congrats. Some of my best times have come on tired/sore days.

joel_maxwell

4 Miles tonight. Supposed to do 5, but Wednesday morning I did 10 instead of 9. Take that OCD.

31:06
7:45 pace. Very sore shins today. It happens occasionally.

Splits:
1 7:48
2 7:38
3 7:52
4 7:42

Coach81

Got my 5K in this morning.. felt really strong.. 3.2 @ 9:24:00 felt really good at the half-mile mark so tried to push it a bit and get a good time..

1- 9:40
2- 9:23
3- 9:22

Have a great weekend everyone.. TGIF and Happy April Fool's Day!!!

P.S. One of the reasons I'm doing this is because I want to be able to take my shirt off this summer!

scorp111

I haven't done much this week at all.

Strained my back somehow, I think while reaching for a dropped toy in the car on the way back from WDW Sunday. Tuesday on the treadmill, I felt a pull, so I stopped. I tried to run outside to see if it was any better. In fact, later that night, I could barely sit up, let alone stand, walk etc. It is definitely muscular in nature.
A few days of rest, and it is definitely better. But not all the way, and I am not sure about my 10K race tomorrow morning. I think I might try to run it, even at a slower pace than I originially intended, since it is paid for.

JillC LI

OK, so Nick I officially give you permission to say I told you so. Last night it was raining lightly so I left my Nano home for my 7 mile run. For the first time in ages I tried to run very consciously. I listened to the sound of my footfalls and thought about the length of my stride and the pushoff from my toe. And wouldn't ya know it but I did that run at an average pace of 45 seconds per mile faster than I normally do!

I've never posted my splits before, but I was so excited with these that I have to share. I didn't remember to hit the split button every mile, but I did it at every 5K point:

Total mileage: 7
Overall average pace: 9:44

Splits:
First 5K: 10:02
Second 5K: 9:29
Final .8 miles: 9:26

As I realized I still had more in the tank, I kept upping my pace. I was very tired but not dead when I finished. My knees hurt alot for awhile, but they're fine today. In fact, I expected to have sore quads today, but they're completely fine too. Maybe I'll have to leave the Nano home more often!

So now I would like an honest opinion from everyone. If I ran 7 miles at 9:44 pace, do you think I could reasonably hope to finish a 5K race at 9:05 pace in November? If so, does anyone have a good 5K training plan that they can share? I've only followed training plans for longer distances in the past.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
OK, so Nick I officially give you permission to say I told you so. Last night it was raining lightly so I left my Nano home for my 7 mile run. For the first time in ages I tried to run very consciously. I listened to the sound of my footfalls and thought about the length of my stride and the pushoff from my toe. And wouldn't ya know it but I did that run at an average pace of 45 seconds per mile faster than I normally do!

I've never posted my splits before, but I was so excited with these that I have to share. I didn't remember to hit the split button every mile, but I did it at every 5K point:

Splits:

As I realized I still had more in the tank, I kept upping my pace. I was very tired but not dead when I finished. My knees hurt alot for awhile, but they're fine today. In fact, I expected to have sore quads today, but they're completely fine too. Maybe I'll have to leave the Nano home more often!

So now I would like an honest opinion from everyone. If I ran 7 miles at 9:44 pace, do you think I could reasonably hope to finish a 5K race at 9:05 pace in November? If so, does anyone have a good 5K training plan that they can share? I've only followed training plans for longer distances in the past.

Nice Jill! I won't say "I told you so..." but maybe leaving behind your Nano once in a while will liberate you. Now rest up...wait, am I telling other people to REST??? :lookaroun

JillC LI

Nice Jill! I won't say "I told you so..." but maybe leaving behind your Nano once in a while will liberate you. Now rest up...wait, am I telling other people to REST??? :lookaroun

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? :lol:
So whaddya think about my chances of completing 5K at 9:05 pace if I can now do more than twice that at 9:44 pace without giving it my absolute all?

joel_maxwell

Splits:

WOW. That is great. If you run in the early morning like I do sometimes, there is nothing better than "listening" to nature waking up. Im doing some tests myself this weekend during my race on Sunday in preparation for Nashville. I love my musical scores during my runs, and I think it will help settle all the hype during a full, but Im not sure.

Again, that is great Jill. Especially your speed. See, you can be a speed demon too! :D

I haven't done much this week at all.

Strained my back somehow, I think while reaching for a dropped toy in the car on the way back from WDW Sunday. Tuesday on the treadmill, I felt a pull, so I stopped. I tried to run outside to see if it was any better. In fact, later that night, I could barely sit up, let alone stand, walk etc. It is definitely muscular in nature.
A few days of rest, and it is definitely better. But not all the way, and I am not sure about my 10K race tomorrow morning. I think I might try to run it, even at a slower pace than I originially intended, since it is paid for.
Hate to hear this. Good luck. Dont hurt yourself worse. Think of the bigger picture and what is 4 weeks away; Nashville. :wave:

JillC LI

WOW. That is great. If you run in the early morning like I do sometimes, there is nothing better than "listening" to nature waking up. Im doing some tests myself this weekend during my race on Sunday in preparation for Nashville. I love my musical scores during my runs, and I think it will help settle all the hype during a full, but Im not sure.

Again, that is great Jill. Especially your speed. See, you can be a speed demon too! :D

Thanks Joel. I appreciate the kind words, but let's not go overbaord now! :ROFLOL:

But nobody has answered the question of whether you think my 9:05 pace goal for a 5K in November is realistic. Am I kidding myself?

joel_maxwell

Thanks Joel. I appreciate the kind words, but let's not go overbaord now! :ROFLOL:

But nobody has answered the question of whether you think my 9:05 pace goal for a 5K in November is realistic. Am I kidding myself?
Absolutely not. If you know you only have 3 miles to run... I think you can let loose and burn it up.

I say NO music. Get caught up in 27 minutes of hype. Latch on to some one running a bit faster than you are comfortable with.

Look at me, telling a veteran what too do. You know you can do it Jill. Plenty of time to get that speed work and no music mantra down.

scorp111

Best 10k in actual race so far :) @ 57:29.

Three H's slowed me, the humidity, the HILLS, and health. 90% humidity at race start.
I only ran two miles all week due to that improving back issue, but felt pretty good, finally found my pace at mile 4.5.

446 Feet of Elevation Gain in 6 miles, and it shows in my splits:

First mile was 7:48, downhill, but still a bit fast for me. :lookaroun:eek:

1 00:07:46 1.00
2 00:09:17 1.00
3 00:09:33 1.00
4 00:09:48 1.00
5 00:09:47 1.00
6 00:09:10 1.00
7 00:02:05 0.25

Happy that I kept fighting and finally felt better at the end, although the hills were lessened by then.

And on the music thing, I pretty much quit my IPOD around the half-Marathon in February, I know I haven't it used at all in 5-6 weeks.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
My daughter had strep throat for 2 days, and I stayed home to take care of her. Then I caught it, and I'm in day 2 of it. Throat is pretty sore, but I'm getting stir crazy to get a workout in!

fmingo36

2 hours at the gym-1 hour of yoga and 1 hour of weights.

The rest of the morning-cleaning the house and getting ready for an open house this morning (fingers crossed).

scorp111

A seriously satisfying sub sixty sunny Sunday six...6 miles @9:33 per

That might be the highlight of the run...

Nothing really special about this run, the weather was great, I felt ok for the most part. Miles 4 and 5 were tougher, but finished fine.

Saw a man in a handcrank wheelchair in the last mile, reminded me how lucky I am to be able to run.....

A low mileage week because of the back, so just trying to get some quality training miles in before Nashville on 4/30.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? :lol:
So whaddya think about my chances of completing 5K at 9:05 pace if I can now do more than twice that at 9:44 pace without giving it my absolute all?

SORRY JILL! I have been away from the computer and iPhone for a few days. You'll do just fiine, don't even worry about it!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
2 hours at the gym-1 hour of yoga and 1 hour of weights.

The rest of the morning-cleaning the house and getting ready for an open house this morning (fingers crossed).

Nice! I really need to get into yoga...but I won't be carrying any yoga mats around.

Good luck with the open house.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom