What did you do?

JillC LI

20 miles this am. Wow, what a mental game. 70 degrees and 85% humidity. I havent even looked at my splits. Not even interested.

I finished and that is all I wanted for this run. 40 Miles this week. Im tired.

Congrats! That's a biggie.
I did just 5 miles this morning and it was just one of those runs that was miserable every step of the way. Felt like my legs were lead from the moment I started until the moment it ended, but I pushed through. Not sure why since I got my first good night's sleep last night in weeks. Ah well, it happens.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Congrats! That's a biggie.
I did just 5 miles this morning and it was just one of those runs that was miserable every step of the way. Felt like my legs were lead from the moment I started until the moment it ended, but I pushed through. Not sure why since I got my first good night's sleep last night in weeks. Ah well, it happens.
Thanks Jill. Just looked and it was a 9 minute pace. Ill take that for the conditions and distance.

I have had those days. My best runs are when Im tired and my first 5 miles my legs are screaming at me. I bet you feel good you pushed through though. Good Job.

fmingo36

13.25 miles this morning. Perfect weather. Lots of newbie runners on the boardwalk.

Throwing back a couple of Arrogant B______ ales now.

30 miler tomorrow.

Cheers everyone.

It was a great day for a run in the lovely Garden State today. Weather couldn't have been better! Got just shy of 5 miles in.

Oh sweet, I just reached "Senior Member" status. Well, that deserves another brew :D

Congrats!!! And enjoy your extra brew :D

Phonedave

My own mini-Goofy this weekend.

5K on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday

Prior to these I had not run in 10 days. I ended up posting my best time for a 5K this year - by 1:19

Then I work up this morning. Left sinus was packed solid and had a wonderful headache going on. I am sitting in front of the TV (Phineas and Ferb) and drinking coffee and thinking "this would be so much more comfortable than racing today" but I took some Excedrin, sucked it up, and drove to the race. Got lost on the way, got all confused at registration, found ALL of the toilets to be without TP, and ran anyway. My goal was just to cruise and survive, not push it at all. Ended up 10 seconds TOTAL slower than the 10K I ran last month when I was pushing.

I now qualify for a Bronze Phidippides medal. On my way to Gold :)

Qualifying Races

Walt Disney World Marathon```````Orlando, FL`````4````26.2 M`````5:52:11````1/9/11
Cupid's Chase 5K````````````````Glen Rock, NJ````1````5 K````````30:52`````2/12/11
CJRRC Hangover 5K``````````````Westfield, NJ`````1```5 K````````30:36:46```2/27/11
Morristown St. Pat's 5K``````````Morristown, NJ````1````5 K```````30:48 ``````3/12/11
Applechase 5K / 10K`````````````Pomton Plains, NJ`2```10 K```````1:03:05.1```3/27/11
Morris Knolls 5K (MK5K)``````````Denville, NJ``````1````5 K```````29:17.91````4/9/11
Essex County Cherry Blossom Run``Newark, NJ``````2````10 K``````1:03:16.74``4/10/11

-dave

joel_maxwell

6 mile run for us this morning - great weather :)
it always helps to have great weather.

My own mini-Goofy this weekend.

5K on Saturday and a 10K on Sunday

Prior to these I had not run in 10 days. I ended up posting my best time for a 5K this year - by 1:19

Then I work up this morning. Left sinus was packed solid and had a wonderful headache going on. I am sitting in front of the TV (Phineas and Ferb) and drinking coffee and thinking "this would be so much more comfortable than racing today" but I took some Excedrin, sucked it up, and drove to the race. Got lost on the way, got all confused at registration, found ALL of the toilets to be without TP, and ran anyway. My goal was just to cruise and survive, not push it at all. Ended up 10 seconds TOTAL slower than the 10K I ran last month when I was pushing.

I now qualify for a Bronze Phidippides medal. On my way to Gold :)

Qualifying Races

Walt Disney World Marathon```````Orlando, FL`````4````26.2 M`````5:52:11````1/9/11
Cupid's Chase 5K````````````````Glen Rock, NJ````1````5 K````````30:52`````2/12/11
CJRRC Hangover 5K``````````````Westfield, NJ`````1```5 K````````30:36:46```2/27/11
Morristown St. Pat's 5K``````````Morristown, NJ````1````5 K```````30:48 ``````3/12/11
Applechase 5K / 10K`````````````Pomton Plains, NJ`2```10 K```````1:03:05.1```3/27/11
Morris Knolls 5K (MK5K)``````````Denville, NJ``````1````5 K```````29:17.91````4/9/11
Essex County Cherry Blossom Run``Newark, NJ``````2````10 K``````1:03:16.74``4/10/11

-dave
to bad you couldnt get some mini bling. Maybe a 4th the size of the original. :D

Very nice almost reaching gold Dave.

Coach81

Well I survived my first "official" race this weekend. I completed the "Over and Under Tunnel Run" which included scaling a very, very high overpass, and finished by going down then back up a tunnel near the end. I feel pretty good about completing a "flat" 5K, but the inclines and declines along with 90 degree temps and good ole' Louisiana 90% humidity took a serious toll on me..

Anyway.. I ended up with a finish of 30:45... not too bad for a first-timer.. and I feel pretty good about it..

This morning I had some difficulty getting my normal 5K in.. felt a little tired and sluggish but got it done with a 10:18 pace..

I will try to reach another milestone this week.. I will try to run at least a 5K EVERY MORNING THIS WEEK... if my body can take it..

Have a great day everyone...

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Finally got outside for our first run of the season last night. My wife and I ran 4 miles last night. It was her first outdoors run since she started running, and she was surprised at how quickly the mileage went by when you're not on a treadmill. :)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
80.59 miles last week (Mon-Sun). The Machine has been re-oiled folks.

Ultra-busy week this week, so that means making my wife's lunch the night before, getting up mad early, and banging out 13mi every morning before work.
30+ miler planned for Saturday or SUnday.

Cheers folks, cheers.

MKCP 1985

20 miles this weekend - spring is over - humidity is crap

Hi Brad!

You raise a good question - how does a person transition from controlled climate workouts to enduring the sticky, humid conditions of outdoor spring/summer runs?

I've hit a plateau and it has been suggested that I get out of my comfort zone, which for me is the trusty treadmill at the gym.

scorp111

Just a quick 5K this morning (for me anyway) at just under 9 min per mile.

Had a stomach bug for about 6 days last week, meaning I went 6 days without running. None of this is going to help my half in Nashville in 2.5 weeks.
But my goal is to finish in under 2:15. I did 2:07 in my half in February, but that was February, my training was better, and it was flat. We will see. I am really going to try to make my October half the one where I try to get under 2 hours for the first time.

joel_maxwell

80.59 miles last week (Mon-Sun). The Machine has been re-oiled folks.

Ultra-busy week this week, so that means making my wife's lunch the night before, getting up mad early, and banging out 13mi every morning before work.
30+ miler planned for Saturday or SUnday.

Cheers folks, cheers.
Good to hear Nick

Just a quick 5K this morning (for me anyway) at just under 9 min per mile.

Had a stomach bug for about 6 days last week, meaning I went 6 days without running. None of this is going to help my half in Nashville in 2.5 weeks.
But my goal is to finish in under 2:15. I did 2:07 in my half in February, but that was February, my training was better, and it was flat. We will see. I am really going to try to make my October half the one where I try to get under 2 hours for the first time.
Hate to hear about the stomach bug. Those things are no fun.

Yes, Nashvegas in 3 weeks. We are on the taper now. Thank god. I need the taper.

fmingo36

Just finished 4 miles on the treadmill & 6 miles on the bike.
Slowly starting my training for the 1/2 marathon at Disneyland in Sept.

JillC LI

We are on the taper now. Thank god. I need the taper.

Enjoy it, but just watch - it's gonna mess with your head! :ROFLOL:

Hi Brad!

You raise a good question - how does a person transition from controlled climate workouts to enduring the sticky, humid conditions of outdoor spring/summer runs?

Gradually and not without discomfort! You've got a lot of transitions to handle there. First there's there transition from treadmill to pavement. The surface will create more pounding on your legs plus you don't have that treadmill belt pulling your landing leg back so it requires more effort. Second, you've got the weather. Both heat and humidity individually take a strong toll on a body but together they are a nasty twosome. I recommend that you really take those first few weeks of outdoor, warm weather runs easy to let your body adjust. But rest assured, it will adjust. Bring extra liquids and dress properly for the outdoors as well - a little extra Body Glide is always helpful in hot weather too!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Eh, 10.51 miles this morning. It just didn't feel, like a quality run, more like going through the motions. My head has been screwing with me lately, focus is off, etc...

I had started a new log a few weeks ago (March 16...my running season begin-end date) and it has one section to record weight. I have read that certain weight percentages, whether they be up or down from your normal weight, is an indicator if you should take a day off or not. With my running schedule (based on ultra marathon training, of course!) maintaining weight is key. My weight has been fluctuating like crazy for the past 3 weeks, and there really has not been a change in my diet. Today was 122.6, the other day was 119, yesterday was 120, several days ago it was 121.6. MY OCD (medically legit OCD :lookaroun) has been freaking me out about keeping a specific number. Perhaps I just need to relax and just run? Joel, Dave, everyone, keep me in line...

scorp111

Good to hear Nick

Hate to hear about the stomach bug. Those things are no fun.

Yes, Nashvegas in 3 weeks. We are on the taper now. Thank god. I need the taper.

Yay for your taper!

For the 1/2, I am only going to taper the last 7 days or so.. not like I have had much to taper from either right now!

I did add another 4 miles tonight on the treadmill and some core work. So at least I have tired legs, first time in awhile really.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom