What did you do?

fmingo36

It might be just me, but Ive been wondering where our local running section babes have been. :D Hope you are feeling better. If you have been absent for a bit, welcome back. If you havent, I need to pay more attention.

I've been here, but lurking more than posting. Haven't been doing a lot of running since the marathon in January. But I think I might be doing the 1/2 Marathon down the Jersey Shore in May and then off to Disneyland for the 1/2 in September so I'll be back to my training soon enough! Actually planning on (and looking forward to) going for a run tomorrow.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I've been here, but lurking more than posting. Haven't been doing a lot of running since the marathon in January. But I think I might be doing the 1/2 Marathon down the Jersey Shore in May and then off to Disneyland for the 1/2 in September so I'll be back to my training soon enough! Actually planning on (and looking forward to) going for a run tomorrow.
Ah. I just wanted to make sure all our female runners were ok. Good luck in your next events. Im looking forward to a much lower running schedule come May.

joel_maxwell

18 Miles this am. Just a few stats. Worked on my Full pace today. Being 63 out and 90% humidity, Ill take these splits anyday.

2:35:14 Time
8:37 Pace
Elevation Gain 1,063 Feet
Ascended Feet 2380 Feet
Calories Burned 2,203

Splits:
1 8:30
2 8:11
3 8:13
4 8:25
5 8:44
6 8:46
7 8:40
8 9:11
9 8:18
10 8:38
11 8:47
12 8:36
13 8:35
14 8:35
15 8:25
16 8:52
17 9:14
18 8:33

JillC LI

There are so many ultras I want to race...you going to join me???

A runner and a comedian too! Who knew?! :ROFLOL:

Next up - Applechase 10K on Sunday.

Hope it went well!

18 Miles this am. Just a few stats. Worked on my Full pace today. Being 63 out and 90% humidity, Ill take these splits anyday.

2:35:14 Time
8:37 Pace
Elevation Gain 1,063 Feet
Ascended Feet 2380 Feet
Calories Burned 2,203

Nice! Very nice! :sohappy:

Phonedave

Hope it went well!

Race had it's ups and downs (Ha! that's like a joke)

Really the course had NO ups and downs. It was one giant, flat, 10K rectangle (well pretty much, a few little side cuts, but not much)

This is the first year the race is back after a multi-year hiatus. I was not thrilled with the race management. Had conflicting information before the race as to where to line up, a horrible PA system at the start, a late start, only 2 water stations over a 10K course (I don't stop for water on a 10K, but lots of people do, and one at mile 2 and another at mile 5 is kind of weak), course volunteers who just stood there (no cheering, no calling out paces, nada), and amazingly long waits to post times (I hung around for 45 minutes after I finished, and still nothing was posted - and nothing is on line yet either). However, registration and waiting was in a high school gym - YES, semi warm and with real bathrooms - gotta love that.

Anyway, I think I had the most fun finishing a race with this one. It was a stadium finish. I found a pace group pretty quickly, and by the 2 mile point had settled in. I think between miles 2 and 5 one person passed me and I passed 2 other people. At mile 5 I start my finish push (push for me, faster crawl for people like Joel) and I think I passed 4 people in the last mile. The one girl who had been maybe 50 yards behind me did the same. I could hear her just off my left shoulder for mile 5 to 5.9 creeping up on me, and hanging with me - there was nobody close in front of me. She kicked it into gear entering the complex, and was out on the track ahead of me and pulling away. I was like "oh well, good for her" then all of a sudden she is walking - she burned too fast. I moved it into whatever gear I had left, but she saw me coming, and started running again. She finished about 5-10 seconds ahead of me I think. That was a load of fun to finish like that.

Unofficial time 1:02:59

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75367821

Phidippides challenge now stands at 9 points (12 for Bronze, 16 Silver, 20 Gold)

Walt Disney World Marathon Orlando, FL 4 26.2 M
Cupid's Chase 5K Glen Rock, NJ 1 5 K
CJRCC Hangover 5K Westfield, NJ 1 5 K
Morristwon St. Pat's 5K Morristown, NJ 1 5 K
Applechase 5K / 10K Pomton Plains NJ 2 10 K

-dave

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Dave, sorry to hear about the "downs" of your race.

Just a little over 10 miles everyday this week since the big race. I plan on picking my mileage back up to my usual mid-70-80 mile weeks with 2 days reast.
Thinking about doing the Mahlon Mayhem 100k ultra in August. It's another NJ Traiseries race like Saturday's ultra, and they seem to organize their races really well. We'll see how I'm feeling in the next few weeks when my miles are back up to normal. Beast mode, again...

joel_maxwell

Race had it's ups and downs (Ha! that's like a joke)

Really the course had NO ups and downs. It was one giant, flat, 10K rectangle (well pretty much, a few little side cuts, but not much)

This is the first year the race is back after a multi-year hiatus. I was not thrilled with the race management. Had conflicting information before the race as to where to line up, a horrible PA system at the start, a late start, only 2 water stations over a 10K course (I don't stop for water on a 10K, but lots of people do, and one at mile 2 and another at mile 5 is kind of weak), course volunteers who just stood there (no cheering, no calling out paces, nada), and amazingly long waits to post times (I hung around for 45 minutes after I finished, and still nothing was posted - and nothing is on line yet either). However, registration and waiting was in a high school gym - YES, semi warm and with real bathrooms - gotta love that.

Anyway, I think I had the most fun finishing a race with this one. It was a stadium finish. I found a pace group pretty quickly, and by the 2 mile point had settled in. I think between miles 2 and 5 one person passed me and I passed 2 other people. At mile 5 I start my finish push (push for me, faster crawl for people like Joel) and I think I passed 4 people in the last mile. The one girl who had been maybe 50 yards behind me did the same. I could hear her just off my left shoulder for mile 5 to 5.9 creeping up on me, and hanging with me - there was nobody close in front of me. She kicked it into gear entering the complex, and was out on the track ahead of me and pulling away. I was like "oh well, good for her" then all of a sudden she is walking - she burned too fast. I moved it into whatever gear I had left, but she saw me coming, and started running again. She finished about 5-10 seconds ahead of me I think. That was a load of fun to finish like that.

Unofficial time 1:02:59

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/75367821

Phidippides challenge now stands at 9 points (12 for Bronze, 16 Silver, 20 Gold)

Walt Disney World Marathon Orlando, FL 4 26.2 M
Cupid's Chase 5K Glen Rock, NJ 1 5 K
CJRCC Hangover 5K Westfield, NJ 1 5 K
Morristwon St. Pat's 5K Morristown, NJ 1 5 K
Applechase 5K / 10K Pomton Plains NJ 2 10 K

-dave
Sorry to here about the bad race day.

Love the bolded part. :lol:

scorp111

I was at WDW this weekend, so I still ran, but not a long run this weekend:

Friday was a rest day, and we spent about 8-9 hours at Hollywood Studios

Saturday, ran 6.2 around Port Orleans in 56:49, which is easily my best timed 10K ever. By minutes actually :) I have my first 10K race Saturday, and will be pushed to keep it under 60 minutes I think because the course is quite hilly as opposed to the very flat route I ran Saturday AM. I was really pleased as I ran a 28:30 first half, and then a 28:19 closing 5K. At the beginning of the year, I had never run a 5K under 30 minutes, let alone two of them back to back :sohappy:

Then walked 3-4 miles around Epcot:lookaroun

So Sunday was an 8 am open at MK, and so that meant a 5am get-up to run. At 5:01, I decided I would rather sleep the hour, at 5:04 I changed my mind. The plan was just 4, and that is what I did, @ 9:07 pace. Then spent 10 hours at MK, drove 4 hours home, and am now at the airport flying to Nashville.:lookaroun

This week will be a tough running week, but I want to get at least a couple in, even if I have to use the hotel treadmill.

Springtime 10K next Saturday in Tallahassee and less than 5 weeks to Nashville:)

Texas84

5K this morning.. was tough.. but I powered through it....

Goal is to run one every morning this week... wish me luck..

Don't over do it. I never run two days in a row. Of course there are plenty of 'Goofys' here who can do that. :D

Did a 10K Saturday morning. Had a full sprint left for the last half mile and finished 2 minutes off my best.

joel_maxwell

4 something miles tonight. I didnt take a watch. No timer. Nothing. Just went and enjoyed running. I was supposed to do 5, but I think it was more healthy to run close to that and just be free. :D

As Nick says, Cheers everyone.

Coach81

Don't over do it. I never run two days in a row. Of course there are plenty of 'Goofys' here who can do that. :D

Did a 10K Saturday morning. Had a full sprint left for the last half mile and finished 2 minutes off my best.

Yeah I took your advice.. I got up to go run, my body said "we need a break".. so I listened.. perhaps tomorrow morning..

Thanks

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
10.23mi yesterday. I am itching to get my miles back up to 13mi daily, but I am taking it slow. The Machine is coming back...:D

Upcoming races:

NJ Marathon - May 1st
Avon 5k - June
Mahlon Mayhem 100k Ultra - Aug 13th (maybe)
Brielle 10k - September

Cheers everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom