What did you do?

JillC LI

4 something miles tonight. I didnt take a watch. No timer. Nothing. Just went and enjoyed running. I was supposed to do 5, but I think it was more healthy to run close to that and just be free. :D

I always say I should do this once in awhile, and sometime I ditch the Garmin in exchange for a regular timex, but I can't seem to get myeslf to ever leave the watch behind entirely. Must be my OCD. :lol:

Unfortunately the only way I can get runs in during the week is at the gym on the treadmill because I need the daycare.

Me too. My husband leaves for work before me in the morning, so I can only do my early morning runs on the treadmill in my basement while the kids are still asleep. I hate it but I'm grateful to have it in my house. 4 miles on it this morning.

fyn

Ran my furthest *ever* tonight. 3.18 miles. I know, not a lot to some of you, but I'm a water mammal!

Splits:
1 - 11:03
2 - 10:19
3 - 10:42

Avg: 10:30, total climb 208ft.

The biggest thing I changed? I slowed down, and made sure my form was comfortable. HUGE difference. Also - knowing that I was coming back to post here helped motivate me to get that last mile, rather than calling it quits at 2!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Ran my furthest *ever* tonight. 3.18 miles. I know, not a lot to some of you, but I'm a water mammal!

Splits:

The biggest thing I changed? I slowed down, and made sure my form was comfortable. HUGE difference. Also - knowing that I was coming back to post here helped motivate me to get that last mile, rather than calling it quits at 2!

Nice job. 3 miles or 100 miles, each step counts for something. Keep up the good work.

10.30mi yesterday morning. Running that ultra marathon really screwed my right knee (LCL). It was feeling much better, but yesterday, the pain returned. I've been bracing it, and now back to icing.

Oh well, here I go...

Cheers everyone.

Coach81

Splits:

Congrats to you!!!

Pouring down here in Louisiana, so I hit the treadmill.. 3.1 miles, 9:45 average.. felt pretty good...

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I always say I should do this once in awhile, and sometime I ditch the Garmin in exchange for a regular timex, but I can't seem to get myeslf to ever leave the watch behind entirely. Must be my OCD. :lol:.
Try it one time. I find myself checking out peoples landscapes, looking at paint jobs on homes that i like and just enjoying looking at nature. I know a lot of yall do that anyway, but the point is, if I have my watch on, it is serious. Im there to run, not cruise.

Splits:

Like Nick said, 3 miles or 30, it is all a personal goals. Either way, the feeling is the same after you accomplished 3 or 30.

Congrats. :wave:

Ill be in your shoes when I swim my first mile and think Im going to die and you could swim laps around me. :D

joel_maxwell

10.24 miles this morning at 5am. Just ran in 3rd or 4th gear. Trying not to get too sore for this weekends Talladega 13.1 or as they say, 21,000 meters.

1:27:55

It rained the whole time too. About 55 out. Really interesting run.

joel_maxwell

Was that meant to pique our interest? :shrug:
:lol: Nope. Just a out loud thought. I rarely get to run in the rain. This was maybe my third time. My hats brim was dripping water, my tech shirt was soaked only on the front and concentration was difficult. When I say rain, it wasnt pouring, just a constant light rain that after 10 miles, leaves you mentally tired.

Interesting in a:

- learning way
- break from the norm
- worked on focus and concentration since it was all in the dark
- & I have a "hint" what it must be like for mothers that nurse their newborns the rest of the day. Ouch.

:lookaroun

JillC LI

:lol: Nope. Just a out loud thought. I rarely get to run in the rain. This was maybe my third time. My hats brim was dripping water, my tech shirt was soaked only on the front and concentration was difficult. When I say rain, it wasnt pouring, just a constant light rain that after 10 miles, leaves you mentally tired.

Interesting in a:

- learning way
- break from the norm
- worked on focus and concentration since it was all in the dark
- & I have a "hint" what it must be like for mothers that nurse their newborns the rest of the day. Ouch.

:lookaroun

:ROFLOL:I'm laughing but in the most sympathetic way.
Running in the rain can actually be very neat, especially if it's not too cold outside. Makes you feel like a really dedicated runner. The only reason I dislike it nowadays is because I can't wear my contact lenses any more, and running in the rain with glasses sucks. Last year I got caught in a sudden downpour about 3 miles from home and I was completely blinded all the way home.

joel_maxwell

:ROFLOL:I'm laughing but in the most sympathetic way.
Running in the rain can actually be very neat, especially if it's not too cold outside. Makes you feel like a really dedicated runner. The only reason I dislike it nowadays is because I can't wear my contact lenses any more, and running in the rain with glasses sucks. Last year I got caught in a sudden downpour about 3 miles from home and I was completely blinded all the way home.
"Hey Joel, why are you walking all hunched over today?"

:p

Yes, it made me feel very dedicated today. Getting out of bed an hour or so early, running in the rain gives me some re-energizing. Ill say this, it was getting bad enough around mile 5 on a double loop, I thought that I might go in at 5 and do 5 tonight. Once there, I wasnt about to quit. Loved it.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
M - 10.25mi
T - 10.33
W - 10.30
TH (today) - 10.40

My runs this week have been varying in focus, which I do not like.

On a good note, I think the towns are opening the bathrooms for the season on the boardwalk, so no more looking out for other runners and doing the emergency stops under the boardwalk or peeing myself :lookaroun, uh...

Cheers everyone.

JillC LI

M - 10.25mi
T - 10.33
W - 10.30
TH (today) - 10.40

My runs this week have been varying in focus, which I do not like.

On a good note, I think the towns are opening the bathrooms for the season on the boardwalk, so no more looking out for other runners and doing the emergency stops under the boardwalk or peeing myself :lookaroun, uh...

Cheers everyone.

LOL, if there's one thing I've learned from running it's that when you gotta go, you gotta go! But I'm pterry certain that I'd rather be seen half sticking out from behind a tree than p e e on myself! :ROFLOL:

So what does it mean that your runs are varying in focus? Focus on pace? Form? Surroundings? Injuries? And speaking of the last one, I hope you're feeling better these days.

fmingo36

Just finished 4 miles on the treadmill and a 1/2 hour of weight training.

Although I have nothing in the near future to train for I'm going to make sure that I look good for bathing suit season.:lol:

JillC LI

Although I have nothing in the near future to train for I'm going to make sure that I look good for bathing suit season.:lol:

My feelings exactly! I'm planning on running 7 miles when I get home from work today while my daughter is at Art class. I was even able to arrange a lift home for her so I don't have to show up all sweaty and have her complain that I'm embarrassing her with my stink. :ROFLOL:Of course I didn't mention to the other mom that that was the real reason for my carpool request today!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
LOL, if there's one thing I've learned from running it's that when you gotta go, you gotta go! But I'm pterry certain that I'd rather be seen half sticking out from behind a tree than p e e on myself! :ROFLOL:

So what does it mean that your runs are varying in focus? Focus on pace? Form? Surroundings? Injuries? And speaking of the last one, I hope you're feeling better these days.

Disctracted by injuries, yeah. My mind just seems to keep wondering lately, and not that intense focus on "the prize," if you will. I'm sure it's just a glitch after a long race, and I will get back to my ritual.

Darn right you gotta go...even if it is on yourself :lookaroun

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

You chicks and your bathing suits...WE ARE ALL CERTAIN THAT YOU LOOK JUST FINE!!! Me on the other hand...the shirt dosen't come off :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom