What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Welcome a-board! (pun intended) So what triathalon are you training for/considering? I'd definitely love to hear about training for a tri, just as I loved hearing about Nick (Donald Duck) training for an ultra. These are things I will not do myself (the tri because I despise swimming) so it is neat to read about other people's experiences firsthand.

Jill, I've been bitten by the ultra-bug...more ultras to come. Maybe another one this year; 50 miler or a 100k. Doing the 100 miler again next March.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Same boat (so to speak) as me.

I would love to do a tri, but I sink like a rock.

I love to swim, but I know doing any sort of tri swim would be a real effort. Unless it was an ocean swim, that is an option. It's not the swimming that is a problem, as much as it is the inability to breathe underwater that is a problem for me.

-dave
I am looking to complete a sprint tri one day. Ill have to wait till the kids are a bit older and can go to the pool a lot for me to swim a few laps.

The running and biking parts are covered. Im a strong biker... at least I use to be.

joel_maxwell

Nick, this run today was for you. 5 miles on lunch. I redeemed my speed.

Moving Time - 38:50
Avg Moving Pace - 7:42
Total Ascent - 657 feet
Elevation change - 346 feet
Splits (same first 5 from the 9 yesterday morning. Love the improvement)

Today:
1 - 7:40
2 - 7:38
3 - 7:58
4 - 8:02
5 - 7:28

Same 5 of 9 the day before:

1 - 8:19
2 - 8:09
3 - 8:28
4 - 8:41
5 - 8:38

:D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Nick, this run today was for you. 5 miles on lunch. I redeemed my speed.

Moving Time - 38:50
Avg Moving Pace - 7:42
Total Ascent - 657 feet
Elevation change - 346 feet
Splits (same first 5 from the 9 yesterday morning. Love the improvement)

Today:
1 - 7:40
2 - 7:38
3 - 7:58
4 - 8:02
5 - 7:28

Same 5 of 9 the day before:

1 - 8:19
2 - 8:09
3 - 8:28
4 - 8:41
5 - 8:38

That's the Joel I know! Freakin' speed demon.

Now, if only I can get my mileage back up to my daily 13mi, we will all be in good standing. 10+ miles everyday since the race on Saturday, with one day off. Smart? No, of course not. I just want my 70-80 mile/week again.
10.10mi this morning with lots of pain in my right LCL, right ankle, and tenderness in my left knee. And snow, yes snow. Just the other day I was running in 60 degree weather and this morning I almost get frost-bite on my fingers...this NJ weather is getting old. Dave and Coryna, I know you sympathize.

fmingo36

And snow, yes snow. Just the other day I was running in 60 degree weather and this morning I almost get frost-bite on my fingers...this NJ weather is getting old. Dave and Coryna, I know you sympathize.

Feeling a little under the weather last few days so last night was a nyquil night for me. I woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw the snow. Not sure if it was real or I was having a bad dream-nope it was real so i went back to sleep. :lol:

joel_maxwell

And snow, yes snow. Just the other day I was running in 60 degree weather and this morning I almost get frost-bite on my fingers...this NJ weather is getting old. Dave and Coryna, I know you sympathize.
Yall can have this warm weather down here. Ill take the 30 degree running weather all day long. No snow though, just the cold.

Very much so.

I have a 10K on Sunday. I hope it breaks 40 for that race.

-dave
I think our local weatherperson's have predicted a cold front to come through for next weekend. I find that humorous since they can't predict what happened yesterday, but I like it. Talladega 13.1 next Sunday morning.

18 miles tomorrow morning.

Feeling a little under the weather last few days so last night was a nyquil night for me. I woke up this morning and looked out the window and saw the snow. Not sure if it was real or I was having a bad dream-nope it was real so i went back to sleep. :lol:
It might be just me, but Ive been wondering where our local running section babes have been. :D Hope you are feeling better. If you have been absent for a bit, welcome back. If you havent, I need to pay more attention.

JillC LI

Jill, I've been bitten by the ultra-bug...more ultras to come. Maybe another one this year; 50 miler or a 100k. Doing the 100 miler again next March.

I had a hunch you might!

Running clothes, work clothes, regular clothes, PJs...all black. Yup, I look like a ray of sunshine wherever I go :lookaroun

Then we really should call you Johnny Cash. (Was it Dave who said that at one point? I can't recall who made the comment.)

JillC LI

10.10mi this morning with lots of pain in my right LCL, right ankle, and tenderness in my left knee. And snow, yes snow. Just the other day I was running in 60 degree weather and this morning I almost get frost-bite on my fingers...this NJ weather is getting old. Dave and Coryna, I know you sympathize.

Yo Nick - don't you think you should take it easy if you still have pain everyday? Especially if you said there's another ultra in your not-too-distant future.

And I sympathize with the cold and snow as well here on Long Island. Ugh.

joel_maxwell

Getting back to big numbers, huh. Good luck!
2 weeks ago 15 and 16 on 2 different saturdays went great with tons of hill work so Im looking forward to tomorrow, a half race next weekend and then 20. As you recall, I had to skip my 20 last attempt due to injury. Fingers crossed. This was the week that got my last time. Tuesday to be exact.

I can't imagine what it must feel like to move so quickly over the pavement. I wish I could experience it. When it comes to racing, I know I'm only competing against my personal best, but it would be a real kick to see what it feels like to run so fast.
:D I feel the same way you do when Im in a race. I see all these people in Corral A that blow past me and I think, "Yep, ill see that guy with the blue shirt on in just a bit since he is going to burn out at that speed." only to never see them again. Im averaging 7-7:15 at this point in the race so you know those guys have to be smoking. I cant imagine a 6-6:30 mile time over 13.1. I know yall think im fast and maybe so, but I think im fast in our runners forum since the people that surround me in races smoke me. Ill tell you what Jill, you dont ever feel like your breath is going to calm down. It takes about 6 miles to settle in and just cruise.

With that said, Im not the best runner and Im not going to win a race, so Ill take my resident title and wear it proudly.

EDIT: When mentioned to fmingo earlier about the babes not being present, just wanted to say that you have consistently been representing the females :wave:. Where is Erin? she alright?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Hope you're feeling better Coryna...have a beer, that'll help. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I had a hunch you might!

Then we really should call you Johnny Cash. (Was it Dave who said that at one point? I can't recall who made the comment.)

Yeah ultra or nothin'...except Disney races of course!

I think it was Joel who dubbed me the Jonny Cash of our little group.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yo Nick - don't you think you should take it easy if you still have pain everyday? Especially if you said there's another ultra in your not-too-distant future.

And I sympathize with the cold and snow as well here on Long Island. Ugh.

Jill, you are so right, but I am SO stubborn. I ran this morning with a knee brace and an ankle brace, and today was the best I have felt since the race. I'l def listen to my body though. There are so many ultras I want to race...you going to join me???

Oh, and I keep forgetting that you are in this area as well...I like the cold, but I'm just tired of it already. Darn tri-state.

Phonedave

6.25 miles tonight

This cold is getting old quickly. I was wearing a baseball hat and it had soaked up my sweat, and on the top of the hat, had turned to frost.

Next up - Applechase 10K on Sunday.

-dave

-dave

joel_maxwell

Yeah ultra or nothin'...except Disney races of course!

I think it was Joel who dubbed me the Jonny Cash of our little group.
*credit*

6.25 miles tonight

This cold is getting old quickly. I was wearing a baseball hat and it had soaked up my sweat, and on the top of the hat, had turned to frost.

Next up - Applechase 10K on Sunday.

-dave

-dave
Good luck Dave.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom