What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We went from 60's on Friday to 18 and snow yesterday morning. I think I would rather have your weather change.

I love that. I get into the park and just run around. "I think I will run this way. Oh that loop was fun, I'll do it again. I wonder what is going on down by the movie theater?" I just run in circles sometimes. I would have NO idea what distance I ran without the 305.

-dave
I would always build my routes on mapmyrun.com and then build off them adding a mile or 2 every time. Since I know my city very well, it works, but it is a bit hard to remember streets and corners that I have to turn at for all the different routes. Im excited.

If I can just keep my ankle healthy till April, Ill take the time off to heal it completely if need be.

JillC LI

Tomorrow morning I will get up around 4:15 am.. and I am going to run farther than I have ever run before in my entire life. I am going to run non-stop for 5 miles!!!

Wish me luck!!!

Any advice for tomorrow will be greatly appreciated!!!

Woohoo, good luck! Given your recent accomplishments, I have no doubt you'll succeed. Just keep the pace nice and easy.

JillC LI

Jill, the inserts seem to have worked beautifully. No soreness this am. None. Ill continue this week running on all flat ground to give it some extra healing time.

Also, last night was the first run with my Garmin. Love love love it. Im still getting a custom to it and all the techy stuff it does and setting up how I like my front screen to look, but it is just awesome being able to just go run and not have to worry about what street/route to follow.

Yeah, it's also great for running out of town. Glad the inserts are working.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I ran a 5k farklet session this morning, while my wife crossed the 2 mile mark in her training. She's just trying to get ready for the Everest challenge distance wise, as I'm using the off season to try and work on my overall speed.

joel_maxwell

I ran a 5k farklet session this morning, while my wife crossed the 2 mile mark in her training. She's just trying to get ready for the Everest challenge distance wise, as I'm using the off season to try and work on my overall speed.
Good luck. I did that last year and it made the world of difference all fall and this past winter. Doing sprints in the summer heat around here was brutal. :lol:

scorp111

3.25 @9:29 pace, that includes the cool down. Did the 5K in 28:22.
Calf was fine for the first two miles, felt a little something at that point, but it didn't worsen and I finished fine.

Foam rolled it afterwards, so I will see how it feels tomorrow.

I did the run on the TM, only so I could abort it if need be. Feeling a bit out of running shape right now, as I only 10 miles in the last 7 days. But as long it continues to get better, I should be progressing again soon. Still 9 1/2 weeks (that would make a great movie title :lookaroun) until Nashville, and I know I can do the half, just want to be able to be in better condition than I was for my first.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
3 Miles last night per the schedule. 70 degrees outside so my pace felt like around 7:30 but it was actually 8:00. Damn heat. We went from 30 highs to 70 high with no transition to spring. Kills the pace.

Jill, the inserts seem to have worked beautifully. No soreness this am. None. Ill continue this week running on all flat ground to give it some extra healing time.

Also, last night was the first run with my Garmin. Love love love it. Im still getting a custom to it and all the techy stuff it does and setting up how I like my front screen to look, but it is just awesome being able to just go run and not have to worry about what street/route to follow.

Ha! I knew you would love it. The feedback is just amazing after having it for a year...now only if they made it with a battery to last 30+ hours.
Oh, and switch out the strap with a velcro one from EMS or any other sports place, because the rubber thing that comes with it is crap. Mine split and broke after 2 weeks.

11.05 miles yesterday
11.03 miles Monday
10.10 miles Sunday

Coach81

Ladies and gentlemen... I now know anything is possible....

For most of my life I've HATED running... to get me to jog a mile was nearly impossible.. but things started to change. Over the last few years, I had finally gotten to the point that I could do about a mile consistently. Over the last several months I've really began to enjoy it.. and I've started to really challenge myself, and push my body..

This morning I got up at 4:15 and ran over 5 miles (5.11 to be exact) at a 9:43 average pace...when I finally saw that I had eclipsed the 5 mile mark.. I was overwhelmed.. I NEVER thought that I would EVER be able to accomplish such a feat...

I felt fantastic.. the first 3 miles did not seem to bother me at all... as I approached the 3.75 mile mark I started to feel it.. but I pushed on...

One thing to note.. as soon as I finished and for a few mins after I cooled down I smelled an ammonia scent when I breathed in.. is this normal???

Other than my right knee feeling just a bit funny at the end.. I felt really strong throughout..

Amazing.. absolutely amazing..

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.. as always I welcome your comments, suggestions, and feedback.

joel_maxwell

[/B]

Ha! I knew you would love it. The feedback is just amazing after having it for a year...now only if they made it with a battery to last 30+ hours.
Oh, and switch out the strap with a velcro one from EMS or any other sports place, because the rubber thing that comes with it is crap. Mine split and broke after 2 weeks.

11.05 miles yesterday
11.03 miles Monday
10.10 miles Sunday
I might have to check into this... The band is the only thing that doesnt get an A+ rating.

For most of my life I've HATED running... to get me to jog a mile was nearly impossible.. but things started to change. Over the last few years, I had finally gotten to the point that I could do about a mile consistently. Over the last several months I've really began to enjoy it.. and I've started to really challenge myself, and push my body..

This morning I got up at 4:15 and ran over 5 miles (5.11 to be exact) at a 9:43 average pace...when I finally saw that I had eclipsed the 5 mile mark.. I was overwhelmed.. I NEVER thought that I would EVER be able to accomplish such a feat...

I felt fantastic.. the first 3 miles did not seem to bother me at all... as I approached the 3.75 mile mark I started to feel it.. but I pushed on...

One thing to note.. as soon as I finished and for a few mins after I cooled down I smelled an ammonia scent when I breathed in.. is this normal???

Other than my right knee feeling just a bit funny at the end.. I felt really strong throughout..

Thanks everyone for your encouragement.. as always I welcome your comments, suggestions, and feedback.
Wow. Congrats on pushing past your previous best into a new distance.

Your sweat will smell like ammonia only if an excessive amount of amino acids are being used for energy, or you are not receiving adequate water. Your body has to dispense of ammonia is through urine or sweat. It is normal. What is your carb intake like. Are you on a low carb diet to lose weight? If so, that is why you will smell enhanced ammonia. Beef up that carb intake. If you want to burn more fat than carbs, you might have to deal with the ammonia smell. It isnt a health risk to my knowledge.... just a smelling one.

Coach81

I might have to check into this... The band is the only thing that doesnt get an A+ rating.

Wow. Congrats on pushing past your previous best into a new distance.

Your sweat will smell like ammonia only if an excessive amount of amino acids are being used for energy, or you are not receiving adequate water. Your body has to dispense of ammonia is through urine or sweat. It is normal. What is your carb intake like. Are you on a low carb diet to lose weight? If so, that is why you will smell enhanced ammonia. Beef up that carb intake. If you want to burn more fat than carbs, you might have to deal with the ammonia smell. It isnt a health risk to my knowledge.... just a smelling one.

Thank you, Jmaxwell!!! Yes.. I live a "Primal" way of life.. I don't take in many carbs at all.. thanks for the info on the ammonia.. that explains it!!!

JillC LI

Congratulations Coach! You earned all the pride you feel. I can so relate to everything you said. I was the girl who got a fake note from my doctor in high school to get out of having to run "The Mile." Boy, my high school gym teacher wouldn't believe all that I've done since then! LOL. I remember so clearly my first 5 mile run. I remember the time of day (early morning too), the time of the year (May 1996), the location (the neighborhood I was living with my soon-to-be husband), and most of all the incredible pride (not to mention a touch of shock) I felt afterwards. Good for you for sticking with it. :sohappy:

As Joel said, nothing to worry about with the ammonia smell, especially in light of your no carb diet. Just jump in the shower real quick! :lol:

joel_maxwell

Thank you, Jmaxwell!!! Yes.. I live a "Primal" way of life.. I don't take in many carbs at all.. thanks for the info on the ammonia.. that explains it!!!
You can call me Joel. Less to type. :D

You save all the carbs for me. I have always wanted a shirt that said, "I love Carbs"

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

You save all the carbs for me. I have always wanted a shirt that said, "I love Carbs"

Ditto. Love me some carbs, but I hate going into the local bagle shop and scarffing down 3 power bagles in front of folks who, well, should not be eating 3 bagles...:lookaroun
I get some pretty nasty looks because the amount I eat I should be 500 pounds, yet I'm only 126. I will not wear that shirt Joel, into that coffee shop :D

Coach81

LOL too funny Joel!!!

[/B]

Ditto. Love me some carbs, but I hate going into the local bagle shop and scarffing down 3 power bagles in front of folks who, well, should not be eating 3 bagles...:lookaroun
I get some pretty nasty looks because the amount I eat I should be 500 pounds, yet I'm only 126. I will not wear that shirt Joel, into that coffee shop :D

Speaking of carbs and fitness.. I'm going for a very, very lean look by May first.. the plan is to be 175 by May first.. (my lightest weight ever).. I'm about 15 lbs away as of now..
How much does all the running you guys do allow you to maintain.. your fitness.. i.e. how many of you have reached your "fitness goals" with your running routines?

My plan tomorrow morning- I'm going to do about 35 mins of intense cardio.. then I'm going to shoot for my fastest 1 mile run.. ever.. going to try to beat my best time of 9 mins flat.. wish me luck!!!

Phonedave

[/B]

What, may I ask, is a power bagel ?

-dave

Phonedave

LOL too funny Joel!!!

Speaking of carbs and fitness.. I'm going for a very, very lean look by May first.. the plan is to be 175 by May first.. (my lightest weight ever).. I'm about 15 lbs away as of now..
How much does all the running you guys do allow you to maintain.. your fitness.. i.e. how many of you have reached your "fitness goals" with your running routines?

My plan tomorrow morning- I'm going to do about 35 mins of intense cardio.. then I'm going to shoot for my fastest 1 mile run.. ever.. going to try to beat my best time of 9 mins flat.. wish me luck!!!

It helps a LOT. I haven't been running much as of late, and it's killing me. When running, I can eat quite a bit, and still maintain. When not running, I have to be careful. Hopefully the weather will turn nice and whatever is up with my whole right thigh / knee / calf/ foot will work it's way out. I really should just committ to complete rest for it. But then I never listen to myself (Now my arch hurts after TKD last night), all kinds of crazy going on in the foot.

-dave

JillC LI

What, may I ask, is a power bagel ?

-dave

I was kinda wondering the same thing, but then I figured it had something to do with carb-loading before or during a 30+ mile training run ... aka something I'll never experience.

And yeah, add me to those who love carbs as well. I could never do the Atkins or South Beach diet.

Running definitely helps me maintain my fitness level. My cardio-vascular system is stronger now than it was when I was half the age I am now. That's not to say I eat particularly nutritiously. I don't, and the reason I can get away with it is because I run.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
I was kinda wondering the same thing, but then I figured it had something to do with carb-loading before or during a 30+ mile training run ... aka something I'll never experience.

And yeah, add me to those who love carbs as well. I could never do the Atkins or South Beach diet.

Running definitely helps me maintain my fitness level. My cardio-vascular system is stronger now than it was when I was half the age I am now. That's not to say I eat particularly nutritiously. I don't, and the reason I can get away with it is because I run.

Dave and Jill: it's a whole wheat bagle with craisins, sunflower seeds and other junk...local place around the corner from me makes them. Good stuff and full of carbs and calories!

Coach81

This morning... did 35 mins of intense full-body cardio which really wiped me out.. then I proceeded to go out and right after.. run my fastest mile time ever.. 8:55.. again.. not overly fast by most people's standards.. but considering how exhausted I was when I started.. I was pretty pumped..

Have a great weekend everyone.. going to see what my goals are for next week.. strongly considering a repeat of the 5 miler...

joel_maxwell

4 miles yesterday at lunch. Holy cow. Im not ready for 70 degree weather. 8:30 average. Felt brutally hot. No fun.... yet. Ill get use to it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom