What did you do?

JillC LI

That is funny. I dont mind my head thinking about other stuff. Ill settle my mind and think of nice calm things eg: What color would I like to paint the nursery? Then I imagine the 100's of different paint colors. Sometimes, on long runs, Ill find myself having one sided conversations with Sam (all inside my head of course). I think it is like future conversations that I know are going to take place (eg: nursery colors) and I am going on my point of views on it. :lookaroun

Does that make crazy? Anyone else do this?

OMG, I have one-sided mental conversations with people all the time on my runs! Sometimes it's coming up with a good zinger response to a person that I didn't have at the time they ed me off. Other times it will be planning a conversation that I intend to have with my husband or my mother/father or the kids or my boss. Sometimes I'll imagine a situation I'd like to be in and how I would want to handle it. Usually I'm cooler and more suave in my own head than I am in real life. Unless I'm listening to a book on tape on my Nano, I can rarely stop my mind from wandering on outdoor runs (indoor ones are in front of the TV). Sometimes the thoughts aren't even conscious as I run, but I'll realize when I get back that I'm no longer mad about whatever it was that may have gotten me upset before a run or I have the solution to a problem that I don't remember trying to resolve while I was running. Ain't running great?!

JillC LI

Thanks Jill. I know I always post "big" numbers, but believe me, it's not easy. Time and my mental hang-ups are always an issue. My body does take a beating, but it is so worth it when my last step hits the driveway.
The ultra is going to be he hardest thing I've done so far, so my nerves are a little shakey. I'll def be posting pics and perhaps some video after. Thanks again everyone for such a wonderful community!

I don't run nearly as far or often as you, but I know what you mean about how your runs feeling worth it as soon as they are over. I cannot remember EVER thinking "Gee, I wish I hadn't finished that run." It's knowing that I will feel that way that gets me out of bed and out the door many mornings.

Can't wait to hear about your ultra and see the pics!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
OMG, I have one-sided mental conversations with people all the time on my runs! Sometimes it's coming up with a good zinger response to a person that I didn't have at the time they ed me off. Other times it will be planning a conversation that I intend to have with my husband or my mother/father or the kids or my boss. Sometimes I'll imagine a situation I'd like to be in and how I would want to handle it. Usually I'm cooler and more suave in my own head than I am in real life. Unless I'm listening to a book on tape on my Nano, I can rarely stop my mind from wandering on outdoor runs (indoor ones are in front of the TV). Sometimes the thoughts aren't even conscious as I run, but I'll realize when I get back that I'm no longer mad about whatever it was that may have gotten me upset before a run or I have the solution to a problem that I don't remember trying to resolve while I was running. Ain't running great?!
That is me too. I think my responses at times come off so calculated and suave because I have rehearsed them, really figured out how I felt about a situation before I opened my mouth.

If I could only do this in all situations. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Art. I'm a full time artist, so compositions, and ideas I think about constantly.

My head wanders though. Lately it has been keeping me unfocused. But there is some weird crap that my head goes to on long runs.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
oh, and just short run today because I had to teach a class. Given my regular big numbers, I won't post this run; it's relatively laughable.

Negative 10 degrees this morning...my nose almost fell off :eek:.

scorp111

5 miles @ 9:31 pace....

Just trying to ease back into it this week. Overall felt pretty good. I also started doing some core/upper body stuff, so my arms/chest probably feel worse than my legs right now :shrug:

Texas84

Just trying to ease back into it this week. Overall felt pretty good. I also started doing some core/upper body stuff, so my arms/chest probably feel worse than my legs right now :shrug:

Your 'easing back' is better than my 100%. :D

joel_maxwell

Art. I'm a full time artist, so compositions, and ideas I think about constantly.

My head wanders though. Lately it has been keeping me unfocused. But there is some weird crap that my head goes to on long runs.
I think about projects all the time too. Either the day job design projects, the home projects or the super fun extra projects. All forms/mediums of art Ill think about and what I want to do next. After that, I envision it for a few miles. That of course is after I have had the one sided conversation with Sam about where we will hang it. :lol:

Nice Run.

Your 'easing back' is better than my 100%. :D
:lol:

joel_maxwell

6 Miles tonight. Second run since I started back from my injury and it felt pretty good. I was a little more gased from a cardiovascular standpoint, and my legs were not as strong as they were 3 weeks ago obviously, but Ill take a good pace, not pushing super hard but not strolling.

7:55 pace over 6 miles.

Kristia

Which one did you buy? I was looking at buying something, and this does look like it would help a lot, and the design looks easier to use than regular roller since it has the individual spindles. I definitely could have used something for my calves after my first half!
Today they seem to have finally loosened up a bit.

I forget the exact model, but it was one of the longer ones because my husband is taller and they recommended it due to his height. The rep said if he needed it for his back then he would need the length. We were using a rolling pin at home but this works much better! They are a little pricey but worth the cost!

Kristia

Which one did you buy? I was looking at buying something, and this does look like it would help a lot, and the design looks easier to use than regular roller since it has the individual spindles. I definitely could have used something for my calves after my first half!
Today they seem to have finally loosened up a bit.

Almost forgot too...we bought the Pro Stretch calf stretcher about a year ago. That is awesome for calves!

JillC LI

oh, and just short run today because I had to teach a class. Given my regular big numbers, I won't post this run; it's relatively laughable.

Negative 10 degrees this morning...my nose almost fell off :eek:.

No distance in negative ten degree weather is laughable!

Any chance that Donald Duck picture next to your screen name is your own artwork?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
No distance in negative ten degree weather is laughable!

Any chance that Donald Duck picture next to your screen name is your own artwork?

Sorry Jill, I cannot take credit for that Donald painting! Though I did submit work for the D23 magazine Donald Anniversary competition...I didn't win, but I think the winner's work was awful. Also have Donald tattooed twice(soon to be 3) on me.
But, my work is contemporary and a far departure from anything "Disney."
I'll send you my website and exhibition schedule if you would like...hope you are not easily offended!

Phonedave

Sorry Jill, I cannot take credit for that Donald painting! Though I did submit work for the D23 magazine Donald Anniversary competition...I didn't win, but I think the winner's work was awful. Also have Donald tattooed twice(soon to be 3) on me.
I'll send you my website and exhibition schedule if you would like...hope you are not easily offended!

Send it this way as well.

Thanks

joel_maxwell

It is so not offensive Nick. But I think the warning is a nice gesture.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It is so not offensive Nick. But I think the warning is a nice gesture.

I sometimes forget some of the pieces I choose to put on my website...those are pretty tame. People who are really into Austrian Expressionism and Contemporary art reallly dig the gritty stuff, and they have them in their collection.

Art aside...

10.60 miles this morning. I had mentioned before that I got the new updated Nathan Endurance (from the HPL #020) race vest. Excellent upgrades, but one item still bothered me...so I made a modification to the new vest, and now I'm a happy camper.

The gairers I ordered also came in the mail today, so that makes me happy as well.

6-10miles tomorrow and a 30 miler on Saturday.

Cheers!

JillC LI

Yes, I'd love to see it! And I don't offend easily :)

joel_maxwell

I sometimes forget some of the pieces I choose to put on my website...those are pretty tame. People who are really into Austrian Expressionism and Contemporary art reallly dig the gritty stuff, and they have them in their collection.

Art aside...

10.60 miles this morning. I had mentioned before that I got the new updated Nathan Endurance (from the HPL #020) race vest. Excellent upgrades, but one item still bothered me...so I made a modification to the new vest, and now I'm a happy camper.

The gairers I ordered also came in the mail today, so that makes me happy as well.

6-10miles tomorrow and a 30 miler on Saturday.

Cheers!
Good deal on the gear.

Yes, I'd love to see it! And I don't offend easily :)
Neither do I. :D

3 miles tonight. 7:40 pace. Felt good.

scorp111

Didn't like this run at all for the first mile or so, I wasn't dressed for it (colder than I anticipated), and just wasn't feeling it. But, then it felt a little better, and I was able to get a nice 4 mile progressive run in...
Splits:
1 09:33
2 09:29
3 09:01
4 08:33
Have a great Friday everyone!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom