What did you do?

scorp111

Whoops! Sorry guys. I meant 18 miles. I had my 2.5 year old sitting in my lap while posting and I guess she saw the 2:2 in my time and blurted out 22 and I typed that. :eek:

I meant 18 miles in 2:27:00. Scorp, lord, when I saw your "Under 7 minutes..." I doubled checked everything.

See above. What a BAD BAD BAD typo!

Well I am still impressed :) And I knew you were always quick, but 8 and change is different than sub seven for sure :)

scorp111

4.25 @ 9:20 pace....

I did a 5K split in 27:20 and the first mile in 8:20

Indoors on a treadmill...Dark when I got home, and in 35 degree rain, I wasn't going outside tonight.

I also recieved my first real "running" shorts from Sports Authority in the post, now just to buy the 305 :)

bellissimo

.5 warm up, stretch, then 50 minutes at an 8:40 pace. still sooo sore from the half, haha. my calves are constantly on fire! (not literally, of course)

JillC LI

Another outdoor run navigating snow drifts and ice slicks yesterday. It's killing my knees to run like that. But at least I got outdoors again as another nor'easter is heading our way with 8-20" of snow anticipated! Enough with the snow already! It's only January. Sigh.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Another outdoor run navigating snow drifts and ice slicks yesterday. It's killing my knees to run like that. But at least I got outdoors again as another nor'easter is heading our way with 8-20" of snow anticipated! Enough with the snow already! It's only January. Sigh.
I did 5 miles today in slush, snow and ice. I followed the tire marks in the road so it was a little compacted. It was not fun and my ankles hurt pretty bad.

I wish this snow would melt and go away. I have 9 tomorrow. :mad:

joel_maxwell

9 miles last night with about a 8:15 pace. I have this nasty pain in my left outside lower ankle. It doesnt feel like it is my ankle, but more on the outside of my hell. I am being patient since it has only been 24 hours, but im starting to get a little antsy about it. Lord, I hope it isnt anything major.

It might be a casualty of running in the snow Tuesday. :brick:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
9 miles last night with about a 8:15 pace. I have this nasty pain in my left outside lower ankle. It doesnt feel like it is my ankle, but more on the outside of my hell. I am being patient since it has only been 24 hours, but im starting to get a little antsy about it. Lord, I hope it isnt anything major.

It might be a casualty of running in the snow Tuesday. :brick:

Snowshoes, Joel, snowshoes. I don't mind running through the snow and slush, but when there's a chunk of snow that looks like a puffy cotton-ball that I can just demolish when I step on it, and it turns out to be a rock solid ice chunk, that's not pretty.

10.30 miles this morning.

Cheers.

joel_maxwell

Snowshoes, Joel, snowshoes. I don't mind running through the snow and slush, but when there's a chunk of snow that looks like a puffy cotton-ball that I can just demolish when I step on it, and it turns out to be a rock solid ice chunk, that's not pretty.

10.30 miles this morning.

Cheers.
I actually ran in a single track where vehicles had made the snow/ice almost disappear, but I still ran a lot on snow and I think I might have pulled something or strained something. The location is weird on my foot. Im about to google me some foot muscle diagrams. :D

joel_maxwell

I think I might have diagnosed my problem from a PT friend. Achilles tendinitis. Yea. Nothing I cant work through. I've had it before, other foot.

5 miles tonight. 7:24 pace

scorp111

Treadmill again tonight for me, and short, only 3.75 miles.

Did the first mile in 7:45, the 2nd in 8:05, and 5K in 25:37, so I was happy with that at least, 8:39 pace overall.

12 miles is the plan for Saturday. 2 weeks until I do my first sub 30:00 5k *fingers crossed* and 3 weeks until my first half.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Resting for the week after running my first Goofy this past weekend.

For the week?!?! I would be going out of my mind! Granted, I took a couple days off while I was down for marathon weekend, but I was ok because we were walking around Epcot and MK alot.

Congratulations on the Goofy though! I'll be doing that in 2012...sauntering around MK with 3 medals jangling.

Phonedave

I'll be back out this weekend. The top of my right foot still hurts. It has hurt since the marathon. At the rate it is getting better I am saying a bad bruise as opposed to a stress fracture.

I'll keep it light - maybe 6 miles or so.

Signed up for a 5K on Feb 12.

2011 Phidippides Award status:

4 points completed (WDW Marathon)
1 point scheduled (Cupid's Chase National 5K)

Requirements
12 points = Bronze
16 points = Silver
20 points = Gold

This is my new motivator for 2011

-dave

MKCP 1985

I'll be back out this weekend. The top of my right foot still hurts. It has hurt since the marathon. At the rate it is getting better I am saying a bad bruise as opposed to a stress fracture.

I'll keep it light - maybe 6 miles or so.

Signed up for a 5K on Feb 12.

2011 Phidippides Award status:

4 points completed (WDW Marathon)
1 point scheduled (Cupid's Chase National 5K)

Requirements
12 points = Bronze
16 points = Silver
20 points = Gold

This is my new motivator for 2011

-dave

Hey, that is awesome, Dave! You are off to a great start. Is there a link to join for 2011? All the links I have found reference the 2010 year, but also an end of January enrollment deadline. Maybe it isn't too late to get in on this if a person can find a current application. Thanks!

JillC LI

I think I might have diagnosed my problem from a PT friend. Achilles tendinitis. Yea. Nothing I cant work through. I've had it before, other foot.

5 miles tonight. 7:24 pace

One of the very few runs I did not finish and literally had to hobble home from was when I pulled my achilles tendon. After that injury I added a few stretches just for that location to my very short warmup routine, and I've never had a problem since then. Hope you feel better quick!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom