What did you do?

imagination30

I haven't ran since Friday night at wdw .. I had to test my legs so I ran from the grand flordian to the poly boat dock... , I got to admit it was very pretty though there.. , I had to cut my run short , bc we had dinner res. at grand flordian cafe

Texas84

Taking the week off to rest for the Robins AFB Museum of Aviation half this Saturday. I've done that in the past for big runs and it's worked well for me. Forecast is high 20's at start. Should be a fast run.

But they just announced due to flood damage on base that they changed the 13.1 loop to an out and back. Bummer. The marathon runners will have to do two out and backs and that could be a mess getting around the turtles.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Just about 20 miles on the trails this morning before work. Mud, stream crossings, hills, speed work and bushwhacking...ok, so someone on FB asked me what bushwhacking was in reference to my running posts: running off trail, through brush, pickers and areas where there is no trail with lots of foliage, plant growth, or any obstacle that needs crawling under, over or sucking it up, and pushing right through it...like the pickers ;-)

ChristaH

I have been completely lazy and not run one step since the half last Saturday. But that must end today. I very briefly considered running the Louisiana Half this week (some one as @a2grafix ) but I just have too much catching up to do at home and work. So I registered for the New Orleans Rock n Roll on Feb. 2. Two weeks away so I'm trying to figure out how far I should run this weekend and next. I'm thinking 10 - 11 this weekend, 7 - 8 next weekend, with some 3 - 4's during the week. That should keep my stamina up enough to finish, huh? And by "finish"....I mean run the whole thing, not the first 10.5 miles then run/walk the end! Finish strong!

Also need to experiment some with fuel. I've been using a couple of different flavors of regular GU, but they upset my stomach. It was bad during the race last week. On my long runs, I had been doing one around 45 minutes and another an hour later. When it got time to take the second one, just the thought of it made me sick and I could only force down about half of it. I'm sure that contributed to my general breakdown near the end. I did some research and found some recommendations that Hammer gels are a little easier on the tummy, so I picked up a couple to try this weekend. Any other suggestions would be welcomed!

And welcome to Baton Rouge, a2. Hope you enjoy our fair city this weekend. Let me know if you need anything while you are here!

Sumrdog

I have been completely lazy and not run one step since the half last Saturday. But that must end today. I very briefly considered running the Louisiana Half this week (some one as @a2grafix ) but I just have too much catching up to do at home and work. So I registered for the New Orleans Rock n Roll on Feb. 2. Two weeks away so I'm trying to figure out how far I should run this weekend and next. I'm thinking 10 - 11 this weekend, 7 - 8 next weekend, with some 3 - 4's during the week. That should keep my stamina up enough to finish, huh? And by "finish"....I mean run the whole thing, not the first 10.5 miles then run/walk the end! Finish strong!

Also need to experiment some with fuel. I've been using a couple of different flavors of regular GU, but they upset my stomach. It was bad during the race last week. On my long runs, I had been doing one around 45 minutes and another an hour later. When it got time to take the second one, just the thought of it made me sick and I could only force down about half of it. I'm sure that contributed to my general breakdown near the end. I did some research and found some recommendations that Hammer gels are a little easier on the tummy, so I picked up a couple to try this weekend. Any other suggestions would be welcomed!

And welcome to Baton Rouge, a2. Hope you enjoy our fair city this weekend. Let me know if you need anything while you are here!
I cannot stomach any of the GU's or Hammer Gels, they are sweetened with maltodextrin and they just make me so ill, I want to vomit. I prefer plain old children's gummy fruit snacks, sport beans and cliff blocks. I take about 2-4 of them depending on the size about every 3-4 miles, with a little water. I also like plain old 100% fruit leathers, raisins and if I am going over 16 miles a few pretzels too. I don't think fuel is much use if it makes you sick. Keep experimenting until you figure out what works with your stomach.
Good luck on your half!

imagination30

I cannot stomach any of the GU's or Hammer Gels, they are sweetened with maltodextrin and they just make me so ill, I want to vomit. I prefer plain old children's gummy fruit snacks, sport beans and cliff blocks. I take about 2-4 of them depending on the size about every 3-4 miles, with a little water. I also like plain old 100% fruit leathers, raisins and if I am going over 16 miles a few pretzels too. I don't think fuel is much use if it makes you sick. Keep experimenting until you figure out what works with your stomach.
Good luck on your half!
sumrdog , I tried the Gatorade chew for my race in oct . I thought I would do okay with them I was wrong .. it dried out my mouth , but on the other hand the gels they gave us this past weekend were amazing . I told my parents that im going to start trying them at races now.. , bc I still had some left when I crossed the finish line bc the girl had given me like 7, so on the way back to the monorail I popt my last one! ... yumm.. I guess that's why I was so wired the rest of the day didn't require a nap! haha!

bethram

sumrdog , I tried the Gatorade chew for my race in oct . I thought I would do okay with them I was wrong .. it dried out my mouth , but on the other hand the gels they gave us this past weekend were amazing . I told my parents that im going to start trying them at races now.. , bc I still had some left when I crossed the finish line bc the girl had given me like 7, so on the way back to the monorail I popt my last one! ... yumm.. I guess that's why I was so wired the rest of the day didn't require a nap! haha!

What kind did they hand out at the race? I think they gave out Gu at the 2011 Princess.

bethram

13.5 rough miles this morning at 9:38 pace. I don't know if it was because I ran yesterday and I don't normally run the day before my long run or because it was cold. It was 27 when I set out and 24 when I got home with a wind chill of 19 and fairly windy at times.

I'm hoping to take advantage of not having school on Monday and run 6+ miles instead of my normal 4.1.

ChristaH

What kind did they hand out at the race? I think they gave out Gu at the 2011 Princess.

They gave out GU's at the race...several different flavored. I think I got a blackberry one. If the Hammer gels don't work out any better then I will try beans or something else. I had tried the Gatorade chews before but I found I was not coordinated enough to run, chew and breathe at the same time! Maybe something smaller will work. Thanks for the ideas.

Texas84

Robins AFB Museum of Aviation Half today. Shattered my PR set at DL last fall by almost 8 minutes, 2:10:30. Was on a sub two hour pace but couldn't keep it the last two miles. Team RWB was out in force.
RAFBbling.jpg
Nice place to stage a race. Packet pick-up was under an SR-71. My Dad trained in the T-33 (pic 2) and moved to navigation when he overshot a runway and went into a fence. There was no damage to him or the T-33. :D
WP_20140118_012.jpg WP_20140118_016.jpg WP_20140118_020.jpg WP_20140118_022.jpg WP_20140118_009.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom