What did you do?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
83810082.jpg

imagination30

my first run since the half .. and it was 41 degrees , but it felt like 10 with the wind.. , but as I pushed though the wind I thought of Disney world last sat. . I did 6.13 miles! plus some weight lifting when I got back to

LindsayLoves

Planned - 8 miles - 1 mile for every hour I worked today

Actual - 8.05 mi @ 9:03/mi, trying to take the long runs on this training cycle easy as Mr Higdon recommends and saving speed for my speed days. The only pushing I did was on the three big hills to keep my pace somewhat consistent, totally based on feel as I didn't glance at my watch until 7.89 miles to see how much farther I had to go.

Kristia

@Texas84 - my husband was seriously jealous of that medal. Good job on shattering that previous PR!
@ChristaH - None of the products make me sick (at least all that I have tried) but I prefer the GU Chomps. I take 2 or 3 every few miles if I am doing over 10 miles. Sometimes I will take them during a walk break or water stop or run and eat but it definitely takes some of my wind away for a couple minutes after I eat them. I try to eat them kind of slowly so it doesn't zap my energy too much.

JillC LI

@Texas84 congrats on blasting that PR! Way to go.
Woke up with that pain in the ball of my foot again today. It hasn't gone away completely for over a week but today it is bad again - mostly behind my third and fourth toes. I have no idea what this is, but I am going to put on my running clothes now and go do the 8 miles I planned for today. It's not so bad that I can't run on it. Wish I knew what was causing it though. My shoes have under 500 miles on them so I'm not leaning towards lack of cushioning. Hmmmm.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Saturday morning was glorious. 23 at start. Did 3 good climbs over 18 miles on the trails. Schedule called for 15, but you know how that goes. Course ran short that we picked out for a 20, but its ok. I beat my training partners up all 3 climbs by a solid 4-6 minutes each time.

15 miles this evening. Legs feel great and not fatigued or sore. I think all the squats and gym work is really paying off with the climbing.

LindsayLoves

@Texas84 - Congrats on the PR and thanks for sharing the photos, way different from most packet pickups I've been to before.

@ChristaH - If you are looking for something smaller than shot blocks try something like Swedish fish size, large enough not to swallow and choke on but they don't require that much chewing. I like @Kristia use Gu Chomps, but they are not the easiest to get down if you are breathing hard (say an uphill). I have thought of changing to something else but 1. why mess with it if its works and 2. I like portioning it out over time as opposed to slamming down a Gu all at once, purely mental on my part

@JillC LI - have you gotten new everyday shoes? I have found that my feet don't like me changing up my day to day footwear, I don't feel anything bad until I run which is the precise time I don't want my feet bothering me.

JillC LI

@JillC LI - have you gotten new everyday shoes? I have found that my feet don't like me changing up my day to day footwear, I don't feel anything bad until I run which is the precise time I don't want my feet bothering me.

It's a good question, and one I did think of, but no. And I don't wear high heels almost ever.

8 mile run went really well and the soreness went away completely after the first mile (kind of like PT does in the heel while running), but it is back now. Gonna scour the web for some info.

ChristaH

10.8 miles tonight at just under 12min/mile pace. Hammer gels were no better. Beans. I think I'll try beans next.

I had a small gift certificate from Academy Sports burning a hole in my pocket, so I went wandering around there to see what I could find. I bought a pair of Thorlo socks after seeing them recommended here. I got the Runner Protection ones that have a lot of cushion. They felt great! Y'all have turned me into a running gear geek.

JillC LI

OK, I'm pretty sure I have metatarsalgia which is a fancy word for pain in the metatarsals of the foot. It can be caused by a number of things, but given when the pain does and does not occur, in my case it's probably a bone bruise of the 3rd and 4th metatarsals (from what I don't know). Should heal by itself but I can alleviate the pain with metatarsal pads in my regular shoes. The pain probably subsided in my running shoes while I ran because of the extra cushioning. Now to find metatarsal pads . . .

bethram

OK, I'm pretty sure I have metatarsalgia which is a fancy word for pain in the metatarsals of the foot. It can be caused by a number of things, but given when the pain does and does not occur, in my case it's probably a bone bruise of the 3rd and 4th metatarsals (from what I don't know). Should heal by itself but I can alleviate the pain with metatarsal pads in my regular shoes. The pain probably subsided in my running shoes while I ran because of the extra cushioning. Now to find metatarsal pads . . .
I hope you're right and the metatarsal pads help!

bethram

6.23 miles at 9:23 pace, first run with my Camelbak. I've never been great about hydrating during long runs because I hate holding bottles and I think a fuel belt would drive me nuts, I think this is going to work. I didn't have it full today so it was a bit noisy, but easy enough to tune out. Now, I've got to figure out how to make sure the tubing doesn't freeze - I think our bike store should have something, they have plenty of Camelbak accessories and parts.

dreamfinder

Wrapped up Dopey, half and full were about as expected but not what I wanted, 5k and 10k were with my DW so her pace, not mine. A week of heavy park touring, to keep loose. Sat was 7mi of negative splits, Sun was 10mi of negative splits, followed by 7.75mi on the bike. Need to hop right back in for an upcoming half.

Great to see some new PRs recently, always good to hear.

What kind did they hand out at the race? I think they gave out Gu at the 2011 Princess.

Clif Shots as Clif is a sponsor. Usually Citrus, Berry? Vanilla and Mocha. Citrsu 25mg caffeine, Mocha 50mg caffeine, I think the Berry and Vanilla are straight up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom