What did you do?

bethram

16.3 miles at 9:34 pace this morning, thinking of the marathon runners in WDW as I went. It felt good to get off the treadmill, but I could tell I hadn't run hills all week.

I'm glad I decided not to run yesterday morning as it poured on and off all night Friday night and within 2 minutes of getting out of bed at 7:30 (sleeping in for me) my phone was beeping at me that there was a tornado warning for my area. We had a fun 30 minutes where they sky went from still pretty dark to weird yellow then dim again when the rain and wind picked up. Luckily we only had a thunderstorm and the possible tornadoes were about 10 miles north of us.

Texas84

10 miles this morning. Meh time. Just wasn't in to it. Big time weather warm-up. Started at 40F and ended at 60. Nice breeze kept me from overheating.

About mile 7 my run mix played some Linkin Park with these lyrics: "You can't run the race, the pace is too fast, you just won't last." Might have to remove that track. :D

Kristia

Did a measly 2 miles today with my dogs. Yikes they are tough to run with! I got a new buddy leash system for Christmas which is really just a belt with clips for the leashes. The first mile, I think my one dog was training to be a sled dog as she was pulling me and I was leaning against her. The male was also pulling. Quite a workout! They did better on the way back but boy was I beat! Going to run tomorrow to get a better run in minus dogs. They will be sad though!

a2grafix

First off, congrats to all the runners at this weekend's WDW Marathon weekend! Might join you in 2015 for the WDW Half.

After 6 days at the station dealing with the effects of the polar vortex, first full week after the holidays, 4 hours sleep late Friday night, and a long, long day at the base I went to sleep Saturday after my 4.17 mile run through Downtown Memphis and along the Mississippi River. When it was cold (got down to 9F in Memphis late Monday) I stayed indoors and did some P90X routines (KenpoX and CardioX). Awesome stuff.

Next weekend it's for a real. A return to Baton Rouge and The Half at the Louisiana Marathon, where it all started.

Attachments

• 4point17.jpg
    4point17.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 23

Mr mom

Did a measly 2 miles today with my dogs. Yikes they are tough to run with! I got a new buddy leash system for Christmas which is really just a belt with clips for the leashes. The first mile, I think my one dog was training to be a sled dog as she was pulling me and I was leaning against her. The male was also pulling. Quite a workout! They did better on the way back but boy was I beat! Going to run tomorrow to get a better run in minus dogs. They will be sad though!

Yeah, I don't run with my little guy too often, the whole idea of stopping to pee every ten feet or sniff something kinda kills it. I don't call running with him running but I do take him out and get him good and tired a lot, lol

Kristia

Yeah, I don't run with my little guy too often, the whole idea of stopping to pee every ten feet or sniff something kinda kills it. I don't call running with him running but I do take him out and get him good and tired a lot, lol
I think that is what I have to do. Not plan it as an actual run. Maybe a prequel to my run....although they thoroughly tire me out! I am hoping they will get the hang of it the more I take them.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
We had a great course set for Saturday morning. Until the rain and lightning came in at 4am. Blew the power, kids woke up and Mr Toby was laying on top of me convulsing scared. What a wuss. Anyway, Matt and I called off Sat morning and I ran local. It wasnt fun, but I went into the neighborhhod next door and did some hill work. 9 miles. Scheduled called for 6 (no way im only doing 6)

Tonight, schedule called for 6 again... I think not. Did 9 miles of speed work. I typically dont do speed work, so lets just say I ran faster than normal.

Gym tomorrow.

Congrats to all those finishing their first Half or Full. Dont reach that pinnacle and quit. At least keep trying to maintain what you have EARNED!

Kristia

Did 3 miles before work today then took the pups out for a cool down mile walk. Brrrrr....25 degrees but at least there was no wind and I was warm enough about half way through to take off my gloves. I have decided after seriously slacking for a bit that my goal for this year is to run at least 4 days a week. Lets see how long I can stick to that. I don't have any long races till May, so it has been a little tough getting motivated in this schizophrenic weather we have been having.

LindsayLoves

Planned - 3.5 miles easy

Actual - 4.03 miles at the very easy pace of 9:27/mile. By killing my legs yesterday with lots of new and challenging strength exercises I was very willing and able to take it slow today, took about a mile to break up the lactic acid and get somewhat comfortable.

@Kristia - my running resolution is also to be more consistent, I tend to be very feast or famine with my running so I am really enjoying this plan that has me pulled back on miles per run but running more frequently.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom