What did you do?

fmingo36

Yeah, sold out in hours. Glad I pre-reregistered at an earlier expo. W&D I think.

I forget, have you done the DL half? The 10K was a blast with lots of interesting backstage views. The half, not so much. Too much Anaheim. But both parks in the morning is fun.

I was upset with myself because the 5K went off before the 10K. I could have done all three. :D

I have done the 1/2 at DL. I was disappointed with the course as well. But I guess they only have so much area in the parks that they can use. I did run it before Cars Land opened so maybe I'll have a little more time in the parks this year. Hoping for lots of character ops during the 10K!

ChristaH

Here's the 10-day forecast. Low 60's at the start of the half, so it likely will be in the 70's by the time I finish. If there is cloud cover, that will be fine. But if it is full sun.....I am starting now to hydrate.

image.jpg

fmingo36

Up and out of the house early this morning for my yoga class. Almost didn't make it to the gym...the roads are extremely icy out there. If you're in the NJ/NY area, take extra caution if you are going for a run or traveling today!

a2grafix

Before the bottom falls out and Memphis joins the rest of the nation in sharing the absurdly bone-chilling temps, ran 2.50 miles a little after midnight through Downtown Memphis in 49-50 overcast and very windy temps.

Taking my exercise indoors for the next few days after the arctic front passes through. I could still run outside but with significant snow in the forecast Memphis doesn't own snowplows. Will be interesting.

It's still 50 in Memphis Sunday morning as I type this just short of 11am CT, but it will drop 40 DEGREES by dawn Monday. And Monday's high won't get past 13 and Tuesday morning it will be 8 above. I'm also seeing Baton Rouge, some 80 miles north of New Orleans, will dip down to 18.

Next weekend's another story - back into the 60s for highs. Sorry.

bethram

30 degrees and icy this morning kept me on the treadmill, 4.1 miles at 9:06 pace. It's expected to be about 5 degrees here tomorrow morning with a windchill of -5 to -15, which I realize is nothing to a lot of you but for Atlanta it's significant. Several school systems cancelled for both today and tomorrow last night before the front even moved through. I found out that school was cancelled for today after I got off the treadmill just now :rolleyes:

dreamfinder

Cranked out my last runs the past few days. Friday was 2@8:30, 3@6:22, 1@8:30. Yesterday was 10mi, negative splits, from like 8:22 down to 7:03. Still liking the 3/2 breathing, definitely seems to be helping. One more cross train day, just to keep the legs loose, but then it's all about the Dopey...

Mr mom

I wish my weather was like Orlando, ugh. freezing rain this morning made the roads slick, I didn't fall though, which is good. Anyhoo, added on another 8.5 miles, a decent start to the week.

JillC LI

4.5 miles on the Treadmill. Won't be braving the elements for the next few days. Hopefully it will be more tolerable by the weekend. Have a great trip and a great race(s) to those of you running at WDW this weekend!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
14 miles Saturday morning at Oak Mtn. It was about 26 with a decent breeze but I got to test out the new jacket. I was quite toasty with 1 compression shirt on under it. Joel approved. I also tested a borrowed pair of Injinji sock/calf sleeves. I really liked them. I think ill be buying a pair.

14 miles Sunday night on road. Boo-hiss. Anyway, it was raining, cold and on the last 2 miles, approaching the 2 hour mark, start POURING with high winds. It was awesome.

Gym today and lots of squats, lunges and upper body.

3 months to my first 50.

LindsayLoves

4.24 miles @ an 8:50/mi pace.

I have speedwork planned for tomorrow but with the freezing temps scheduled to roll I might have to change that to a tempo... I'm afraid my legs will cool down too much between intervals to be safe (injury wise).

Last edited:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Yesterday I jumped into the ocean in full gear and ran 8 miles on the sand: my rest day.

Thhis morning was 20+ miles in freezing cold rain and 25 mph wind gusts.

Tomorrow will be 15 degrees and below zero with the wind chill: that means running the trails. No excuses.

The rest of my 500 mile training consists of putting myself in every possible miserable situation: soaking my shoes in cold water the night before, running in rain, cold temps, running through mud and crossing rivers and streams, running when I feel sick, running when puking, bushwhacking through pickers, forcing the bonk, changing headlamp batteries while running in the dark, running when i dont want to, getting up early, sleep deprivation, hills hills hills, back to back to back to back 30 mile runs, and no dreadmill...unless it's the stairclimber wearing a 50 pound pack for 3 hours. 460 miles last year was good. This year, 460 is not acceptable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom