What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Back from being off the grid.

Running when I can, but resting today because a head cold and fever...Mrs. wont let me out the door

Official Day1 of 500 mi training begins on Wednesday. Lots of bushwhacking, hills, hills, sled drags on the beach and running in crap weather.

Hope everyone had a nice holiday and have a safe New Years'.

LindsayLoves

Hey gang! I have been checking in from time to time but not posting because when I get done running after work its so darn dark I feel I need to rush home, skipping the board post.

Today started my Hal Higdon Half Marathon Training plan for the NYC Half Marathon on March 16. It seems to be a pretty good balance of distance, some speed, and some easy runs mixed in. I do have some time goals I would like to beat this coming season so I think I am going to focus on speed for races half and under for the first half of the season before building distance for the NYC Marathon in November 2014!

Nice work everyone, can't wait to hear all the stories from marathon weekend as I will be living vicariously through you come January 9th!

bethram

I ran hills this morning, 4.4 miles at 9:20 pace. I've tried to add at least a little something onto all of my normal runs while I've been off for Christmas break. It hasn't been much more most of the days, but I figure something is better than nothing.

Last edited:

Texas84

my wife the nurse informed me that one of my toenails was driven back which caused the bruising and it is now inflamed. One of those grin and bear it kind of things and liking would be ok by me, as it shows support.

I've got two of those and I'm afraid to show my doc. They don't bother me though. Just look ugly. Hang in there!

LindsayLoves

@Sumrdog - sounds like your husband really set you up for the marathon!

@Mr mom - killer year on the mileage!

@bethram - something IS better than nothing, you'll be back into it quicker than you realize

First speed day of the training plan. Planned 5x400 @5k pace 1:53. Did 2xjust under 400m @1:30 (I was told the spot I was running was .25 miles around, it was a tad short so I did 4x400 (measured via Garmin) @1:45, with warmups and cool downs of course, though cooling down isn't too hard with the stiff breeze that accompanied me the entire time.

Happy New Year Everyone! May 2014 bring many happy and healthy miles to you all.

a2grafix

On the seventh day of Christmas, a k a Dec. 31, a k a New Year's Eve, a k a the last day of 2013 ran 4.60 miles in about 50 minutes or so along Gulf Boulevard on Navarre Beach, Fla. Decided to run up over the causeway over the bay and back "home" again.

Over the past week ran 17 some odd miles. Feeling pretty good after not running for about 3 weeks.

Happy New Year everyone!

JillC LI

New Year's Day run for me as well. 6 miles. I didn't get to bed til 3:45am last night so I didn't head out to run til almost noon, but it was cold out there!

Did my annual running mileage total just now and it was 810 miles for 2013 which puts me over 15.5 miles per week average. I've kept up about that amount every year since 2005 so I'm quite happy with my consistency. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom