What did you do?

fmingo36

A quick hello and Happy New Year to all my WDWmagic Family!!!

Haven't been on the board in a awhile-no running for me but still getting in my weekly yoga, Pilates, core and weight workouts. My business is starting to pick up (like it on facebook-Omazing Kidz Yoga) so I expect a lot more yoga in my future. But I am looking forward to starting up my training again for the Disneyland 1/2 and Wine & Dine 1/2 this year. (My 2nd Coast-to-Coast medal!)

Last edited:

a2grafix

Ended the old year like the new year with a run, in Florida, in the upper 50s with a few drops of rain. Kind of light, under 3 miles, around 2.65 miles. In the past week ran almost 21 miles while relaxing with my girlfriend along the Emerald Coast that is Florida.

Next up, in 18 days, The Half at the Louisiana Marathon in Baton Rouge.

Last edited:

bethram

4.5 miles on the treadmill on a rainy morning in Georgia. 9:04 pace which I am happy with, especially for the TM. I can't believe there are only three more days before I have to go back to work, break went too fast :arghh:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Back on the grid once again. Long long break off, especially from work.

After swimming, pool running and weights for almost 10 days, did 4 Mon, 6 Tues and 10 yesterday on the trails. Right back into my 50 miler schedule with back to back 14's this weekend.

As far as rehabbing, I have iced, rolled and stretched my lower body at nauseum. I gave myself severe frost burn on my heel (I wont show that pic), stone bruises from The Stick slipping and hitting my balls of my feet, I have worn a small hole in the rug from the Vitamin Bottle with ice inside and my family is happy that I am semi back to "normal". :D

Hope everyone had a safe New Year and got a run in yesterday to celebrate a new year.

ChristaH

I did 275 miles in the last six months of the year. Jan - Jun were not worth counting. My plan for 2014 after the WDW half is maybe one more half in February, then some spring 5K's. After the halfs are over, I want to start working on speed a little bit. Then an easy 10 - 12 miles a week during the Louisiana summer heat before starting to train for a Jan/Feb 2015 half or two. So 500-600 miles in 2014 seems like a reasonable goal.

No New Year's run for me. I'll hit the TM tonight.

bethram

I'm glad tomorrow is a DVD day, it's supposed to be 20 degrees and windy in the morning. Unfortunately the current forecast for Monday morning's back to work is 11 degrees and windy. At least I've got a couple days to plan my clothes accordingly.

ChristaH

When I got home from work yesterday, it was cold and rainy and hubby had a fire roaring in the fireplace. For some reason, I just didn't make it back out of the house to the gym to run on the treadmill! Instead, I did 50 hard minutes on the exercise bike. So at least I got some good cardio in.

imagination30

a crisp 29 degrees, with go pro head mount and another test run before sat .. in Disney ! ... went well.. so did 9.06 to end my Disney training.. - I know I was suppose to taper off this week , but I haven't done any real long runs as of late so why not.. mile pace was 5.17 so you could say I was FROZEN when I got done lol.. have a magical week and I wont post until after I get back next week we leave thu morning..

bethram

I'm trying to thaw out from 15.1 miles at 9:34 this morning. It was 25 degrees but felt like 20 when I set out and felt like 16 by the time I returned. I think my face froze while I was out there.

Today marked the beginning of the period where every distance further than the week before is new distance covered. Before today the furthest I had run was 14.5 miles last spring.

Texas84

I'm just about thawed from my 12-miler this morning. Was popping a stinger every 3 miles and the last one was frozen. Supposed to be in the teens this week.

Ended up with 580 miles in 2013. Seems low to me but I did Power 90 with only weekend runs over the summer.

Good luck to everyone heading to Marathon. I can't believe I'm missing it this year.

Texas84

Just convinced my husband we should do the Dumbo Double Dare in August. :D Now I just need registration to open up. Don't want to miss out on it and I know the CA races fill up fast.

Yeah, sold out in hours. Glad I pre-reregistered at an earlier expo. W&D I think.

I forget, have you done the DL half? The 10K was a blast with lots of interesting backstage views. The half, not so much. Too much Anaheim. But both parks in the morning is fun.

I was upset with myself because the 5K went off before the 10K. I could have done all three. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom