What did you do?

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
It may not be helpful for your problem as well. Steroids help with inflammation, but so does ice, rest and ibuprofen. I got one in my wrist once and it was incredibly painful, it didn't really improve my pain in the long run. What fixed my wrist was time. I am an ER nurse so sports medicine is not really my area, hopefully the podiatrist can fix you up.
I agree. Ice. The shot can cause other issues layer on, but only if abused. I have not received one yet, because, come on, pain is just the bees knees ;-) But I really wish someone stabbed me with it during my 500 mile. Straight into my heels and hip flexor. Every step sent a shooting pain right into my heart, I swear.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It may not be helpful for your problem as well. Steroids help with inflammation, but so does ice, rest and ibuprofen. I got one in my wrist once and it was incredibly painful, it didn't really improve my pain in the long run. What fixed my wrist was time. I am an ER nurse so sports medicine is not really my area, hopefully the podiatrist can fix you up.
I have read bad things about them today, including damaging the muscle and tendon tissue. So, I have been icing for 3 days and on Advil after activity. Ive iced it so much, I have a burn type feeling on my skin. NICE! As of now, rest isnt an option.... until it is the smartest answer. Ill rest for 4 days instead of breaking it and being out for 4 months. Ive already been down that road before.

We will see how it does in the morning.

joel_maxwell

I agree. Ice. The shot can cause other issues layer on, but only if abused. I have not received one yet, because, come on, pain is just the bees knees ;-) But I really wish someone stabbed me with it during my 500 mile. Straight into my heels and hip flexor. Every step sent a shooting pain right into my heart, I swear.
I didnt see this... but yes, Im not a fan of hurting it worse.

Ill say this, I got a mild case of runners knee 2 months ago. I iced it and iced it. Nothing helped. So, I went running anyway and right before I left, I hit it with some theragesic sports cream. Hot as hell. Fixed it. Hasnt bothered me since. So, I think this is a swelling thing into the nerves, but worst case, Ill throw heat at it and see if it is tendonitis. Who knows. I need a doctor in the family.

Sumrdog

I didnt see this... but yes, Im not a fan of hurting it worse.

Ill say this, I got a mild case of runners knee 2 months ago. I iced it and iced it. Nothing helped. So, I went running anyway and right before I left, I hit it with some theragesic sports cream. Hot as hell. Fixed it. Hasnt bothered me since. So, I think this is a swelling thing into the nerves, but worst case, Ill throw heat at it and see if it is tendonitis. Who knows. I need a doctor in the family.
We always tell people to alternate every twenty minutes with ice and heat for soft tissue injuries that aren't acute; as in just happened. Ice will reduce swelling and inflammation, heat increases blood flow to an area and can help carry away fluids that cause swelling and pain. Heat is never recommended in the immediate period following injury, usually at least 24-48hrs afterward.

Speaking of pain...The mental kind. I just ran about 140 laps on the indoor running track. That's 17.5 miles! I did it in 3 hours and 20 minutes, pretty good for me. So glad that's done, if this weather doesn't improve, I may be doing 20 miles there again next week. I am just so glad the indoor track is an option because its really cold out right now, well below minus twenty with the wind chill:eek:

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

Speaking of pain...The mental kind. I just ran about 140 laps on the indoor running track. That's 17.5 miles! I did it in 3 hours and 20 minutes, pretty good for me. So glad that's done, if this weather doesn't improve, I may be doing 20 miles there again next week. I am just so glad the indoor track is an option because its really cold out right now, well below minus twenty with the wind chill:eek:

Bless you. Did you have any good distractions or just focus on the running?

Sumrdog

Bless you. Did you have any good distractions or just focus on the running?
I had my music and the track encircles a cardio area...I watched a crossfit class that looked insane. I think I may have to do my last two long runs on this track in the next few weeks, I may get a few podcasts for next time or an audio book would be nice.

joel_maxwell

We always tell people to alternate every twenty minutes with ice and heat for soft tissue injuries that aren't acute; as in just happened. Ice will reduce swelling and inflammation, heat increases blood flow to an area and can help carry away fluids that cause swelling and pain. Heat is never recommended in the immediate period following injury, usually at least 24-48hrs afterward.

I have been only doing ice since up to this point. I think Im going to the Y on lunch and getting in the whirl pool. That will increase that blood flow real good.

OMG. 140 laps. No No NO. That is ludicrous. LOL

joel_maxwell

55 minutes today. Foot felt pretty good. It hurt a little... but I like to think it was that area stretching out and the pain was from the burn skin from all the ice. ;)

Method for tomorrow's 4am travel to Cheaha and 23 mile run... ignore ignore ignore it (a chapter out of Nicks playbook)

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
55 minutes today. Foot felt pretty good. It hurt a little... but I like to think it was that area stretching out and the pain was from the burn skin from all the ice. ;)

Method for tomorrow's 4am travel to Cheaha and 23 mile run... ignore ignore ignore it (a chapter out of Nicks playbook)
Remember, you can't ignore it, because it's not really there ;-)

joel_maxwell

Remember, you can't ignore it, because it's not really there ;-)
Bwhahahahaha. You just went "tree falling in the woods and no one around to hear it, does it make noise" on me. Sort of o_O

Its frustrating when you have gear under the tree wrapped in a nice package and you cant test it out this weekend.

Lastly, saw this quote from Nelson Mandela and thought Id post here. "Difficulties break some men but make others." I love that.

JillC LI

4 miles speed work on TM last night - 1/4 mile reps at 8:27 m/m with 1/4 mile rest intervals at 10 m/m.

Taking the family to Great Wolf Lodge indoor water park tonight. I'm not much into water parks myself, but the kids are all excited about this Hanukah present.

imagination30

time to get into wdw shape... (mind set) , so today I hit the Tm , I wore my running watch for pace .. but rule of thumb never do that.. , bc it makes you slower than the tredmill , any ways - tm - miles was 5.17 , watch miles - 4.31 , mile pace 4.90

Texas84

8 miles this morning. Only rained for about 5 minutes. Thanks for that. Got new shoes, New Balance 880 v3. They really improved on the v2. They now have 11 water-logged miles. Retired the v2's with 364 miles, 1 marathon, 4 half, 5 10K, 7 5K.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom