What did you do?

JillC LI

Finished my first half marathon in 2:23:04! It was a cold 22 degrees through the streets of Atlanta!!:jawdrop:

Congratulations! Great accomplishment for Thanksgiving weekend!

As for me, I am awake and my family is asleep, but I am just not in the mood to lace up and run. Turkey hangover? I've decided this will be a rest day. I'm entitled. :)

a2grafix

Ran 43:40 in Memphis' annual 4-miler turkey trot Thursday morning in chilly-ish 28F, bright sunny, windy conditions. Ran it with 3100 other runners and walkers at the county park, a park that has buffaloes. Was tempted to run in shorts but opted for my Air Force windbreaker and pants and sweatshirt. It was so crowded on the narrow pathways that it was hard for me to inch up to the starting line. A lot of zigg-zagging, likley ran 4.25 miles.

Official time was 46:10 but I did not cross the starting line until 2:30 into the run. A half mile into the run the lead pack was already closing in on the 2-mile marker.

Running my fourth half marathon this weekend in Florida and runtime temp should be in the low 60s and a finish time in the 70s. Drastic temp difference. Get this, I will run a marathon in 6 days in 2 states. Six days after the Space Coast half, it will be the St. Jude Memphis Marathon half right outside my downtown apartment. Early forecast calls for temps to the in the 30s and 40s. Friday, the day before, near 70. Grrr.

bethram

7.1 miles this morning at 8:50 pace, 38 degrees when I set out. I've broken my long run up over two days this week because I didn't want to disappear from visiting my family for the length of my normal run yesterday and a 10 mile run today.

Sumrdog

Today was a rest week so I did an easy 6 miles this morning. It was perfect out 25 degrees, overcast and no wind. Its amazing what a difference 10 degrees makes. Now I am cooking Thanksgiving dinner on the day after Thanksgiving and my house smells amazing!

a2grafix

Personal record in 2:21.42 at the Space Coast Half Marathon Sunday morning in Cocoa Village, Fla. Ran with 20 other Team Red White and Blue military veterans, most of us running the half marathon. Low 60s to start, kind of humid and I was sweating pretty good by mile 2. Nice breeze along the Intercoastal but by mile 9 it was apparent that I was getting cold.

Wasn't sure if I was going to dog the race because Sunday was the first of two half marathons in a week. Saturday, Dec. 7 is the St. Jude Memphis marathon / half marathon / 5K, but I got into a groove and felt good. I ended up catching up to and surpassing the 2:20 pacer, but by mile 9 she caught up to me and passed me. I still crossed in a PR clock time of 2:23.19 and chip time of 2:21.42 and 10:49 split. And yes, nothing beats a beer at 8:30 a.m. on a Sunday.

Race medal is the Space Shuttle Columbia, the first of 5 shuttle medals over the next 5 years of races.

1397295_10152011869647708_401246674_o.jpg

Ran with 20 Team Red White and Blue military veterans, with most of us running the half. I have run with a few Team RWBers, but not this large contingent, most from the Florida and Daytona chapters, and some from Ft. Bragg.

1450908_10200953463789219_1805459898_n.jpg

Won't likely gut it out for the St. Jude half because of the temperature. Early word has it around 31-35 with freezing rain, snow and wind, so no shorts and a tek shirt. Maybe if I can gut it out in 3 hours I will be cool with it. Most of the run will be around my downtown neighborhood.

bethram

4.2 miles this morning, I altered my run slightly and added an extra hill since I haven't run them lately. Back to work for four days then off to WDW for a long birthday weekend.

Kristia

I have been taking a bit of a break from running after the marathon but hope to be back at it this week. Did some cross-training this week by hauling 100 bales of hay last week and 50 yesterday. We are finally stocked for the winter thank goodness! We have been picking up about 100 bales every other week since early Oct. Seemed like it would never end!
Great to read about everyone's accomplishments over the past couple weeks! I was a bit jealous seeing all my friends' Turkey Trot pics on fb but since Thanksgiving is at my house and I have to cook all morning, there was no Turkey trot for me.

ChristaH

Five miles on Friday and 8 yesterday. Yesterday's 8 miles felt really good...probably my best long run so far. I cut over 2 minutes off my previous best 8 mile time. I'm starting to learn how to pace myself depending on how far I plan to go, so I'm not going out too fast then it at the end.

Our local Reindeer Run 5K is this Friday night. My husband will try to run his first 5K. I want to beat my time from last year, so I told him I wasn't waiting on him. LOL! But when I finish, I will loop back to find him and run the end with him.

Oh! AND...I found out this weekend that my cousin, her husband and 16-yo son will also be running the WDW Half. How cool is that? I'm excited now that there will be a group of 5 of us. Not necessarily running the whole course together, but just enjoying the experience together.

JillC LI

Great to read about everyone's accomplishments over the past couple weeks! I was a bit jealous seeing all my friends' Turkey Trot pics on fb but since Thanksgiving is at my house and I have to cook all morning, there was no Turkey trot for me.

Same here. Hope it was a delicious Thanksgiving for you too.

Congratulations on your PR @a2grafix!

Back to work for four days then off to WDW for a long birthday weekend.

Ooooooh, enjoy! My "ThanksJillukkah" weekend was tons of fun! My hubby really hit the nail on the head this year with lots of little running related gifts for both my birthday and Hanukah - a silver running shoe necklace, a 2014 Running Journal, fun socks with little runners on them, a hat with a ponytail hole, an armband that lights up for the dark, and a Running Science book! And there are still 3 more nights of Hanukah. Plus the tickets he got for us to see Billy Joel on New Years Eve aren't bad either!

Btw, the kids don't know it yet, but we got them each a framed share of Disney stock for the last night of Hanukah. I was hoping they would arrive in time, but it looks like they won't, so we will have to give them the gift announcements that Disney provides to let them know the certificates are coming. (We couldn't resist buying one for ourselves too!)

Kristia

Finally back to running today! My goal for the winter is to work on speed and just keep a good base. I don't have any distance runs till May so it would probably be a good time to improve my speed. Did 3 miles today with a warm up mile, a speed mile and a cool down mile. I was able to do my speed mile in 9:39. Woohoo!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom