What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Worked out this morning. Going into work early, to kick some .
Nice save @joel_maxwell !
Damn straight. I like that attitude!

Thanks... I can so laugh at myself, even if I had fallen in, I would have posted. As far as the Mafate 3 review of poor drainage by my friend and the pinhoti I shared, they drained fine for me, I just wore improper socks that day. I went with a thicker merino wool sock instead of a thinner sock since the temps were so low and I wasnt sure the creeks would even be up that high. It was a gamble. I squeezed a descent amount out of the sock afterwards. I will say that the M3 held a lot of water weight, but not pooling water if that makes sense. I didnt have this problem with the thinner uppers of the Stinsons. So, Ill just run in a pair of Stinson late February and resolve that issue. Oh, and thinner socks. One of the other guys was in Bondi 3's, and no water in his shoe what so ever.

bethram

I have been so tired and busy since we got home Monday evening that I haven't been able to catch up on this thread yet, hopefully I will by tomorrow night.

I had to get some sleep this morning as I didn't get home until 9:45 last night and I'm usually in bed by 8:45 and asleep by 9:15, so I managed to squeeze in a run on the TM just now. I've still got to empty the dishwasher, make dinner, fold three loads of laundry, and grade some papers. Oh, and take care of the kids...

3.3 miles, 9:12 pace, finally got to test out the new shoes I ordered before Thanksgiving since I wasn't running in the rain.

Mad Stitch

So this past weekend I ran in the Christmas Story 5k/10k. I was going to do a mini race report, but I don't like writing and can't get the motivation to do so. In short, the race started in downtown Cleveland and the 5k finished at the house featured in "A Christmas Story", the 10k continued back to the start following the same route. There were lots of people dressed as leg lamps, fragile crates, Black Bart's gang, and pink deranged Easter bunnies.

Here is a pic of the house 30 years later (what a bad spot for a flagpole)

P1010014_zpsb925f6d6.jpg

... and the medal that was given out.

4490d796-f9b9-49ac-b558-3e5674f21873_zps92aeb484.jpg

Mr mom

It is starting to get nippy, I still have a chill, even after I cleaned the ice off my beard...6.8 degrees and it is going to get colder, ugh. Every winter I have to readjust to the temp change. I just get used to running in the heat and the cooler weather hits, then winter and I get used to bone chilling cold and spring hits. Oh well, still managed 8.6 miles. happy running folks

joel_maxwell

So this past weekend I ran in the Christmas Story 5k/10k. I was going to do a mini race report, but I don't like writing and can't get the motivation to do so. In short, the race started in downtown Cleveland and the 5k finished at the house featured in "A Christmas Story", the 10k continued back to the start following the same route. There were lots of people dressed as leg lamps, fragile crates, Black Bart's gang, and pink deranged Easter bunnies.

Here is a pic of the house 30 years later (what a bad spot for a flagpole)

P1010014_zpsb925f6d6.jpg

... and the medal that was given out.

4490d796-f9b9-49ac-b558-3e5674f21873_zps92aeb484.jpg
I double dog dare you to stick your tongue to it.

joel_maxwell

Pool yesterday in a Crosstrain day. Pool ran and did 9 laps with just the legs. Its harder than you think and I didnt enjoy it. LOL Next week crosstrain will start hill repeats with weights in a backpack like @Donald Duck use to do. Yep.

Swimming today and 65 min run tomorrow. Switched days due to work stuff.

JillC LI

3.5miles on TM this morning. Reps of 3/4 mile at 8:40 pace. Unexpectedly hard today. Had to work hard not to fly off the back of the TM!

a2grafix

Ran 2.45 miles Wednesday through Downtown Memphis, in low 40s temps. Not too bad. Shorts, 3 tek shirts, stocking cap, gloves. Felt good. About 30 minutes, nothing fancy. Sunny, felt the warmth on my legs when I ran in the sun. Big difference last time I ran - last Wednesday, low 70s, humid.

Considering running my unofficial St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon after it was scrubbed due to ice and cold and loss of over 1,000 volunteers and first responders due to the ice storm. Going to have to modify the half route a bit as part of the route runs through St. Jude's campus and the finish line is inside the Redbirds ballpark. Should be in the low 40s with some rain.

joel_maxwell

Ran 2.45 miles Wednesday through Downtown Memphis, in low 40s temps. Not too bad. Shorts, 3 tek shirts, stocking cap, gloves. Felt good. About 30 minutes, nothing fancy. Sunny, felt the warmth on my legs when I ran in the sun. Big difference last time I ran - last Wednesday, low 70s, humid.

Considering running my unofficial St. Jude Memphis Half Marathon after it was scrubbed due to ice and cold and loss of over 1,000 volunteers and first responders due to the ice storm. Going to have to modify the half route a bit as part of the route runs through St. Jude's campus and the finish line is inside the Redbirds ballpark. Should be in the low 40s with some rain.
HOLY COW. 3 tech shirts for low 40's. LOL... Its funny how some people wear a lot, some people wear very little (like the guy who wears no shirt around here in 30 degree weather)

Id die if I wore 3 tech shirts from heat exhaustion. :D LOL

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Pool yesterday in a Crosstrain day. Pool ran and did 9 laps with just the legs. Its harder than you think and I didnt enjoy it. LOL Next week crosstrain will start hill repeats with weights in a backpack like @Donald Duck use to do. Yep.

Swimming today and 65 min run tomorrow. Switched days due to work stuff.
Get it done !! Increase weight slowly, or you will suffer, in a bad way, for weeks.
Stairclimber = 50 lb pack
Running hill repeats = 20-40 lbs MAX.

Make sure you have legit comfy straps, a sternum strap, and go slow.

joel_maxwell

Get it done !! Increase weight slowly, or you will suffer, in a bad way, for weeks.
Stairclimber = 50 lb pack
Running hill repeats = 20-40 lbs MAX.

Make sure you have legit comfy straps, a sternum strap, and go slow.
I dont plan on running the hill repeats. Hiking only, after all, it is a cross training day.

Thanks for the advice.

diddy_mouse

Wow, you guys are amazing with the winter weather. I'm not going to lie...I'm a huge wimp with cold temps.

I'm still doing cross-training and leg work but I just can't find my running groove with my new work schedule.

joel_maxwell

Wow, you guys are amazing with the winter weather. I'm not going to lie...I'm a huge wimp with cold temps.

I'm still doing cross-training and leg work but I just can't find my running groove with my new work schedule.
All a state of mind. Just look at it as an way to take you remind off the tired legs. Im not sure where you live, but Id rather run in 30's and rain/sleet/snow all day long, then to run in the middle of the summer in Alabama with the humidity at 100%, lows in the mid 70's at 6am and bleed calories like nobody's business. It just suck the life out of you... and you go through so many supplies its ridiculous. Here again though... state of mind.

"I love running in temps hotter n hell, I love it"

"I love running in sleet. It feels great when it hits my eyeballs"

a2grafix

HOLY COW. 3 tech shirts for low 40's. LOL... Its funny how some people wear a lot, some people wear very little (like the guy who wears no shirt around here in 30 degree weather)

Id die if I wore 3 tech shirts from heat exhaustion. :D LOL

Yeah, 3 tek shirts - 2 short sleeved and one long sleeved. All runDisney too. More comfortable wearing one tech shirt, but playing around in adding sensible layers due to the cold. A few weeks back on Thanksgiving for the 4 mile turkey trot I had a brain fart. Ended up wearing stocking cap, gloves, and my Air Force physical fitness jacket, running pants, AND a sweatshirt. It was around 25 to start, but by time I was finishing I was sweating.

bethram

4.12 painful miles on the treadmill this morning, I wanted to stop after the first mile but kept going. I really hope the rain holds off and I can get a good, long run in tomorrow morning. 9:13 pace.

JillC LI

It's mostly about dressing properly for it. I agree with Joel that I'd rather it be cold than hot and humid. Then again, once it gets below 20, it is a bit hard for me to get out the door (but I do). Still, I'd rather brave the cold on a long run than do it on the TM unless it is icy on the ground. Just wear lots of layers (winter quality workout type), a hat, and warm gloves. The first 10-15 minutes may be chilly, but I always warm up after that, even get hot! Sometimes it's weird to be sweating in such frigid weather.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom