What did you do?

bethram

Have you considered making your post-long-run run an easy recovery run, and doing speedwork mid-week? That might help you pick up the pace on your speed run.

I had the same thought after my race on Saturday! We're quite the close-knit group here! The support and encouragement we all receive is simply wonderful.
That's not a bad idea, I usually go for speed on Monday, hills on Wednesday, and easy on Thursday. I could very easily switch Mandays and Thurdays. Thanks for the suggestion!

Mr mom

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement and information you have all given this newbie runner. Your support is amazing and gives me one more reason to push on. As I was finishing up my 10 miles yesterday, one of my main thoughts the last half mile was "I can't wait to tell the WDWMagic runners about this!!" Thanks again for everything :)

Every time I do a new distance or something new I cannot wait to post here, this is the one place where I know everyone here "gets it".

JillC LI

That's not a bad idea, I usually go for speed on Monday, hills on Wednesday, and easy on Thursday. I could very easily switch Mandays and Thurdays. Thanks for the suggestion!

That's what we're here for!

Every time I do a new distance or something new I cannot wait to post here, this is the one place where I know everyone here "gets it".

You guys are all giving me the warm fuzzies.

On a related note, 4.5 miles this afternoon on the TM while watching a particularly juicy episode of General Hospital. lol

dreamfinder

Bike and core. I almost miss spending more time running and less time training. Seeing everyone's running posts almost wants January to be here so I can wrap that up and go back to just running.

LindsayLoves

5.5 mi in 50 minutes. First time wearing tights this season, temps dropped down to 36 by the time I went for my run the feels like temp was 27 with the wind and boy was it windy.

bethram

Coldest morning yet this year, 27 degrees. I ran my normal Wednesday hills but my watch died so I don't have my mileage, I'm assuming it's the same as usual - 4.1 miles at 9:19 pace. Tomorrow is supposed to be almost as cold, but it should be warmer this weekend for a long run.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Tapering for next weekend. I typically hate the taper, but my legs are pretty tired. So, Im embracing the break for 2 weeks. 4 miles today. We had a cold front come through today as well. 29 with wind chill of 21. Bring it. No whine zone here!

8 miles tomorrow morning.

Mr Toby got up with me and started stretching next to me as I was stretching too. He is like a teenage boy.... so groggy in the morning, yawns a bunch and could fall asleep standing up. Love him.

Texas84

Hal Higdon bumped my Wednesday run up to 4 miles today. 27F, 22F wind chill. Thought I was going to die the first 1.5 miles. My face was frozen at the end. Probably set a 4-mile PR. :D

LindsayLoves

Its fun to see how the running population drops around here when it gets to be under 30, I love having the road to myself.

I do need to ask Santa for a good windbreaker, anyone have a good suggestion?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Its fun to see how the running population drops around here when it gets to be under 30, I love having the road to myself.

I do need to ask Santa for a good windbreaker, anyone have a good suggestion?
I'm buying the Patagonia Houdini. It is the best packable I have seen, nice windbreaker, nice price and you know Patagonia makes equipment unbreakable. I always trust their products.

http://www.patagonia.com/us/product/mens-houdini-jacket-windbreaker?p=24140-0

bethram

8.5 miles today, ran a few places I have never run before and hit a brutal hill, loved it. This new watch is paying for itself in my mind but of course my wife thinks it is nothing more than a wasteful toy, lol.
My husband bought me my watch a couple years ago shortly before my first half and I didn't even want one at the time. Now I hate to not have it.

Kristia

4 miles today @ 10:07 pace. Yep...that temp sure did drop fast! Luckily by the time I ran this afternoon it was 35 and the wind was pretty light.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom