What did you do?

JillC LI

My husband bought me my watch a couple years ago shortly before my first half and I didn't even want one at the time. Now I hate to not have it.

My Garmin was also a birthday present from my hubby several years ago. I said I didn't really need it, but now I can't stand to run without it! And last year, Steve (wdwmagic) taught me how to actually use the workout settings instead of just using it for pacing. LOL.

Sumrdog

14.2 slow and easy miles today furthest I have run in 4 years! My goal was 15 but I ran out of time... I felt really, really good during my run and afterward :). The weather was perfect; 33 degrees, overcast and no precipitation or wind. I snuck it in right before the storm started; we are supposed to get 4-8 inches by tomorrow night with gusts up to 40mph. Thank you mother nature for waiting to unleash until after I finished!

I am still a little surprised about how good I feel, usually I have a little hour of nausea and stiffness after a long run but not today, and I did not have the opportunity to adequately hydrate yesterday because my patient was crashing for almost 5 hours...It was 2pm before I got a minute to regroup and I hadn't ingested anything except half a cup of coffee, I finished out the day with quite a headache. So needless to say I am thrilled about my run today!

bethram

9.3 miles at 9:32 pace this morning, not the best but not awful. It was a decent morning; 51 degrees and misty at times, my toes were wet when I got home but not too bad.

I hope everyone has a good weekend run!

fmingo36

Accomplished something never thought attainable. runDisney Coast to Coast. Finished second half early Sunday morning with a 2:32-ish finish in Wine and Dine Half.

Sept. 1 finished Disneyland Half in 2:36. I can now mark this off my bucket list. Don't know when I will run another runDisney race.

Way to Go Tim!!
That'll be me and my husband next year. Can't wait!! LOVE those medals!

Sumrdog

Just a quick post from my kindle...Philly Marathon done! Finished in 5:33:28 which is 1:15 faster than my best Disney Marathon. WOW! Over an hour faster. Dan didn't have as good a day but still got a PR with 5:54. Will post post a race report tomorrow or Tues.

That is so awesome!!

fmingo36

Just a quick post from my kindle...Philly Marathon done! Finished in 5:33:28 which is 1:15 faster than my best Disney Marathon. WOW! Over an hour faster. Dan didn't have as good a day but still got a PR with 5:54. Will post post a race report tomorrow or Tues.

Wow! That is incredible!!!
How are the legs feeling?

bethram

Congratulations on a great race!

diddy_mouse

Fantastic job! Congrats!

Kristia

@Kristia - WAY TO GO!!! I know you were worried about your training going into the race but super congrats on the awesome time. We all knew you had it in you!
Thanks so much!
That is so awesome!!
Thank you!
Wow! That is incredible!!!
How are the legs feeling?
Knees are sore but not unbearable. My real problem is the chafing and I used bodyglide. Apparently not enough! Also have a few blisters.
Congratulations on a great race!
Thanks Beth!
Fantastic job! Congrats!
Thank you! SO happy we are done!

a2grafix

First run eight days after the 2013 Wine and Dine Half. Pretty nice day for it too. 77F, humid, windy, 15-20mph gusts (part of that front that had embedded tornadoes in them that slammed into Chicago, that caused the Ravens-Bears game delay). Dark clouds moved out and clear sky full moon rising evening run.

Ran late afternoon into early evening after my Browns stunk it up in Cincinnati. Ran about 65-70 loosey-goosey minutes and 5.10 miles through Downtown Memphis and Uptown Memphis on the east side of St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.

Two more half marathons to go in next 3 weeks before I close the book on a very successful 2013.

Last edited:

JillC LI

@Kristia that's one heck of a way to bust a new PR! By 1:15! What a great race. Chafing stinks (especially when that shower water first hits you!) but at least the knees held up. Congratulations. Enjoy the post-race high and then get some well-deserved rest. What's next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom