What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10 miles last night under the stars. Wanted 12, but time constraints made me shave 2 miles. The "Turkey Ballerina" project with Isabeau ran way late. 2 Miles shaved in the name of art projects with my daughter for school.... always.

Swimming today.

Sumrdog

4.5 miles this morning through a park I have never run in before. The change. Of scenery was nice, but I missed checking off my landmarks.

It blows my mind that 4.5 miles is now my "short run".

I know what you mean about the 4.5 miles that is awesome...It's amazing to me how far I have come, sometimes I forget and I have to check myself at work when I say things like, "I only did 7 miles today." I don't intend to sound at all like I am showing off, but I am sure to the overweight coworker who doesn't walk more than 50 feet at a time it probably sounds that way.

JillC LI

Race report: So in our 10K race this morning, DS14 took the gold medal for his age group with a finish time in his first ever 10K of 47:59! Not too shabby. As expected, he beat me by nearly 8 minutes. But I didn't care because I was absolutely thrilled with my new PR time of 56:49! I was shooting for sub-58 and can't believe I came in under 57. My race pace was 9:09. Wow. I am so proud of both of us, and I'm happy to buy him the winner's Carvel sundae :)

imagination30

a Beautiful fall night run at 67 degrees , went to the local middle school and ran 3 miles . with a mile pace of 3.71 .. Lapped my mother... and it felt good ., got a Christmas 5k coming up in a few weeks .. cant wait for that one... then payed off our Marathon weekend trip today! .. so we are set .. oh and some weight lifting and core work as well!

a2grafix

Accomplished something never thought attainable. runDisney Coast to Coast. Finished second half early Sunday morning with a 2:32-ish finish in Wine and Dine Half.

Sept. 1 finished Disneyland Half in 2:36. I can now mark this off my bucket list. Don't know when I will run another runDisney race.

Attachments

• 2013-11-10_02-08-54_3.jpg
    2013-11-10_02-08-54_3.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 30

Sumrdog

SAY HELLO TO THE NEWEST MEMBER OF THE DOUBLE DIGIT CLUB!!!! 10 Miles in 1:55:49! I was only supposed to do 9 miles today but misjudged the route and was farther from home than I thought I would be at 9 so I just keep running to 10! Huge mental milestone!

Awesome!!

Accomplished something never thought attainable. runDisney Coast to Coast. Finished second half early Sunday morning with a 2:32-ish finish in Wine and Dine Half.

Sept. 1 finished Disneyland Half in 2:36. I can now mark this off my bucket list. Don't know when I will run another runDisney race.

Congratulations!

bethram

4 miles this morning at 8:42 pace. It is getting harder to run my "speed" Mondays as I add miles on the weekend. So far my pace is staying pretty steady, it just feels harder to keep it up.

Mr mom

A new level of accuracy as I broke down and got a GPS watch. Half price, I could not pass it up. Anyway it is nice to just run and not have to run routes where I know the distances. I have a horrible cold but still managed 7.6 miles at a 7.56 pace. I am going to so enjoy just running wherever I want.

ChristaH

Just wanted to say thanks for the encouragement and information you have all given this newbie runner. Your support is amazing and gives me one more reason to push on. As I was finishing up my 10 miles yesterday, one of my main thoughts the last half mile was "I can't wait to tell the WDWMagic runners about this!!" Thanks again for everything :)

JillC LI

Some post-race pics from our 10K this weekend:

4 miles this morning at 8:42 pace. It is getting harder to run my "speed" Mondays as I add miles on the weekend. So far my pace is staying pretty steady, it just feels harder to keep it up.

Have you considered making your post-long-run run an easy recovery run, and doing speedwork mid-week? That might help you pick up the pace on your speed run.

As I was finishing up my 10 miles yesterday, one of my main thoughts the last half mile was "I can't wait to tell the WDWMagic runners about this!!" Thanks again for everything :)

I had the same thought after my race on Saturday! We're quite the close-knit group here! The support and encouragement we all receive is simply wonderful.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
20.50 miles Saturday on the 50K course at Oak Mtn. There was a BUTS social run of 18 across town at another mtn, but I wanted 20 miles all to myself and on no one elses time table. 1 loop of the 50K course runs long at 16 miles, so then I did an out and back on a mtn bike trail of 4+.

Beautiful day, 40 at start and was nice and sunny. The rest of the weekend I felt nauseous and couldnt figure out why. Still battling it a little today. Not sure what is going on.

Happy Monday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom