What did you do?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
21 miles this morning.
Shaking out the personal demons.
Busy with work as well, so the runs are very welcome.

There are some demons we will never get off of our backs. And so we run...but I need 500 miles non-stop.
Better than lying on your back in a room talking to some D-bag. (not that there is anything wrong with that) but Id rather run to work them out.

joel_maxwell

Gym yesterday. Squats, squats and squats. Lunges with weights. After seeing some of the Pinhoti/Cheaha course, I will be ready.

5 miles this morning. Easy breezy.

11 tomorrow.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20 mi this morning.

Winds were a bit rough.

Still shaking out the demons.

Delaware Water Gap 50k this Saturday...rocks and more rocks.
This is a pic of the easy section...

image.jpg

bethram

4.1 rainy miles this morning at 8:59 pace. I looked at the weather app on my phone before I got out of bed and it looked like I might get some light rain or sprinkles during my run, nope, it rained the entire time and fairly moderately a couple times. It's a good thing I don't plan to run again until Saturday because my shoes are soaked.

dreamfinder

On the road traveling last week. Got in a few shorter keep it lose runs, and cranked out a half in the hotel gym Sunday AM of sub 8 min miles. Today was 5x800@2:47 with 90 RI. Need to get back in the groove and get serious miles on before January.....

Mr mom

what a difference a few days can make, the other day it was 23 and today it was 50, downright balmy, back to shorts and a tech shirt. 7 solid miles good speed and everything. Guess I did not damage anything by running yesterday.

JillC LI

Delaware Water Gap 50k this Saturday...rocks and more rocks. This is a pic of the easy section...

View attachment 38156

Piece o' cake. Well, for YOU anyway. :D

Took my son with me on a 3 mile run last night to keep loose before our race Saturday. He hadn't run in about 2 weeks since Cross-Country season ended. It was the first time he and I had run together for more than one mile, and it was really nice. We kept it at a slow 10+ min pace which was fine with him, but during the last 1/2 mile he wanted to let loose, so I said to go for it and I would try to keep up. Needless to say, he left me in the dust. I couldn't even keep him in my sight range. Made me proud though.

joel_maxwell

20 mi this morning.

Winds were a bit rough.

Still shaking out the demons.

Delaware Water Gap 50k this Saturday...rocks and more rocks.
This is a pic of the easy section...
I swear Im getting you down here for the Cheaha 50K. Looks much similar to to what you posted. This is called "Blue Hell" and it is roughly a mile climb. I know we would have fun on this.

5640266717_f12acf6687.jpg

images

Good luck this weekend brother.

joel_maxwell

Fun update. I have been taking Isabeau out running short distances for the last month and a half. We are training for the kids marathon. They run all 25.2 miles before the race day, and then run the final mile that day. We have slowly built up to being able to run 1 mile at a time. I ask how her legs are doing, we stretch good and learn about pace and pushing through "tiredness". All on an elementary level, but last night was very cute. I told her that a lot of the times, your legs will be telling your brain to stop. Im tired they will say.... I want to quit, but you have to tell them you arent, and they will finally concede and just go. Last night, as we reached the .75 mile mark and we hit an uphill, I heard her say, "Legs... you are tired and itchy (from the wind), but you better give up trying to make me stop"

I was so proud.

Lastly, we might be running the last lap to make her training a 50k or 60k. We will reach marathon status a month early.

Sumrdog

7.4 today on the treadmill :banghead: ...It has snowed 5 inches in the last two days and the roads are a mess. I just can't risk getting injured running on slippery roads right now, so I am pushing through the tedium. It has been snowing pretty much non stop since last Sunday, I was hoping winter wouldn't come quite this early...I have 15 miles planned for next Friday and I am not sure I can manage that indoors :eek: But I will do whatever I have to do to get my runs in, even if it means a mind numbing 3 hours on the TM.

a2grafix

A nice and breezy, and I do mean breezy, 2.5 miles through Downtown Memphis, out and back and around Beale Street and FedExForum, in 54F in about 25 minutes. Nothing major. Little run before Saturday's Wine and Dine half marathon. I think it will be a little bit warmer at race time. And maybe not so chilly breezy.

Attachments

• 2poit5ohmiles.jpg
    2poit5ohmiles.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 31

Kristia

Just did an easy 3 miles in between rain drops today. A week from Sunday, Dan and I are running the Philadelphia Marathon. Some weather models are calling for a major snow event to happen between DC and MA sometime between Wed and Fri. :eek:...Really....you have got to be kidding me! Well, could make for some interesting running. Probably yucky and sloppy by the time Sunday comes around. Hoping the models are wrong!

dreamfinder

Just did an easy 3 miles in between rain drops today. A week from Sunday, Dan and I are running the Philadelphia Marathon. Some weather models are calling for a major snow event to happen between DC and MA sometime between Wed and Fri. :eek:...Really....you have got to be kidding me! Well, could make for some interesting running. Probably yucky and sloppy by the time Sunday comes around. Hoping the models are wrong!

I'm torn. I don't want you to be running in snow and slop, but I want snow.......

Today was bike and core.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom