What did you do?

Sumrdog

You guys are all making me smile with your weather reports...Its nice to know I am not suffering alone. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it's not snowing too hard on Friday, the weather forecast says 3-7 inches and wind gusts up to 21mph. I have 15 miles planned and I am doing it. I really wish my gym had an indoor running track right now, I can't imagine the level of mental determination I would have to conjure up to do this run on the treadmill.

JillC LI

Nice job out in the elements everyone. I got my 3.5 miles of speedwork in yesterday but I did 'er on the TM. It's supposed to warm up again today though and through the weekend, at least on Long Island - hopefully by some of you too.

Maryssa*

That response is hilarious. Why does that original author have such a huge stick up his bum? He talks as if having an interest in something is a new and astonishing thing. And you know, obviously people who run ONLY RUN AND THINK ABOUT RUNNING 24/7 AND HAVE NO OTHER THINGS IN THEIR LIFE. Sheesh :rolleyes:

diddy_mouse

So, I haven't run since September (stuck in a major, major rut) and I realized what my problem was. I was setting my goals WAY too high. I got swept up in all of these races I want to run in the future and the wave of runDisney tweets and I think my brain just shutdown and told me I couldn't do it. Any of it. I couldn't find inspiration at all. Frankly it was a helluva downer. FINALLY...I got my head on straight and decided I'm going to tackle things one mile at a time. Literally. Today was the first step...

I did one of my fastest miles (11:49) after not doing anything for two months.

Just wanted to share with you guys. :) I will try to come back and post more often.

Kristia

So, I haven't run since September (stuck in a major, major rut) and I realized what my problem was. I was setting my goals WAY too high. I got swept up in all of these races I want to run in the future and the wave of runDisney tweets and I think my brain just shutdown and told me I couldn't do it. Any of it. I couldn't find inspiration at all. Frankly it was a helluva downer. FINALLY...I got my head on straight and decided I'm going to tackle things one mile at a time. Literally. Today was the first step...

I did one of my fastest miles (11:49) after not doing anything for two months.

Just wanted to share with you guys. :) I will try to come back and post more often.
Welcome back! That's the way you have to do it...one mile at a time. Just enjoy the running without the pressure. Sometimes it is good for a little time off to regroup. Awesome that you ran one of your fastest miles too. While you may loose some endurance taking the time off, you don't loose as much as you would think. Happy running!
PS. I don't think you can ever set goals too high. I set a huge first goal ( my first marathon) with having run more than a mile at a time. I then also set some mini-milestones along the way...first 5k, first 10k, first half.... It takes some of us longer than others to attain the ultimate goal but I think it is a great thing to work towards.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I have one of the Houdini's-They are great for windy days and if you aren't super picky about your color, they have sale colors 40-50% off.
GREAT. I love getting feedback from others that have tried products. I am picky about colors..... so, I will be paying full price. Dang.

JillC LI

Nice Fall weather is back here again. Gonna do 7 miles after work. @Kristia, it seems like it will be perfect weather for your Philly marathon! Go get 'em girl! (And Dan too.:))

And @diddy_mouse just take it one step at a time. Goals are good if they aren't overwhelming. And mind over matter is a crucial element of running. Don't psych yourself out of what you can achieve.

LindsayLoves

If you like the purple color in the men's and are a woman-go one size smaller and it will fit fine.

Thanks for the advice and the heads up on the sale. Not sure I can hold out that long as I don't mind the cold but the wind cutting through my gear really gets to me (plus my birthday is in a week so I might have something to ask the hubs for)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom