What did you do?

Texas84

Slept in until 0800 to finish my Higdon week. 50F and sunny, very nice. Consistent sub-10 minute pace the last few weeks which used to be a goal, not routine. Officially started training for the Robins AFB half in January. Wish I was training for the Dopey. 2015 is the goal.

Thinking about swapping my Sunday bike ride with another run because of the upcoming cold weather. Is five days a week too much? That would be T-W-Th, Sat-Sun.

ChristaH

Finished my 10K! 1:07:58!! Super happy with that. It was a little warmer than expected...low 60's with bright sunshine and very windy. There were a couple of small overpasses over canals and I was able to run up them out and back. There was a little old lady who I went back and forth with the whole time. She toyed with and let me get ahead the last mile, then pulled ahead the last 200 yards. I was sprinting and couldn't keep up with her! Good for her. I hope I can do that to somebody one day! LOL!

Of course, my son-in-law was able to run the whole way and beat me by 5 minutes! We all had a great morning!
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

fmingo36

Finished my 10K! 1:07:58!! Super happy with that. It was a little warmer than expected...low 60's with bright sunshine and very windy. There were a couple of small overpasses over canals and I was able to run up them out and back. There was a little old lady who I went back and forth with the whole time. She toyed with and let me get ahead the last mile, then pulled ahead the last 200 yards. I was sprinting and couldn't keep up with her! Good for her. I hope I can do that to somebody one day! LOL!

Of course, my son-in-law was able to run the whole way and beat me by 5 minutes! We all had a great morning!
View attachment 37348 View attachment 37349 View attachment 37350

CONGRATS!!!

bethram

View attachment 37348 View attachment 37349 View attachment 37350

Congratulations!

Sumrdog

12.4 miles of complete misery. 36 degrees and hard steady rain. My training program had me doing 11 so I am happy I got through it. I was so cold and wet at the end my hands were numb and my legs were getting very stiff, I think my overall pace was right around 11:56...translating into me being out in the weather for over 2 and a half hours. But it's done!

Kristia

@fmingo36 - Have a great time!

@ChristaH - Congratulations! Isn't it a great feeling when you accomplish that next big distance at a race? Glad you had good weather. Luckily for mine tomorrow it is supposed to be sunny but they are calling for gusty winds. Yikes!

@Sumrdog - That doesn't sound like fun at all. You are a more dedicated runner than me!

AUPr8Hd

16+ miles yesterday. Okay run. IT band acting up though. Not a good thing the week before Wine & Dine and in the middle of Dopey training

bethram

12.4 miles of complete misery. 36 degrees and hard steady rain. My training program had me doing 11 so I am happy I got through it. I was so cold and wet at the end my hands were numb and my legs were getting very stiff, I think my overall pace was right around 11:56...translating into me being out in the weather for over 2 and a half hours. But it's done!
I'm impressed! I don't think I could have stuck to that long of a run in those conditions.

Kristia

Run the Bridge 10k this morning! Ran up the bridge into a stiff headwind for the first 1.5 miles and it was brutal and cold. Brrrrrr! It made coming back the other direction quite nice though. After the bridge part, it was a little tough running through the city and along the waterfront with the wind but at least it got a little warmer. I just missed my PR from last year so that was a bit of a bummer but not a bad run overall. I finished in 1:03:36 which was 19 seconds slower than last year. Ended the morning with some yummy pumpkin pancakes and homefries at a local diner.

ChristaH

Run the Bridge 10k this morning! Ran up the bridge into a stiff headwind for the first 1.5 miles and it was brutal and cold. Brrrrrr! It made coming back the other direction quite nice though. After the bridge part, it was a little tough running through the city and along the waterfront with the wind but at least it got a little warmer. I just missed my PR from last year so that was a bit of a bummer but not a bad run overall. I finished in 1:03:36 which was 19 seconds slower than last year. Ended the morning with some yummy pumpkin pancakes and homefries at a local diner.

Congrats on a good run in tough conditions! Pumpkin pancakes made it all worth it!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I love when the elements throw 2 things at you. Low temps and rain or snow. Double shot of mental focus training. :) Nice job.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Im back on the grid from pacing at the Pinhoti. I learned a lot of what to do, and what not to do. Unfortunately, the guy I was pacing for 20 miles was doomed to fail before it started. He just didnt plan well, and was still out the night before till 11ish. He showed up at mile 45 60-90 minutes early, which isnt good, and 3 Aid Stations later, he was down and we were waiting on the ambulance. He was severely dehydrated and tired. You can lead a horse to water, but cant make it drink. I constantly told him on the uphills to drink. We would get to a AS and his handhelds would be almost full. That 20 mile section should have taken him 5hours and 30 minutes, but we finished that section in 7 hours and some change. I was very scared for awhile that he was going to shut down and collaspe in the last 2 miles.

I learned a lot. Especially, Im not going to pace anyone that I dont know and who hasn't attempted a 100 before. Its dangerous regardless, but when you dont know the person all that well, their ques, mannerisms personality, etc, it gets awkward when you are in "Supportive D Mode" to get him 2 miles to safety.

Oh well. Good experience and had fun with some friends. Beautiful course. So proud this is in Alabama... granted, the finish is in an armpit. LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom