What did you do?

Kristia

@a2grafix - For me, I think I would rather someone pick it up for me. I would think that they are used to the fact that some people just won't be able to make the expo and will have someone pick up. I haven't had anyone pick up for me before but I know that when we got our pins, they gave them to us at the bib pickup and then you went to a second location for the shirt. If someone picks up for you, at least you know you should get the shirt and the pin. I am not sure how they do the C2C wristband since I haven't had to do that. I personally would be too stressed not having the bib yet and having to go find where to pick up my bib at the start.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
6.25 miles last night. I was supposed to do 10 this morning, however, when I get woken up to a 65lb dog (Mr Toby) dry heeveing and ultimately getting sick at 4am for 30 minutes, I figured after all that clean up, I would push it to tonight. Fun morning. Then I figure out we ran out of paper towels at dinner, and this morning, I hear a slurping noise and Mr Toby was drinking my coffee.

We lost ALL control today.

@fmingo36 and I had a great start to Thursday.

JillC LI

I knew you were speedy!!

LOL. Thanks, but I couldn't have kept up that pace much longer though. We'll see how I do at the 10K next weekend. I haven't run a 10K race in many years so, barring any unforeseen factors, I'm pretty confident I will get a PR, but by how much is the question.

fmingo36

6.25 miles last night. I was supposed to do 10 this morning, however, when I get woken up to a 65lb dog (Mr Toby) dry heeveing and ultimately getting sick at 4am for 30 minutes, I figured after all that clean up, I would push it to tonight. Fun morning. Then I figure out we ran out of paper towels at dinner, and this morning, I hear a slurping noise and Mr Toby was drinking my coffee.

We lost ALL control today.

@fmingo36 and I had a great start to Thursday.

You win!

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
25 miles. Lots of weird pains and strains, but it was a good mental run; was able to turn on my anti-pain switch in my head.

Icing and stretching like mad tonight.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
10 miles this morning. Slug fest mentally. Wanted to rest for my day with the crew on the Pinhoti tomorrow, but I have to remember I have my own goal Nov 23rd that I am ultimately training for. No missed training runs. Period. I know the adrenaline and fun of tomorrrow will get me through my run portion and then time for beverages.

ChristaH

Glass, nail polish and dog upchuck??? Appreciating my newly-empty nest more every day!

3 miles on the treadmill last night at 10:20 pace...getting closer to that magic 10-minute-mile on my short runs.

Doing my first 10K race tomorrow morning and praying that the nice folks at Track Shack will accept my time a day late. We are supposed to have perfect weather (clear, mid-50's, low humidity) so I'm hoping for a good-for-me time...between 1:10 and 1:15. My son-in-law is running with me. Will the old lady who's been training beat the young kid who works out but doesn't run more than 2 miles at a time?? The family bets are on!

JillC LI

3 miles on the treadmill last night at 10:20 pace...getting closer to that magic 10-minute-mile on my short runs.

It's very cool when you reach that for the first time. And then when you can go 3 miles at 10 minute pace, suddenly you want to be able to go fast enough to do a sub-30 minute 5K! LOL. There's always another goal just within reach.

Doing my first 10K race tomorrow morning and praying that the nice folks at Track Shack will accept my time a day late. We are supposed to have perfect weather (clear, mid-50's, low humidity) so I'm hoping for a good-for-me time...between 1:10 and 1:15. My son-in-law is running with me. Will the old lady who's been training beat the young kid who works out but doesn't run more than 2 miles at a time?? The family bets are on!

Good luck! I raced my son in a 5K when he was 12 years old and he beat me by a full minute and a half even though I set my own PR. He's 14 now, and next week we are racing in a local 10K, and although he has NEVER run further than 5 individual miles with a short rest interval in between each mile, I am absolutely certain he is going to cream me, perhaps by as much as 10 minutes!

a2grafix

Squeezed in 3.20 miles in around 30 minutes in the noon hour between morning volunteering for a USO concert with Lt. Dan Band (actor Gary Sinise, aka Misson:Space) and going into work, on my normal downtown route. Beautiful first day of November in Downtown Memphis. 74F, slight breeze. Even turned on the air conditioner to cool off.

Yeah, Nov. 1. The A/C is still on in my apartment complex. Hey, it's the Mid-South.

imagination30

a beautiful fall after noon run.. - my first run since my 5k a week ago.. and it helped me push my legs to go farther this time ... I did 4.42 .. by mile 3ish my legs were feeling back to normal.. and in a groove.. - mile pace wiser I was at 5.56 , overall pace was 10:32

Kristia

Beautiful evening for a run. Just did an easy 3 miles and savored the last evening run in the light-time hours.

@ChristaH - good luck on your first 10k! I have a 10k on Sunday. One of my favorite runs where we run a bridge over the Delaware River into Philadelphia and then back again. It is a tough start since they start you right at the base of the bridge but once you go over and back its a nice easy 3 miles along the Camden waterfront.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom