What did you do?

ChristaH

I completely understand; I haven't run since Hershey. But next week we are going on a cruise and I am taking my sneakers. Nothing like running a few miles in the middle of ocean!

I ran on the treadmill during my cruise earlier this month. I wish I had turned my gps on to see how far the ship went while I was running!

AUPr8Hd

4 miles last night. After spending most of Sunday in the car, the run was a little rough. Hamstring is tight. I have 8 on the calendar today. But, not likely to get done as the wife has a meeting out of town. I guess I'll do Crossfit instead.

JillC LI

I completely understand; I haven't run since Hershey. But next week we are going on a cruise and I am taking my sneakers. Nothing like running a few miles in the middle of ocean!

I agree, although 12 laps on deck to the mile made me a tad crazy doing 4 miles! The TM on board was better although I did feel the lilt of the ship while running on the TM whereas I hadn't felt it any other time. ENJOY!

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I agree, although 12 laps on deck to the mile made me a tad crazy doing 4 miles! The TM on board was better although I did feel the lilt of the ship while running on the TM whereas I hadn't felt it any other time. ENJOY!
OMG.... 12 laps for a mile. You will never hear me say tis, but I might actually hit the treadmill. Whoa. 12 laps.

Sumrdog

3.4 miles after work...I am not a huge fan of the afternoon run, but I am not allowing myself any excuses. So I did it and managed to run at 9:52 and 10:12 for the last two miles which is wicked fast for me! The only person I am racing is me...

JillC LI

Yeah but we WOULD catch you doing jazz hands!

Lest we not forget, I just tracked this down! LOL

photo-1-jpg.28160

a2grafix

Alright, quick question. I made a mistake. In hindsight I thought I could get my coworker to swap days, or work nearly a double and I would do the same, so I could leave Friday, Nov. 8, for Orlando in time to get my ducks in a row and prep for the Wine and Dine Half the next night.

Nope. Can't do it, so I modified my airline reservations and my hotel at Shades of Green. No cost to change hotel reservations, but paid some $$ to rebook a Saturday flight. I leave 10:50am CT Saturday, and I am expected to land at MCO around 1:40pm. The expo lasts until 3pm Saturday.

Contacted runDisney and waiting on a response. Shall I contact one of our WDW Magic runners to maybe vouch for me and pick up my race packet? But I am also in the Coast to Coast medal challenge, and when I cross the finish line I will be awarded both medals.

Can I make it via Mears shuttle if I tell the driver to get me to the ESPN sports complex post haste? Likely I will arrive with minutes to spare. Has anyone arrived at the end of the second day of a 2-day expo?

As well, have any of you flew in or drove in on race day, hit the expo, and run a few hours later? And leave Disney some 12 hours after you complete your run?

I'm about to do that.

JillC LI

Alright, quick question. I made a mistake. In hindsight I thought I could get my coworker to swap days, or work nearly a double and I would do the same, so I could leave Friday, Nov. 8, for Orlando in time to get my ducks in a row and prep for the Wine and Dine Half the next night.

Nope. Can't do it, so I modified my airline reservations and my hotel at Shades of Green. No cost to change hotel reservations, but paid some $$ to rebook a Saturday flight. I leave 10:50am CT Saturday, and I am expected to land at MCO around 1:40pm. The expo lasts until 3pm Saturday.

Contacted runDisney and waiting on a response. Shall I contact one of our WDW Magic runners to maybe vouch for me and pick up my race packet? But I am also in the Coast to Coast medal challenge, and when I cross the finish line I will be awarded both medals.

Can I make it via Mears shuttle if I tell the driver to get me to the ESPN sports complex post haste? Likely I will arrive with minutes to spare. Has anyone arrived at the end of the second day of a 2-day expo?

As well, have any of you flew in or drove in on race day, hit the expo, and run a few hours later? And leave Disney some 12 hours after you complete your run?

I'm about to do that.

Yikes, that's cutting it awfully close. I would have said to ask someone else to pick up your race packet, but I'm not sure how the Coast to Coast medal thing works. I vaguely remember hearing that you get a bracelet at the Expo which shows you are entitled to both medals at the Finish Line. Hopefully someone else can help more.

a2grafix

Yikes, that's cutting it awfully close. I would have said to ask someone else to pick up your race packet, but I'm not sure how the Coast to Coast medal thing works. I vaguely remember hearing that you get a bracelet at the Expo which shows you are entitled to both medals at the Finish Line. Hopefully someone else can help more.

Yes, awaiting a response from runDisney on what do to. I believe the only option, other than making a Mears dash after arriving at the gate to get to the expo at ESPN, is to have someone pick up the race packet ahead of time for me. I have contact someone on the board. Exploring all my options.

To clear my mind, I went out for a nice fall jog downtown. Ran 3.50 miles in about 40-45 minutes in overcast 74F temps, touch humid. Not bad for the second last day of October. Even turned on the air conditioner at home to cool down for my after run stretch.

Kristia

I'm about to do that.
I think that would definitely be cutting it too close. If there are any delays with the airline or traffic, you are screwed. Hopefully you can have someone pick up your stuff and the you won't have a snag with the C2C issue.

a2grafix

I think that would definitely be cutting it too close. If there are any delays with the airline or traffic, you are screwed. Hopefully you can have someone pick up your stuff and the you won't have a snag with the C2C issue.

Good idea. Talking it all in. Decisions, decisions. I received word from runDisney stating that it would be possible for me to get to the corrals early and get my bib. Unsure about the shirt, C2C band, exclusive pin, and whatever else.

"In the event that you are unable to make it to the race expo, we will
have your race bib at the start of the race. Just make sure you arrive
early and ask any runDisney Cast Member where to pick it up. You will
need to have your signed waiver and photo ID as well."

What do you think? Shall I still chance the expo at the end? Wait for the corrals to open early enough? Or give my waiver and authorization release form to someone on this board?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom