What did you do?

fmingo36

An hour of weights and 1/2 core classes this morning. May actually sneak our for a quick run later. It's such a nice day for a run but first the thousands of leaves on my lawn are calling my name. Must get out there to make a giant leaf pile for my girls to jump in. I just love the autumn season!

JillC LI

[quote="fmingo36, post: 5774885, member: 33832" ] It's such a nice day for a run but first the thousands of leaves on my lawn are calling my name. Must get out there to make a giant leaf pile for my girls to jump in. I just love the autumn season![/quote]

Not enough leaves on the ground here yet to jump in. So I ran 5 miles. Easy pace. But last Sunday's run was much more fun. :)

fmingo36

Started my morning off with an hour and 1/2 of yoga. Not my regular yoga instructor this morning and definitely didn't get the workout that I usually do. :(

Kristia

20 miles today! This was our last monster run before the Philadelphia Marathon in 3 weeks. My training has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked and we had to do a little last minute adjustment to our running today. I should have done 3 - 20 mile runs during training but with injury set backs, I could only get one in. We decided to fall back on our method during Goofy last year of "run a mile /walk a minute". I am just looking to beat my marathon time of 6:33 which shouldn't be too hard if we both can stay healthy!

fmingo36

20 miles today! This was our last monster run before the Philadelphia Marathon in 3 weeks. My training has not gone as smoothly as I would have liked and we had to do a little last minute adjustment to our running today. I should have done 3 - 20 mile runs during training but with injury set backs, I could only get one in. We decided to fall back on our method during Goofy last year of "run a mile /walk a minute". I am just looking to beat my marathon time of 6:33 which shouldn't be too hard if we both can stay healthy!
Awesome! from 13 miles to 20 miles in a week. You Go Girl!!!

ChristaH

Wow. I'm just in awe of you ladies. Well, the guys too, but really big shout out to the girls!

8 miles yesterday in 1:32. The last mile was painful but I didn't stop! And I'm not sore today so that's a good thing.

I went back to the shoe store on Friday and changed shoes again. This time, I got the same size and style as my old comfy ones. These felt great the first three or four miles, but then the tingling and numbness started again. Then the pain. I know you shouldn't have to break in good running shoes, but this doesn't happen in my old shoes. Maybe I need to just wear the new ones for short runs for a while? I probably have 50 - 80 miles left on the old ones so I could use them on long runs for the next few weeks while I break in the new ones on short runs. Is that what I am supposed to do??

JillC LI

Way to go Kristi! Woohoo. Can't wait to see how Philly goes!

@ChristaH I really hope you can find some comfy shoes soon.

bethram

4.25 miles this wet Monday morning. I ran my normal run and threw in the front hill for good measure because today is the only day this week I get to run outside, 8:45 pace.

Kristia

Wow. I'm just in awe of you ladies. Well, the guys too, but really big shout out to the girls!

8 miles yesterday in 1:32. The last mile was painful but I didn't stop! And I'm not sore today so that's a good thing.

I went back to the shoe store on Friday and changed shoes again. This time, I got the same size and style as my old comfy ones. These felt great the first three or four miles, but then the tingling and numbness started again. Then the pain. I know you shouldn't have to break in good running shoes, but this doesn't happen in my old shoes. Maybe I need to just wear the new ones for short runs for a while? I probably have 50 - 80 miles left on the old ones so I could use them on long runs for the next few weeks while I break in the new ones on short runs. Is that what I am supposed to do??
Sorry you are having shoe issues. I haven't ever had a problem with breaking in new shoes. My problem comes after a couple weeks with either blisters or knee and shin issues and then I have to go to a new shoe (of course after the return window). Have they changed the model # since your old ones? I was wearing the Brooks GTS and everytime I needed new shoes they had changed the model # and I was liking them a little less each time. Maybe try them for short runs (like you said) and the old ones for long runs. It shouldn't take more than a few short runs to break them in. Is the numbness and tingling in your feet or toes? Maybe you need a half size bigger so that you can have more room for your toes to spread out?
Way to go Kristi! Woohoo. Can't wait to see how Philly goes!

@ChristaH I really hope you can find some comfy shoes soon.

Thanks Jill! I am hoping it goes smoothly!

dreamfinder

Fri was 2@8:30, 3@6:24, 1@8:30. Sun was 6@7:48ish outdoors in the rolling hills of Vermont. Despite hating running the warm, running in 30ish temps is still eh. Wore just enough so I wouldn't freeze (read long sleeve and leggings), and yet I was still sweating a mile in. And of course we all know what happens if you sweat in the cold...

Even machines break down if you throw something into the gears ;-)

Food poisoning = 1 day off feeling like death = 25 miles today in 3:26

Ridiculous. Food poisoning, to a pretty damn respective marathon time overnight.

You always need to break in new shoes. At least I always do, any everything I have heard indicates the same. To the point of gradually phasing them in when replacing. However, this is mostly to help eliminate hot spots, get them broken in a bit before running a marathon in them. Not sure if it would really solve your issue with the tingling or not. But I usually try to do 15-20 miles of shorter 3 mi or less runs before using a new shoe for longer runs.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Great cookout with the BUTS crew Saturday. 31 degrees at start and 50 at finish. Longest option was 1 loop of the 50K course, so my training partner and I met an hour early (6am) and did 4.5 miles as a warm up.

20.05 total for the day. I had to strip some clothing about half way through at a water stop, and my 2 salt tablets fell out of my vest and i didnt see it. I borrowed one with about 3 miles to go due to some mild calf cramping, and I think it was PCP. The last 2 miles, I had a 8:30 pace, smoked all the technical uphills, and gained a 8 minute lead on everyone to the finish. Im not sure what got into me, but it was pretty cool to be the smoker, instead of the smoked.

Happy Monday. 5 days till Pinhoiti pacing and that adventure.

Post run at the cookout.... the family showed up along with others kids. Such a great group of people.
882323_10153375006045442_1821239345_o.jpg

Last edited:

Texas84

Slacking. Got up at 0500 Thursday and Charlie-horsed before I even got out of bed. Reset alarms and went back to bed. Did a 3-mile make-up run Friday and smoked it. Not a PR but my fastest before-work run yet. It was COLD! Skipped the weekend for a systems upgrade all-nighter Saturday night. Back on track this week. Nothing to look forward to until the January Robins AFB half. They also have a full but it's two half laps and it would be too lonely.

a2grafix

Who had the air conditioner on after a fine, fine fall run?

<== This guy. 4.85 miles after morning fog lifted, 70F in Downtown Memphis. About 45 minutes. Just a nice, smooth, lovely run. A touch of fall is starting to settle in on the Mighty Mississippi.

Attachments

• 1397893_10151922133152708_1141980563_o.jpg
    1397893_10151922133152708_1141980563_o.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 24

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom