What did you do?

Kristia

Thought people might find this article of interest: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304561004579137713459355656

Ran 3 miles yesterday with DD on her bike. No watch - just nice and easy. Felt like I had just warmed up when it was ending!

DS ran a 6:07 mile yesterday - his PR. I'm so amazed.

I'm so excited to meet and run with @Kristia and @fmingo36 this weekend at the Hershey Half! See ya both at packet pickup around 11am. I have your cell #s programmed into my phone now.
I'll be wearing one of my runDisney shirts. :D
Last year it was pretty easy to find Coryna once I got there. We parked pretty close to the stadium and I met up with her right near their car. This year it might be a bit more crowded since the park opens closer to when we will get there. Last year it didn't open till 2. Not sure what I will be wearing tomorrow but will be texting both you and @fmingo36 when we get close!

imagination30

a foggy - 46 degrees when I started felt nice to actually have cooler weather again.. lol , so much so that I only looked at watch twice.. --- I did 3.40 , with a mile pace of 3.39 so we will see how my 5k goes tomorrow , looking at beating my time from last year!

JillC LI

a foggy - 46 degrees when I started felt nice to actually have cooler weather again.. lol , so much so that I only looked at watch twice.. --- I did 3.40 , with a mile pace of 3.39 so we will see how my 5k goes tomorrow , looking at beating my time from last year!

A mile pace of 3:39?! You'll blow through that 5K! In fact, you may set a new world record! ;)

ChristaH

4 miles in 42:42. My short runs are getting faster and my long runs are getting longer. That's the way it is supposed to work...right??? Planning for 7 miles on Sunday and if that goes well, I will probably graduate from physical therapy on Monday. They make a big deal of it, you get a t-shirt and everybody in the rehab room cheers for you. It's a little sad because I've spent two hours two or three times a week with the techs and other patients, but a milestone nonetheless!

Interesting article @JillC LI The girl in the picture wrote a blog about her experience and it was really good. I was almost crying for her by the end!

AUPr8Hd

3 miles last night. I decided to work on pacing. I'd been using run/walk for a good bit of my runs. But, felt I needed a change. It was nice just "going for a run" and not thinking too much ;)

Pace was consistent with 10:43, 10:42 and 10:37. It was slow, but I know I could've kicked it up a notch too. We'll see how I utilize it for tomorrow's 10 mile race.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
All this planning we do, the life throws you a curve ball. Not the kind where you have to run in the afternoon instead of morning that day, but a little more serious.

@JillC LI per my FB comment a little bit ago on your thread, I thought of you when I asked myself, What should I do about Saturday morning. We had planned 2 months ago to go run 22 mile of the 50k Cheaha course on Oct 18. Well, Thursday as we made final plans of meeting times etc (4am at that since we could camp due to GOV shutdown) I felt ill. I felt horrible and it started getting worse. Both kids have been sick and IM not getting enough rest. Went to the doctor and by the time i got there, I was at 101 and just felt bad. Got meds etc, and today felt much better after getting much needed rest. I texted Sam and said, "I might still go tomorrow since I feel good today" LOL... I cant type her response here, but it was expletives.

I started thinking about next weekend with the BUTS cookout and 50K preview course run, the following weekend and the team I am on for pacing with the Pinhoti 100 and actually made a smart decision. Skip weekend 22 mile run, start fresh Monday on schedule. I emailed a buddy that happens to be the race director for local trail runs and asked his opinion since he has been running his whole life, he confirmed what Jill and Sam would have said, "Rest, wait till Monday and at this stage in your training/experience etc, you probably will benefit from the off days and come back just fine and just as strong."

So, Im doing nothing this weekend. To all that are running, kick . Ill be back Monday. :D

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
All this planning we do, the life throws you a curve ball. Not the kind where you have to run in the afternoon instead of morning that day, but a little more serious.

@JillC LI per my FB comment a little bit ago on your thread, I thought of you when I asked myself, What should I do about Saturday morning. We had planned 2 months ago to go run 22 mile of the 50k Cheaha course on Oct 18. Well, Thursday as we made final plans of meeting times etc (4am at that since we could camp due to GOV shutdown) I felt ill. I felt horrible and it started getting worse. Both kids have been sick and IM not getting enough rest. Went to the doctor and by the time i got there, I was at 101 and just felt bad. Got meds etc, and today felt much better after getting much needed rest. I texted Sam and said, "I might still go tomorrow since I feel good today" LOL... I cant type her response here, but it was expletives.

I started thinking about next weekend with the BUTS cookout and 50K preview course run, the following weekend and the team I am on for pacing with the Pinhoti 100 and actually made a smart decision. Skip weekend 22 mile run, start fresh Monday on schedule. I emailed a buddy that happens to be the race director for local trail runs and asked his opinion since he has been running his whole life, he confirmed what Jill and Sam would have said, "Rest, wait till Monday and at this stage in your training/experience etc, you probably will benefit from the off days and come back just fine and just as strong."

So, Im doing nothing this weekend. To all that are running, kick . Ill be back Monday. :D
So ed that I am missing Pinhoti 100. That hardware is sweet.

bethram

7.1 miles at 9:13 pace, furthest I've run since last April and the first time I've ventured out of my neighborhood since then. Nice morning, about 55 degrees with occasional rain drops.

Now to enjoy the rest of the weekend - chiropractor this morning (YAY!!!!!) and dinner in the cul de sac with the neighbors tonight.

bethram

Has anyone tried the new RoadID app? I just started using it and I really like it especially for my longer weekend runs and since I run so early in the morning during the week. It sends an eCrumb to a couple people that you put on your list and they can track you from their phone. It also allows you to put emergency contact information as well as allergy/medical information on your lock screen. Plus it's free!

fmingo36

Aw Man, that sucks!!! I hate being sick but being sick when you have something to look forward is the absolute worse.
But that being said, enjoy the weekend-you'll be back even stronger next weekend!

-em

Got 13.1 in today in the "Art of Animation/Pop Century Half Marathon" I was registered for the Lighthouse Loop Half next weekend but now will be out of town so switched to their virtual option (LOVE they offer that so I'm not out the cash!) Was just going to get 10 miles in this week and do the full race next Fri but felt good enough to finish it out today (tad warmer than I wouldve preferred) Time wasn't bad (about 5 min off my typical half time but since its 25 min less than my last half time I will take it)

AUPr8Hd

Has anyone tried the new RoadID app? I just started using it and I really like it especially for my longer weekend runs and since I run so early in the morning during the week. It sends an eCrumb to a couple people that you put on your list and they can track you from their phone. It also allows you to put emergency contact information as well as allergy/medical information on your lock screen. Plus it's free!

I use it for all my runs longer than 4 miles. My wife loves the peace of mind being able to see where I am in the area.

AUPr8Hd

10 mile race yesterday here in Auburn. Race name is Tough Ten/Tough Two. Course is slightly rolling hills. But, nothing too extreme. The worst part is running on 2 lane county roads for most of it. So you're on the edge of the road with lots of camber. Garmin died before mile 1 due to not charging properly. In the end, this was a blessing in disguise. Finish time was 1:43 and some change (10:20 pace). It felt good to run by feel instead of worrying about what my Garmin read.

23 miles for the week. Dopey training in full effect

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So ed that I am missing Pinhoti 100. That hardware is sweet.
Next year Bro... and I might run it with you. Well, as much as I can keep up. That buckle is insane cool.
Aw Man, that sucks!!! I hate being sick but being sick when you have something to look forward is the absolute worse.
But that being said, enjoy the weekend-you'll be back even stronger next weekend!
Yes. Im not a good sick patient. I was going to run, but like I said, Sam said she would sabotage my alarm, car anything to keep me home and get well.

I feel like Im tapering. My leg muscles are feeling like they are healing etc. I feel sorry for them. Tomorrow at 5:30am should be a rude awakening. ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom