What did you do?

bethram

4.4 miles this morning at 8:46. Not very long for a weekend run but I haven't had any motivation for long runs since we had to cancel our scheduled races, so I'm just happy that I got my butt out of bed.

It was a beautiful 56 degrees when I set out which is 15 degrees cooler than Thursday morning's run.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 33

Kristia

Picked up my bib for the RNR Half tomorrow. Still having shin pain. Not too bad, but I haven't run for two weeks. :eek: Hopefully I can get through this. Most nervous I have been for a race in a while.

a2grafix

A perfect Saturday for a run. High 60s, low 70s with a northerly breeze. No humidity. In Memphis. Along the Mississippi River. Ran 6-6.5 miles in a little over 70 minutes. Slowish. Was told earlier in the week it's time to get new kicks and I felt it on my right foot. Also dealing with a bruised toenail on my right foot, the same toenail that turned blue and grey and fell off last year after I ran the 2012 Tower 10 miler.

Yeah, time to invest in new shoes. But my blue and orange Asics gel-cumulus 14s are great. Will be hard to part ways with them but I need to feel the airy feeling again.

imagination30

a cool , very cool , 77 when I got off work , mom and I went for a 2.01 mil walk .... , my right quad has been hurting as of late like catch or something... , tried to work out tonight.. but I have a 5k coming up in 4 weeks.. so it better hurry! - so that brings my total miles for the week to 11

JillC LI

Runner's High, baby, Runner's High! Got in the grooze like I haven't in a loooong time on today's 9 mile run. It was the first time I've gone that distance in about a year, and I wasn't sure if I'd be really tired after fasting yesterday, but it was the most amazing run. I'm sure the cool, dry air had something to do with it too, but I ran that distance faster than I ever have before - at 9:56 pace! Blew my mind when I checked my watch at the end because I wasn't looking at my watch during the run. I was just enjoying myself on the new route I had mapped out. Feelin' great right now! Better go shower because I'm probably not smellin' so great! LOL. Luckily no one else is home so I came here to share. :happy:

Kristia

Well, I finished! Ran the Philadelphia Rock-n-Roll.Half today. My unofficial time was about 2:30 which is 5 min slower than last year. Not too horrible considering but I am a little disappointed I couldn't at least match my time from last year. Felt shin the whole time but not too bad. Just knew it was there. Mini race report coming up soon!

Last edited:

LindsayLoves

@JillC LI - your post made me smile! Its runs like that make all those not so good runs worth it.

@Kristia - glad to hear you were able to make it through the race despite not getting the result you were hoping for. Hopefully you still had a fun race experience!

Worked this entire weekend and skipped my track workout on Friday to do core and leg work. Today I found a .5 mile section of the park the is relatively flat to do my repeats on. WU 10 min, .5 x 4 @3:30 w/2:30 RI, 10 min CD. The .5 miles that went north were slightly uphill so I had to battle a bit harder on those. I was tempted to throw two more in but a lovely allergy attack got me just as I finished #4 making for a sneeze filled cool down. I am still sneezing, lesson learned on skipping the allergy meds during ragweed season.:hungover:

imagination30

just finished a near 2 mile walk with mom sorta hotter than last night.. but I tried to jog on quad and it felt okay.. so hoping it wasn't nothing.. - lol..

dreamfinder

Sat was 1@8:30,4@6:39,1@8:30. Sun was another outdoor run. 4.5mi to trailhead, 8mi on the trails, then back home.

Those of you who runs trails regularly, did you find a slower pace when you started? (Or even continued) Trying to figure out if that is whats killing my overall pace, or something else has changed.

ChristaH

Finally a full 5K run yesterday morning. Still going slow...11:30 - 12:00 pace, but I'd rather go slow than not go! Very little pain during or after the run. Normal morning achiness today. I'll do water zumba tonight, PT tomorrow and try to run again Wednesday night. My sister, who is my half-marathon partner, ran 4 miles yesterday so I have some catching up to do!

GoofyRacer11

Yesterday morning I ran in the Cleveland Heroes Run 5 miler race. I was using it as part of a training run so I ran 2.5 miles before and a mile afterwards. I ended up winning my age group, 18-24, with a time of 34:00. Later in the evening I rode 10 miles on my bike. My next big race will be this years Wine and Dine followed by the Dopey Challenge in January.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
14.5 Saturday at Oak Mountain. I missed a section of the 50K course (1 loop) and so I came up short. Couldnt tell I missed it until I went home and look at satellite, and compared garmin to route on website. Apparently, I missed the 1.5 mile section we take a horse trail. Ill redo my 16 this weekend.

4 Miles this morning. Breaking in new Hoka's. Went with a different model, and the jury is out.

Happy Monday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom