What did you do?

JillC LI

Never know what you are going to get in the mornings now. Typical NorthEast late summer/early fall. Life Beyond the Illustration. Left wearing long sleves & pants. Was regretting that before mile 1 was over......

I hear ya. The other morning it was in the 50s so I went running in long sleeves (not pants yet), and tomorrow it is supposed to be 90 degrees and humid as heck. Mother Nature can't seem to decide if it's summer or fall.

Texas84

This morning was my first run since Disneyland and it was strange. At mile 2 I started to get dizzy and realized I was running with my head tilted way back. Sleep running maybe? Straightened up and I was OK. Then a car approached with high beams and I couldn't see. Slipped into a gutter and twisted my ankle. Not badly though. I was able to finish and my ankle is fine.

Trying to do the end of the Higdon plan for the Allstate Atlanta half in October. 3-5-3 weekdays with long run on Saturday.

Sumrdog

I did the RNR half last year and it was probably my favorite race to date outside of Disney. I have heard of the hot chocolate ones. I am not sure if they have any by me. I am sure they will soon though. All these race series' keep getting bigger especially the specialty ones. They are actually starting a new one in PA somewhere that is going to be a "running of the bulls" type event. Oh boy...think I will skip that one!
I agree running with or from any large animal is not really my thing.

Sumrdog

Now you have my attention! Where? When? :p
In addition to running with some WDW gals at the Hershey Half, I have been dreaming about something I ate at Hershey Park when I was last there almost 10 years ago - a s'more made with giant, hot chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. I can still taste it now!
They have them all over, google it. I know last year the closest they got to me was Seattle so I haven't done it, but as @Kristia said the themed races are growing all the time. I would like to do the Hot Chocolate on a cold winter day.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
@joel_maxwell I love that you brought your daughter to help with the race!
The race organizer, David Tosch encourages it. His daughter grew up doing it, and he understands not missing family time and the benefit of kids helping others.
That would have freaked me out!

That is so cool that you brought your daughter and that she and the runners had such great interaction!
Yep, I dont do snakes. Im not scared of them, Id just rather not interact with them.

JillC LI

Then hit the stairclimber. It shall be my new best friend. :D

It is my sworn enemy. :D I always say, I'd rather run a whole mile than walk up a flight of steps.

They have them all over, google it. I know last year the closest they got to me was Seattle so I haven't done it, but as @Kristia said the themed races are growing all the time. I would like to do the Hot Chocolate on a cold winter day.

Hot chocolate alone wouldn't entice me but a box of chocolate goodies......:joyfull:

fmingo36

Now you have my attention! Where? When? :p
In addition to running with some WDW gals at the Hershey Half, I have been dreaming about something I ate at Hershey Park when I was last there almost 10 years ago - a s'more made with giant, hot chocolate chip cookies instead of graham crackers. I can still taste it now!

You can make your own chocolate bar at Chocolate World. :hungry:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
It is my sworn enemy. :D I always say, I'd rather run a whole mile than walk up a flight of steps.
Well, when you have a race director like the one I have, and all his trail runs include some gnarly verts and climbs, plus a little climb in February that is 1 mile long and better known as blue hell, I might need to make sure I am prepared.

Besides, it is so far been the best method for curing IT Band issues. Strong Medius means strong legs.

EDIT: I will say that I love, and I mean LOVE, that for this past weekends free Birmingham Track Club trail run, David decides to punish them and sent up the yellow/white connector and into Peavine falls gorge. We had so many roadies that didnt know what to do with themselves. Only reason it is funny, typically, the BTC members would rather do a 5k fast and improve their club status on the boards, then do a long race and come in slow. I dont like that. Most of them did the 4 mile trail, but some the 8, and very few the 14.

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
20+ mi yesterday.

Just under 20 mi today. I had clients and a bunch or erands to do.

Getting in as mich as I can this week before We head to the Poly for vacation :D We got our Magic Bands and a week off from hard running will hopefully set my head right for Oil Creek 100 on Oct. 5th.

If you sign up for something that hurts or makes you want to quit or makes you miserable: then you're slacking off...

bethram

I did the Hot Chocolate last January and it was 65 degrees. Not hot chocolate weather!!! But I love the sweatshirt and the fondue was cool.

bethram

3.8 miles on hills this morning at 9:12. The newspaper guy was nice enough to stop and tell me there were coyotes in the neighborhood.

dreamfinder

Speed work. Kinda a modified gauntlet test now that I look back at it. 2x1600@5:51 w/60 sec RI, 2x800@2:47 w/90 sec RI plus warm up/cool down.

Themed races are getting huge right now. We have one race mgmt group that does a run in a week (1/2 way to St Pats) where your registration fee includes a kilt, then they do one before the local Christmas parade (out and back on the parade route) where you registration fee includes a full Santa suit, and some other fun things like that. (Helps that most of their races include free beer if you are 21+)

I'm all for the themed races, and even the ones that are more "runs" where you aren't timed, just keep in mind that the jog in pack blocking the whole road attitude that worked at your local color run where no one cared about speed or trying to get around you might not work well at another race where people might be trying for a PR.

ChristaH

Thirty minutes on the elliptical last night with no pain. Looking forward to a 2.5mile run tonight. Everything feels pretty good right now...better than it has in a while. I registered for a local 5K on Sept. 28 so I should be good for that one. I'm worried about the 10K I'm supposed to do Oct 12. I may not be ready for that distance by then, but as you all keep reminding me, any corral placement is better than none, so I'll probably be doing the 10K anyway, even if I have to walk part of it.

JillC LI

21+ miles.

92 degrees.

Ready to hurl.

Yeah, it's a hot and humid one today. Think I'll do my afternoon run on the TM and do some speedwork. I can do speed workouts better on the TM when I can ensure I'm going the right pace for the right distance. (Plus, I have a few episodes of General Hospital to catch up on!)

My DS's X-Country coach did any interesting workout with the team yesterday. They had to run a mile and then however much time they finished under 12 minutes, they could walk until the 12 minute mark, and then they had to run another mile. Repeat 5 times. Considering DS had never run further than 5K and barely ran all summer, he's hurtin' today after those 5 miles! I told him to be careful today in the heat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom