What did you do?

Texas84

I'm beginning to think 4-5 miles before work is a bigger accomplishment than an official half.

Beautiful 66F morning today. Big scary orange moon was waiting for me.

Yep, we usually visit family in Texas in February and I schedule it so I can run a 10K there. Temps are in the 60s and the locals are bundled up and I'm in shorts and a dri-fit. :D

ejsanta13

40 degrees and dark @ 545 this morning. 3.4 mi @ 8:04 pace. Crushed my 5k PR by over 1 min. Almost cracked 25 mins (25:06) Beat my individual 1 mile PR by about 20 seconds. Cracked 8 min (7:58) I guess the cold weather and country music mix worked for me..... And I'm not even a big country fan. Guess I may need to be now.

Kristia

Managed 5 miles today. It was embarrassingly slow but it felt good to be out running at home. It has been more than 2 weeks since I have run regularly. I was still a little sore from my half on Sunday, so I took it slow and tried not to pay attention to my watch too much.

Sumrdog

I got about 1/4 mile into my 9 mile run this morning, but the pain in my right thigh was pretty bad, so I decided to be smart and stopped. :( I am pretty sure I just pulled a groin muscle last week during one of my garden work days. So I am going to not run the next two and try to get my long run done on Sunday.

I guess, I will cross train in the vegetable garden, I have about 300lbs of green tomatoes to bring in, (not exaggerating). We are supposed to get a hard frost tonight. I already pulled in 2 wheel-barrow loads of winter squash, and I also still have 18 jalapeno and habanero plants to harvest today before the frost. I think the rest of the plants; onions, kale, chard and corn will handle it with just a sheet to cover them. I am a little disappointed, last year we made it to October 4th without a frost...But this happens to me every year and I just lay all my green tomatoes out on several rows of scaffolding in the shop and they ripen eventually.

ChristaH

I got about 1/4 mile into my 9 mile run this morning, but the pain in my right thigh was pretty bad, so I decided to be smart and stopped. :( I am pretty sure I just pulled a groin muscle last week during one of my garden work days. So I am going to not run the next two and try to get my long run done on Sunday.

I know how frustrating that is, but you know you did the right thing!

Texas84

Finished a Higdon 3-4-3 this week and this morning was the fastest pace. Go figure. That was some beautiful bright moon this morning.

dreamfinder

Cross training today. Time to start training programs for January?

I guess, I will cross train in the vegetable garden, I have about 300lbs of green tomatoes to bring in, (not exaggerating). We are supposed to get a hard frost tonight. I already pulled in 2 wheel-barrow loads of winter squash, and I also still have 18 jalapeno and habanero plants to harvest today before the frost. I think the rest of the plants; onions, kale, chard and corn will handle it with just a sheet to cover them. I am a little disappointed, last year we made it to October 4th without a frost...But this happens to me every year and I just lay all my green tomatoes out on several rows of scaffolding in the shop and they ripen eventually.

Did you get any red ones at all? Our CSA yielded alot of greens as well, so we made green tomato chutney, a batch of half red/half green salsa, and ate a bunch of fried green tomatoes. Sadly, most of what we ended up putting up this year were cherry tomatoes, the regulars just didn't come in well.. Not bad, but makes for sauces with a lot of skins in em.
About 20 meals worth of stuffed pablanos in the freezer as well. Hooray!
And made 3 batches of homemade "siracha". Not completely true to the style, had a mix of whatever peppers we got, but I liked it. Pain cleaning out the blender afterwards so my DW can use it for smoothies the next day however....
But guess this means its about time to plant our seed garlic for next year though.

ChristaH

Yesterday was a good day. Lots of stretching and strengthening at the PT, pilates class and 30 minutes on the elliptical. Feeling very strong today. I hate that I have to wait until Sunday to run again, but gotta trust that the PT knows best!

Happy running this weekend, everyone!

AUPr8Hd

3 miles last night. Foam roller before sleep was heavenly.

6 miles on schedule tomorrow morning. Rain in the forecast. It could be a cool, wet run

LindsayLoves

4.34 mile shakeout run at 8:30/mile. At my parents house in Buffalo for the Mighty Niagara Half marathon tomorrow and needed to get in a quick run to make sure my legs are still working after a day of travel yesterday. Now off to enjoy the waterfront, hydrate, and relax! Also why is it 75 degrees in Buffalo in mid-September?

a2grafix

Haven't run since last Saturday, but that's okay. Need a slight break from training and running Disneyland Half a few weeks back. But I am back on training for Wine and Dine, Space Coast and St. Jude Memphis halves.

Today no running but have to say I missed you Tony Horton. You kicked my butt in P90X CardioX. Dripping sweat and feeling I just ran 5 miles.

On tap this weekend volunteering for 2 races - Saturday 5K and Sunday 10K - and will run the courses once the races are complete.

Sumrdog

Cross training today. Time to start training programs for January?

Did you get any red ones at all? Our CSA yielded alot of greens as well, so we made green tomato chutney, a batch of half red/half green salsa, and ate a bunch of fried green tomatoes. Sadly, most of what we ended up putting up this year were cherry tomatoes, the regulars just didn't come in well.. Not bad, but makes for sauces with a lot of skins in em.
About 20 meals worth of stuffed pablanos in the freezer as well. Hooray!
And made 3 batches of homemade "siracha". Not completely true to the style, had a mix of whatever peppers we got, but I liked it. Pain cleaning out the blender afterwards so my DW can use it for smoothies the next day however....
But guess this means its about time to plant our seed garlic for next year though.
Yes, I have gotten some red ones, I have canned 16 pints of salsa with them. I use the cherry tomatoes for salsa with whatever beefsteak or Romas I have. All the tomatoes I brought in yesterday were large varieties, I got tired of bringing them in when I reached 379 pounds worth.
I planted a bunch of hot chilis I wasn't too sure what to do with them all; homemade siracha sounds like a super good idea! I can imagine that could potentially ruin your smoothies for a few days if you didn't wash the blender carefully. I love this time of year; harvesting, freezing and canning!

Texas84

Nice easy 9 miles this morning. Still humid but temps in the 60s. The ladies were out in force so that made for a pleasant run. :D The doc told me to only wear 100% cotton shirts with my stitches so I wasn't wearing the dri-fit. Slightly embarassing since I've become such a running snob. ;)

fmingo36

Well my Hershey 1/2 training got a little side tracked this week. My dad was back in the hospital with some health issues and I was back & forth to MA to be at the hospital with him.
I was able to get one 4.25 miles run in but my mind was definitely not into it. I did buy a new pair of sneakers this week and this morning got in 7.5 miles in at a 10:43 pace. I was planning on 6.5 miles but was feeling good so I decided to take the long way home.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom